New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I surfed Vimeo a few moments ago and found this... Tell me that the 17 News logo isn't real.

[MEDIA=vimeo]249000959[/MEDIA]

Yes, please make this happen, the name CBS North Carolina was a big mistake for Media General before Nexstar acquired it. There are like 6 CBS affiliated stations in NC. Hope the branding is not Local 17. They should add the orange triangle in the somewhere in the logo

Based on that Vimeo account, it looks like the new graphics that KTVX just launched are the new Nexstar ABC Graphics. What about the KOIN and WFLA graphics on the page? Are those now available to Nexstar stations?

I find that interesting those packages were rolled out prior to the merger. It seems like Nexstar is using the old LIN/MG team for their new graphics packages.

Also interesting on that account is that it looks like WKRN might use the CBS package, unless they were just using their logos for testing.

Also interesting on that account is that it looks like WKRN might use the CBS package, unless they were just using their logos for testing.

It was just for testing as I don't see them dumping their current package for a while.

I take it this Fox pack is also new?

[MEDIA=vimeo]249001390[/MEDIA]

There are also videos from the ABC package:

[MEDIA=vimeo]249000797[/MEDIA]

Now Nexstar seems to have packages for stations of all their affiliations.

I gotta say, the whole CBS package is cheapened by the choice of Lato as the typeface. Lato is a bit too ubiquitous on the web to work right now for a TV package.

I take it this Fox pack is also new?

[MEDIA=vimeo]249001390[/MEDIA]

There are also videos from the ABC package:

[MEDIA=vimeo]249000797[/MEDIA]

Now Nexstar seems to have packages for stations of all their affiliations.

I gotta say, the whole CBS package is cheapened by the choice of Lato as the typeface. Lato is a bit too ubiquitous on the web to work right now for a TV package.

Is it just me or is the FOX version just a half-assed rehash of the ABC version?

Well no sign that WJBF is planning any changes to their look, and it's painful to watch. The WFLA 2008 HD Giant Octopus package has morphed into something cheap and in-house in between reused elements from that package. WJBF has used these graphics in some capacity since 2008, using first the SD version and then getting the HD version in 2011. It really needs to go.

It's sad really. WJBF has the oldest graphics in the market vs. WRDW has the newest graphics in the market. WJBF has a newer set, WFXG has the newest set, and WRDW has the oldest set in the market.

Well no sign that WJBF is planning any changes to their look, and it's painful to watch. The WFLA 2007 HD Giant Octopus package has morphed into something cheap and in-house in between reused elements from that package. WJBF has used these graphics in some capacity since 2008, using first the SD version and then getting the HD version in 2011. It really needs to go.

It's sad really. WJBF has the oldest graphics in the market vs. WRDW has the newest graphics in the market. WJBF has a newer set, WFXG has the newest set, and WRDW has the oldest set in the market.

Fixed.

Of all the places to launch the new look, it has happened at WDHN in Dothan, Alabama...their long-suffering ABC affiliate that has been in glorious 4x3....until now.

Looks like they are using the graphics that recently debuted on KTVX. BIG improvement over what they used to have.

Of all the places to launch the new look, it has happened at WDHN in Dothan, Alabama...their long-suffering ABC affiliate that has been in glorious 4x3....until now.

They just need to add more newscasts and stronger community ties if they want to make a dent into WTVY's uber-dominance. I think Nexstar just ignored that market for the longest time since they were getting destroyed in ratings - they could have just as easily run the news out of a larger sister station.

Nexstar must have a contract with them. A lot of their other packages (WFLA/WCMH package, KTVX's new package, KFXK Nexstar Fox package) are done by them as well.

Them? No. Just one person. Rey Rodriguez. Remember Giant Octopus? Rey was one of the owners.

Archived