New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
https://www.localmemphis.com/video/murder-retrial-in-chambers-case-jeane-7am_20180924123958/1470801632

the new graphics (full screen, L3) are the same the ones used by KTVX but they look bad with the nexstar ticker.

Boy was this not thought through! Font mismatches + a STILL 4:3 safe bug = BAD EXECUCTION!

Boy was this not thought through! Font mismatches + a STILL 4:3 safe bug = BAD EXECUCTION!

They switched to the proper bug and ticker this evening. However, they are still using the old graphics for Breaking News at the moment, along with U-Phonix.

EDIT: WATN is using This Is The Place for music now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KXAN has started using a severe weather map/ticker graphic that looks like it might be the from the Nexstar NBC package. Nothing else has changed so far, but I’m assuming that it’s a sign of things to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that more and more ex-MG stations are switching over to the Nexstar graphics (and sets).... I'm kinda curious if any others are up in the near future?? I'm thinking WOOD, KRON, WTNH and WAVY as some examples...

I do know that WOOD's set is holding up fairly well for 6 years... And they just did another in-house graphics overhaul not too long ago...

Kinda curious to find out how WPRI/WNAC will handle these graphics when they get them, or rather If they get them.

615's Newsforce might have some life left on top of that. that package has been at the station for almost 15 years.

KRQE got the new look
But you will find a special bumper cut that they are still using on evenings (around 8:47 on the video..they are still using This is Your News as a main bumper cut)

Wow I didn't notice that last night when I watched. That is very cool I like Tiyn.

Is there any reason why they're using the "CBS Eye" transition in the graphic, when that show is aired on Fox?

I asked the same question when I seen that. They were having issues this morning with dead air when going into commercial break.

Simple answer ... cuz it’s Youngstown. That’s all.

— Matt

Haha that is true. It is one very unique TV and radio market having lived in the DMA for most of my life. Alot of heritage in all 3 TV stations and most of the radio stations. But now I am in market 19, yes sadly I knowledge where I live in DMA ranking any placed I've lived. Lol.

Youngstown is one of those "the more things change....the more they remain the same" places.

Even with the absorption of WYTV into WKBN, there is still some longevity. Rich Morgan is still at WKBN as the lone holdover from the prior era, and Stan Boney / Gerry Ricciutti have gone from being longtime WYTVers to senior WKBN staff.

Meanwhile, over at WYTV, they still have Len Rome and Jim Loboy.

Unfortunately, the "virtual set" may be around for awhile longer, despite the change in ownernship. It's the classic case of the new owners milking the old look to make something new out of it.

Youngstown is one of those "the more things change....the more they remain the same" places.

Even with the absorption of WYTV into WKBN, there is still some longevity. Rich Morgan is still at WKBN as the lone holdover from the prior era, and Stan Boney / Gerry Ricciutti have gone from being longtime WYTVers to senior WKBN staff.

Meanwhile, over at WYTV, they still have Len Rome and Jim Loboy.

Unfortunately, the "virtual set" may be around for awhile longer, despite the change in ownernship. It's the classic case of the new owners milking the old look to make something new out of it.

In touch with you oh wait wrong station. Anyways, that is true about Ytown tv. Now back to regular scheduled Nexstar graphics thread. Lol

In touch with you oh wait wrong station. Anyways, that is true about Ytown tv. Now back to regular scheduled Nexstar graphics thread. Lol

It's like Nexstar is kicking the can when it comes to fully Nexstar-izing WKBN and WYTV. With the new management, they're content in further mutilating the old look just to put their mark on things.

It's a shame the JCB package only lasted as long as it did, and "status quo" that the prior FirstNews look lasted 12 years. (and IMHO, WFMJ's last logo was a travesty for how long it lasted...but whatever works over there!)

Maybe Nexstar will bless Youngstown with the current ABC and CBS looks for WKBN and WYTV. It would be an improvement.

But after seeing what down in ABQ, that's a major downgrade. Not only did the CBS seemed tacked on the logo, the CBS look looks cheap compared to some of the GO graphics they had before they went HD.

Nexstar has done some good and bad for WKBN/WYTV. On one hand, they've made the 7-9am part of "First News This Morning" live finally. On the other hand, they're delaying the inevitable of WKBN getting a "Dalek Desk" and the CBS package.

Nexstar has done some good and bad for WKBN/WYTV. On one hand, they've made the 7-9am part of "First News This Morning" live finally. On the other hand, they're delaying the inevitable of WKBN getting a "Dalek Desk" and the CBS package.

I actually like the CBS package, so I'd love if they can get rid of the graphics and/or set they have now for something better. Anything can be better than what they have now, IMO...

Archived