New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

I was under the impression Rey was working for Nexstar now and Linear Drift was just a working name for his operations.

That's just going to confuse people on here. :rolleyes: Remember "5dotFive"? People still don't "get it".

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any way to know when WCIA will get the new graphics? What's interesting is the school closings banner is in the new graphics form, so presumably they're coming at some point, but some much smaller market Nexstar stations have had them for a couple months plus, so not sure what the delay is. WCIA needs them desperately, still stuck with 2012-ish "Hey we have HD graphics, look at these 3D effects" thing.

As an aside, first post. I literally had no idea that this sort of thing was a hobby for anyone in the world but me until I found TVNT, so this is pretty cool. Hey everyone!

This new ticker for weather advisories showed up on KSN starting yesterday. No other changes to the graphics thus far from what I've seen.

WTWO also is using an new ticker, but doing a comparison of the tickers, it looks like KSN(W) is using the ticker used by Nexstar CBS affiliates. 165271929_Screenshot(102).thumb.png.bcc1af6e37e9209ed167194a50d6cb1d.png

I know they have create a new package for the "Eyewitness News" stations (WEHT/WTVW & WBRE/WYOU), or they could use WKRN's graphics like Utica's EWN (WUTR) is doing. WFXV is using the FOX package.

Those graphics were originally launched by WFLA and WCMH.

Interesting....a Media General package on a Nexstar station. That's good to see that some of the old things are still making their rounds.

Ironically, WUTR was a Media General station a long time ago (WAY back in 1997)...it was one of the Park stations and was quickly divested to Ackerley since it was WAY out of their footprint at the time...

Also...Clear Channel spun it off to Nexstar (under Mission) instead of it being one of the Newport cast-offs.

Interesting....a Media General package on a Nexstar station. That's good to see that some of the old things are still making their rounds.

Ironically, WUTR was a Media General station a long time ago (WAY back in 1997)...it was one of the Park stations and was quickly divested to Ackerley since it was WAY out of their footprint at the time...

Also...Clear Channel spun it off to Nexstar (under Mission) instead of it being one of the Newport cast-offs.

Now, it's your turn for WMBB (a station that Media General sold in 2008 and acquired by Nexstar in 2014) to get those graphics. That would make things more interesting and more ironic at the same time.

Not a big surprise!! Vince Conti was the Design Director at Media General and was inherited as the Designed Director at Nexstar. He's pushing these decisions.

You know it must be a Nexstar station when you promote the Super Bowl and Olympics ... in the news open! Lol

— Matt

Ah, another station, another iNergy. I'm curious to know what the ribbon in the weather center was displaying the Fox 16 branding rather than KARK.

That moment when WTAJ in Altoona/Johnstown/State College gets the new Nexstar gfx before tmz27 in Harrisburg!

Yes. I know the video ratio is messed up on this. Not my video. Lol

— Matt

These graphics are trash and half-assed I can no longer stand watching it. Message me when they decide to go to with the Next, star-studded package.

That moment when WTAJ in Altoona/Johnstown/State College gets the new Nexstar gfx before tmz27 in Harrisburg!

Yes. I know the video ratio is messed up on this. Not my video. Lol

— Matt

They'd look way better if the colors were changed to match the WTAJ logo. Too much going on with the shades of blue, gold & red.

Archived