New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cg41386 said:

Looks like WHTM’s new look debuts on Monday.

D41B1D40-A2A5-46CC-A5AF-7B985C8A499F.thumb.png.086abd08f7b7c28e35d14983ee8668e0.png

Actually it will debut SUNDAY NIGHT at 6P.  New weekend crew debuting that night.  I can’t wait to see it all in action.  Defiantly will be the best set in the SusquValley (sorry WGAL) ... you can better believe tho that WGAL is taking notes and hopefully a Studio B refresh will come sometime this year.  

— Matt

• 2 months later...

Now this is amazing! WMBD in Peoria has the blue and red CBS Nexstar graphics while WCIA in Champaign has the blue and dark orange CBS Nexstar graphics.

Also, Al Vanik is WCIA's new voice-over announcer according to a WCIA morning news open on the WCIA News YouTube channel. Plus, they are using CBS Local by Stephen Arnold Music.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 2:56 PM, tyrannical bastard said:

I have a feeling this could be WRBL's future package...  

Not only are they a CBS 3 as well, Auburn University is right near by.....

It is! The package debuted today! But the logo remains the same:

5 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

It is! The package debuted today! But the logo remains the same:

I figured it was only a matter of time.  The CBS and ABC variants seem to be the most adopted with the CBS versions having some color variety in them.

There's a few MG stations that still have the old look to them (WNCT, WBTW & WTEN) and WJHL tweaked the circle package that preceded the old CBS look....

And then there's WJBF....  Still sporting the original Media General package after all these years.....and we thought the JDK music was for an eternity....

15 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

I figured it was only a matter of time.  The CBS and ABC variants seem to be the most adopted with the CBS versions having some color variety in them.

There's a few MG stations that still have the old look to them (WNCT, WBTW & WTEN) and WJHL tweaked the circle package that preceded the old CBS look....

And then there's WJBF....  Still sporting the original Media General package after all these years.....and we thought the JDK music was for an eternity....

WLNS in Lansing also has the old MG package... I have a hunch that once WOOD gets its new studio (and possibly graphics) that WLNS will be next

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 2:40 PM, hmaxhanson said:

Here's WRBL using the new package, is it me or does the Media General-era logo seem really out of place with Nexstar graphics?

That's because that "Media General-era logo" has mutated into something rather hideous. That 3 with the CBS eye has been around since the crescent-era, then the crescent was removed but the 3 and a red-colored eye remained for years. Now, they've made the CBS eye larger, the same color as the 3, and off-set a little further away and it looks disjointed. 

On 5/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, KentBrockman said:

That's because that "Media General-era logo" has mutated into something rather hideous. That 3 with the CBS eye has been around since the crescent-era, then the crescent was removed but the 3 and a red-colored eye remained for years. Now, they've made the CBS eye larger, the same color as the 3, and off-set a little further away and it looks disjointed. 

Agreed. It's time to put that logo out to pasture. I anchored there when the crescent 3 debuted in 2006. Looked great then and was arguably my favorite graphic look for the station, with the old early 2000s WFLA graphics. But this new package certainly fits the station well. Sucks about the studio, though. It's TINY. And it shows on air. I visited a couple of years ago, the week before this new set debuted. There's barely any extra space in there.

Archived