New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

On 4/29/2019 at 10:55 PM, WxNerd said:

At least this graphics package isn't around anymore! Hallelujah!

I would have to say this package did grow on me over time.  All the tablets and buttons seemed off-putting at first, but the way the fonts were treated, you knew this was a jcbD package.  (and it may have been the last one).

It did look a little better on WKRG, but the fact they kept the old music was off-putting, unlike WVTM who jumped on the "Canvas" bandwagon....

It was short lived as Media General wanted WIAT back in the LIN merger, and Hearst made their mark on WVTM, for the better.  This was a fancy shade of lipstick on a pig at the time when Media General plunged WVTM into 4th place and brought their market share to near-WBMG levels....

At least the ugliness on WIAT can't be blamed on Media General.  That happened under LIN and Nexstar put them back on the right track as CBS 42, and once again share the same package as WKRG.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if this was previously mentioned but WATN in Memphis has gotten the new ABC package. It won't last long though because TEGNA. WATE in Knoxville got the package awhile back as well.

That only leaves WKRN in Tennessee to make the switch. They're still using whatever WCMH/WFLA have or had.

On the WISH pack front, at some point WIVB in Buffalo dropped their longtime Renderon pack for that one, a blue version.

4 hours ago, KentBrockman said:

I don't know if this was previously mentioned but WATN in Memphis has gotten the new ABC package. It won't last long though because TEGNA. WATE in Knoxville got the package awhile back as well.

That only leaves WKRN in Tennessee to make the switch. They're still using whatever WCMH/WFLA have or had.

On the WISH pack front, at some point WIVB in Buffalo dropped their longtime Renderon pack for that one, a blue version.

WJET in Erie still doesn't have the package. Last I heard, they don't plan on getting a new look (which they could use). But that could've changed, of course. Sister station WFXP got the Nexstar FOX graphics in fall 2017.

• 3 months later...
On 8/27/2019 at 11:39 PM, news89 said:

Might as well bump this thread. WYTV has started to phase in the WISH/WHTM package with weather. 

https://www.wytv.com/weather/watch-rain-chances-fade-wednesday-return-later-this-week/

It seems the trend is that the weather graphics change well before the rest of the graphics due to the computers they come on.   Especially since sister station WKBN already upgraded theirs with the CBS look.

I'm curious to see what happens at the other former West Virginia Media stations.   WOWK got the CBS package while WTRF and WBOY still have the old look.  Since they both have ABC subchannels that simulcast their news, I could see them getting the WISH package since it's more affiliate-neutral.

Archived