New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

i wonder if Nexstar has a paclage ready to go for its ABC affiliates. There's a certain station in Augusta that badly, and I mean BADLY, needs a new look.

And a certain station in Mobile that would look good with this package....and be better off going back to "Overture" than sticking to the godawful, dated, shoulda-never-been-commissioned, Media General package. I'm surprised that Nexstar hasn't rectified this by now.

Not as badly as a certain station in Lafayette, Louisiana.

Is this said station one with the "hurricane" logo? Even it got a slight refresh in recent years...I can't recall if it was Young or Media General who pulled the trigger.

After seeing this package, I feel a little better about the eventual "Nexstar-i-fication" that could take place. But most of their legacy stations need an upgrade over the MG ones...

I just dread the day the websites change to some StupidTooLongToRememberCrappyLocalWebsite.com......

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[MEDIA=vimeo]230835505[/MEDIA]

Another talent open was posted. This time, they're using the actual anchors.

[MEDIA=vimeo]230631778[/MEDIA]

Wonder who the actual sports anchor is. In all the ID's, they say Dan Lucy but in the actual open they have Megan Rice.

[MEDIA=vimeo]230835505[/MEDIA]

Another talent open was posted. This time, they're using the actual anchors.

[MEDIA=vimeo]230631778[/MEDIA]

Wonder who the actual sports anchor is. In all the ID's, they say Dan Lucy but in the actual open they have Megan Rice.

They're also using actual photos of Springfield in the backdrops too. This was long overdue. KOLR had that same package since they went to HD nearly 10 years ago.

Could be WJBF, they really need a new graphics package. Also the package could fit in with their updated weather gfx.

I think the Media General stations might get the graphics last. Also I believe the graphics are affiliate based.

Talent opens with still pictures are weird.

I agree. KOLR originally started out using stills in the talent open with their current package then later change it to actual video footage. Hopefully they'll do the same with this one too.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there might be a new FOX package too. Yesterday, WFXP in Erie debuted very, very nice new graphics. The opens were really cool, and they are 16:9. I think a music change could be imminent too because they used 3 different packages in the first 5 minutes. News Matrix (WJET's theme) for the open, Extreme (WFXP's music since 2010) for a Severe Weather stinger, tease, and reopen (?), and This is The Place for the First Forecast stinger. Umm, so yeah, they have some music issues to work out:rolleyes:!

Also on Friday, WJET (Erie) debuted new weather graphics but using their current graphics package (at least on the backgrounds). So I don't know if they are getting new music/graphics, but if they have This is The Place in their system, one of the stations will switch over to that soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don’t know if this may hint the new package coming to two more Nexstar stations, but on Southern Media’s NMSA, KSNW dropped The Tower V.5. by 615 for The Rock by Stephen Arnold, and WWLP ditched The Tower V.5 for Canvas by Stephen Arnold

In this case, it's just standard procedure if you are a Nexstar station to use a Stephen Arnold package for news music. You'll probably see more of the former Media General/LIN stations doing the same in the coming months.

In this case, it's just standard procedure if you are a Nexstar station to use a Stephen Arnold package for news music. You'll probably see more of the former Media General/LIN stations doing the same in the coming months.

Some of them I'm okay with dropping their 615 packages. I cannot stand 'A New WISH'.

I guess this "Nexstar package" thing is getting real. WFRV dropped new graphics yesterday.....

http://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/local-news/city-council-to-discuss-future-of-green-bay-shipyard/837839809

Their "Local 5 Live" program also had a little of a graphics refresh, with the Futura typeface (thankfully) replacing the Arial type.

http://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/video/integrated-pain-solutions-helped-monica-ride-horses-again_20171017143356/838152220

The new weather graphics debuted a few weeks back.[url=http://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/video/integrated-pain-solutions-helped-monica-ride-horses-again_20171017143356/838152220][/url]

I guess this "Nexstar package" thing is getting real. WFRV dropped new graphics yesterday.....

http://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/local-news/city-council-to-discuss-future-of-green-bay-shipyard/837839809

Their "Local 5 Live" program also had a little of a graphics refresh, with the Futura typeface (thankfully) replacing the Arial type.

http://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/video/integrated-pain-solutions-helped-monica-ride-horses-again_20171017143356/838152220

The new weather graphics debuted a few weeks back.

I know it's not graphics related, but all that yellow on the "Local 5 Live" is way too much... the desk and back wall are clashing majorly with everything else

Some of them I'm okay with dropping their 615 packages. I cannot stand 'A New WISH'.

Some of them I'm really not--in the case of WAVY/WVBT it would mean Newswire is effectively retired as a theme after 25 years in use (22 of those on WAVY!)

Some of them I'm really not--in the case of WAVY/WVBT it would mean Newswire is effectively retired as a theme after 25 years in use (22 of those on WAVY!)

And WOOD TV and Primetime News with 22 years of use. KELO switched to CBS Local after 20 years of Enforcer.

Ugh... it'll be sickening to go home, turn on WAVY and hear Aerial or This is the Place or whatever overused Arnold package they pick. A custom theme with the Newswire signature would sure be nice, if at all possible.

On the other hand, the graphics would work. They already look a little like what WAVY already has. However, it would mean the end of 28(!) years of "waves" in the news opens.

Archived