New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

that open eerily reminds me of the time KOVR used that cut of Extreme for only 1 year during KOVR transitioning from Sinclair to CBS O&O. as for WOWK, that is way better than Before.

Live in action. Mind you Jack Kane is an legend in the Huntington-Charleston market.

Jack Kane and the Spencer Adkins are the only 2 on air people left from the 90s era at WOWK.

Timelapse former set debuted in the fall of 2004

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Live in action. Mind you Jack Kane is an legend in the Huntington-Charleston market.

Jack Kane and the Spencer Adkins are the only 2 on air people left from the 90s era at WOWK.

I agree. that is some of their best talent.

Now if WSAZ would get new sets.

Now WSAZ has the oldest set in the market installed in 2006 going on 12 years. But that debate is for another time. I'll be the market this month I'll capture WOWK video and I will avoid Sinclair8&11.

Nexstar is on a roll....

Next up....WMBB gets the ABC package (same one WDHN is using!)

WKRG recently started a Sunday night sports show with this tweaked logo....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiIoClnKFmhdexIrp2AuOPHtqO1MK88CGc8zJurVf8Aq-oXn7ISA

I hope they don't plan on using the blue unless it's ONLY on a light backdrop...

I seriously doubt they'll use the dark blue version of the 5 logo on their main graphics once the new ones roll out.

Only a matter of time before the jcbD package is retired at this point.

More WIAT stuff...

We have a new CBS 42 logo!

cbs-wiat.png

But's that's where the rebrand ends...for now.

They're still using the WIAT CBS 42 logo and whatever their current look has (d)evolved into.

There are hints that they could be going all-in to the new CBS package...

CBS%2042%20on%20Amazon%20Alexa%20750%20width_1522780345887.png_39016573_ver1.0.jpg

What are they waiting for....as an old super once said....the old look needs to be "killed to death"!!!!

More WIAT stuff...

We have a new CBS 42 logo!

cbs-wiat.png

But's that's where the rebrand ends...for now.

They're still using the WIAT CBS 42 logo and whatever their current look has (d)evolved into.

There are hints that they could be going all-in to the new CBS package...

CBS%2042%20on%20Amazon%20Alexa%20750%20width_1522780345887.png_39016573_ver1.0.jpg

What are they waiting for....as an old super once said....the old look needs to be "killed to death"!!!!

The old look had: WIAT 42 News, WIAT CBS 42 News and finally CBS 42 News.

WBMA? Never changed their newscast name.

WVTM? Alabama's 13 News to WVTM 13 News

WBRC? FOX 6 News to WBRC FOX 6 News

In other words, WIAT likes changing their newscast names. That's why their news operation/product is no good.

CAN THEY PLEASE DROP THE "CBS"?! Seriously, just have the eye and the 42.

It’s a “sort of” knockoff of WNCN’s old logo from their affiliation shuffle in 2016, which is why they have the “CBS”.

I believe this is the first post-LIN Media station to change to Nexstar graphics, right?

WKRG may be getting a new logo soon (and possibly the new Nexstar CBS package...)

House-Rule-Website-Slider.jpg

It may be just a general rebrand since the station has been known mostly as "News 5" or "WKRG News 5" for almost 15 years. This looks much better than the example I shared previously with their Sports Sunday logo.

Also, they've gone back to the future with their CW logo. It's in the same style as it was before LIN rebranded WBPG as "WFNA". This was back when WFNA was a sister station of WALA before Media General "kept" WFNA and spun off WALA to Meredith.

Was able to capture video of WOWK with Nexstar graphics and set. Exteme was a very poor choice for music for WOWK. Also the talent rejoin

Also the weather camera at night isn't something I would choose for monitor screen.

Now to the video.

Was able to capture video of WOWK with Nexstar graphics and set. Exteme was a very poor choice for music for WOWK. Also the talent rejoin

Also the weather camera at night isn't something I would choose for monitor screen.

Now to the video.

I really wish these stations would use the weather cut of music for the forecast first open instead of the main theme. It sounds so cluttered using the main theme for the weather and the open.

I REALLY hope a music change is in the cards for WKRG. They desperately need it.

ANYTHING but the old Media General package....I'll take anything, even if I have to suffer through something like "This is the Place" or even rehashing "Overture"....

Maybe a new voiceover guy is in the works too. It's like they kept all of the old Jay Gardner stuff but have a new guy doing more recent stuff (all the way back to 2016 or so)...

Can anyone identify?

I really wish these stations would use the weather cut of music for the forecast first open instead of the main theme. It sounds so cluttered using the main theme for the weather and the open.

I agree it sounds tacky when they use incorrect music cut.

Jeff Bordner. He’s mostly heard on the news/talk radio stations (including WDBO for a time).

Based on his SouthernMedia samples....his delivery is a little deeper for his other TV clients. The only one that sounds close is one of the KSL samples.

It so happens he is the voice of our FM talk station! FMTalk 106.5 WAVH.

http://www.fmtalk1065.com/

Archived