New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh... it'll be sickening to go home, turn on WAVY and hear Aerial or This is the Place or whatever overused Arnold package they pick. A custom theme with the Newswire signature would sure be nice, if at all possible.

On the other hand, the graphics would work. They already look a little like what WAVY already has. However, it would mean the end of 28(!) years of "waves" in the news opens.

I agree any new Arnold package I don't like. I'd take Signature, Counterpoint or even WWL (1st pack) over Aerial or This is The Place anyday. Newswire is by far at top of favorite news theme, not hearing it on WAVY/WVBT would be just truly a sad day in the Hampton Roads and in the news music fan world. Same goes for WOOD TV with Primetime News and also WKBN using Impact for 2nd time.

Ugh... it'll be sickening to go home, turn on WAVY and hear Aerial or This is the Place or whatever overused Arnold package they pick. A custom theme with the Newswire signature would sure be nice, if at all possible.

They would probably wind up switching to Inergy.

On the other hand, the graphics would work. They already look a little like what WAVY already has. However, it would mean the end of 28(!) years of "waves" in the news opens.

They would probably wind up switching to Inergy.

Guardian. And maybe even switch to this package:

I hope WKBN gets Guardian or CBS Local. Inergy would not go well with WKBN as it is right now.

Locals Only is my guess.

KOLR 10 and WROC 8 have debuted the Nexstar CBS graphics package. Different music to “match the market”.

WROC-TV, Rochester, has debuted a SLEEK new studio that has “that NexStar desk” BUT it is more customized with a few upgrades. Overall the set is much like a blend between KLAS-TV and KARK-TV.

Nexstar legacy stations are truly benefiting from the merger. Makes me happy.

KOLR appears to be using Overture while WROC is using some "retro" kind of music package I never heard before.

http://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/video/news-8-at-5-pm-part-1_20171025210005/844538552

Sounds like something that would've worked in the 70s/80s.

EDIT: Apparently, WROC isn't using a Stephen Arnold package, but one that was produced locally by a company called Jay Advertising.

KOLR appears to be using Overture while WROC is using some "retro" kind of music package I never heard before.

http://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/video/news-8-at-5-pm-part-1_20171025210005/844538552

EDIT: Apparently, WROC isn't using a Stephen Arnold package, but one that was produced locally by a company called Jay Advertising.

I wouldn't really call the WROC pack retro. It sounds good and it isn't the same old Stephen Arnold stuff.

Jay Advertising composed news music for WHEC back in the ‘70s.

KOLR 10 and WROC 8 have debuted the Nexstar CBS graphics package. Different music to “match the market”.

WROC-TV, Rochester, has debuted a SLEEK new studio that has “that NexStar desk” BUT it is more customized with a few upgrades. Overall the set is much like a blend between KLAS-TV and KARK-TV.

Nexstar legacy stations are truly benefiting from the merger. Makes me happy.

It seems like they are becoming less Nexstar and more Media General - maybe they should switch corporate names?

I think WROC made a good choice for its new theme to match the graphics. Speaking of the WROC/KOLR graphics, I was looking through the App Store on my iPhone and noticed WTAJ in Altoona may be the next station to get the new Nexstar CBS graphics. They, however, still have the current graphics at this moment.

Nextsar has begun to leave their mark in Central Ohio at WCMH. Friend of mine noticed new "Local" promos airing and new music. While watching the 11pm news tonight they flipped to "Guardian". No new graphics, using the same ones from 2016 that WFLA uses.

3073464648047403493.jpeg.e7a3e52360fc59d481a0e3a7d3bc80cc.jpeg

I think WROC made a good choice for its new theme to match the graphics. Speaking of the WROC/KOLR graphics, I was looking through the App Store on my iPhone and noticed WTAJ in Altoona may be the next station to get the new Nexstar CBS graphics. They, however, still have the current graphics at this moment.

Just watched their weather forecast online and even a story -- they are using the new graphics

http://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/police-search-for-suspect-in-deadly-shooting/844876752

And at this rate, I don't know if this thread should be re-named or a separate one made or what the decision should be...

WFRV in Green Bay also has the new graphics -- so yes the legacy Nexstar stations will most likely be adopting these graphics over the next few months I'm sure...

I think a title change is in order since it's become more of a general discussion about new graphics rollouts at different Nexstar stations rather than just focused on one.

IMHO, these graphics would look wonderful over at WKRG.

I am surprised with what WROC did..but maybe there is a little more leeway if WROC is getting a custom pack now

I think you might be missing an obvious factor. Research Jay Advertising. I am sure they have advertisers that needs a station to advertise on. This just brings WROC and the Advertising firm closer together.

Smart move on WROC part. Very smart.

Doesn’t have to be the best music. It’s all about the relationships in this business. But yet, the music isn’t bad.

I think you might be missing an obvious factor. Research Jay Advertising. I am sure they have advertisers that needs a station to advertise on. This just brings WROC and the Advertising firm closer together.

Smart move on WROC part. Very smart.

Doesn’t have to be the best music. It’s all about the relationships in this business. But yet, the music isn’t bad.

Listen to the morning version:

Archived