New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

Nexstar has done some good and bad for WKBN/WYTV. On one hand, they've made the 7-9am part of "First News This Morning" live finally. On the other hand, they're delaying the inevitable of WKBN getting a "Dalek Desk" and the CBS package.

I thought the 7-9am block was live for years, ever since the jcbD look.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the 7-9am block was live for years, ever since the jcbD look.

It's been retaped a la WYTV's "Daybreak" on WYTV-DT2 until recently it seems. Seems that Nexstar is more interested in morning ad moola than the previous owners (Piedmont, New Vision, LIN, and Media General).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, susquvalleywgal said:

Sorry to bumb but looks like abc27 will soon have a new logo. 

— Matt

240F8634-4E56-4D92-885B-87F8D27A5A0A.png

Good gravy. They're going the WSPA/WNCN route in terms of logo design, and yet they're keeping the 27 about the same, but with a different typeface.

Just now, TennTV1983 said:

Good gravy. They're going the WSPA/WNCN route in terms of logo design, and yet they're keeping the 27 about the same, but with a different typeface.

And this logo kinda is for the CBS Nexstar Stations. How is going going to go for a ABC station?l 🤔🤔🤔🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

This is already one hot mess .

— Matt

7 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

And if Nexstar sells it for WPMT...that may change yet again...

Nexstar is pumping $3M into abc27 for their new studios and upgrade technology at the station. If they do that and sell the station it would make no sense at all.

— Matt

10 hours ago, susquvalleywgal said:

And this logo kinda is for the CBS Nexstar Stations. How is going going to go for a ABC station?l 🤔🤔🤔🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

— Matt

I wonder if they’re getting the Nexstar CBS package. They’re already getting the logo for it.

11 hours ago, susquvalleywgal said:

— Matt

But at the same time, it also bears a very slight resemblance to the current logos for WKRN and WATN.

On 12/6/2018 at 8:23 AM, Myron Falwell said:

But at the same time, it also bears a very slight resemblance to the current logos for WKRN and WATN.

Sorta. It's got more of the WSPA/WNCN look to it than WKRN and WATN which have been around longer.

Today was the annual unveiling of the abc27 Weather Almanac.  This is the 17th edition.  

Anyway, looks like the new logo that I meantion for ABC27 well ... it’s official.  Here is the video of it including time lapse of the outside building of the new studio.

https://www.facebook.com/84676880419/posts/10156752711375420/

— Matt

On 12/5/2018 at 10:14 PM, susquvalleywgal said:

— Matt

WISH tv’s logo is pretty much identical, and they’re an independent station. 

I doubt that WHTM will be using the CBS graphics. They’ll most likely use the ABC package, or if anything, use the WISHtv package that is also being used on ABC sister station WTNH. 

296BFDD7-57BA-48D3-9768-1D8DC29CE67B.png

39 minutes ago, HoosierNewsie said:

WISH tv’s logo is pretty much identical, and they’re a CW station. 

I doubt that WHTM will be using the CBS graphics. They’ll most likely use the ABC package, or if anything, use the WISHtv package that is also being used on ABC sister station WTNH. 

296BFDD7-57BA-48D3-9768-1D8DC29CE67B.png

Fixed!

On 12/11/2018 at 8:48 PM, susquvalleywgal said:

Today was the annual unveiling of the abc27 Weather Almanac.  This is the 17th edition.  

Anyway, looks like the new logo that I meantion for ABC27 well ... it’s official.  Here is the video of it including time lapse of the outside building of the new studio.

— Matt

New opens?

— Matt

Whenever I come to the Susquehanna Valley to see family, I always remembered the unique 27 in WHTM’s logo, but now with the new logo coming, I will remember WHTM by it having the same layout as WNCN. Hope the branding is still ABC27 when the new logo debuts. 

1 hour ago, TheMassMediaGeek said:

Whenever I come to the Susquehanna Valley to see family, I always remembered the unique 27 in WHTM’s logo, but now with the new logo coming, I will remember WHTM by it having the same layout as WNCN. Hope the branding is still ABC27 when the new logo debuts. 

Time will tell.  The webcam of the new studio building has been off now about 2 weeks so they must be in high gear with the new studio.

I really do wish tho they would return to WHTM NewsCenter branding.  But that’s me.

— Matt

• 2 weeks later...

— Matt

12 hours ago, anim8tv said:

@susquvalleywgal This looks like it's probably the new news logo for WHTM. 

Ain’t no “probably” about it. 

Archived