New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, but it looks like KRON 4 got a new bottom ticker. Looks good.

OLD

[ATTACH=full]5631[/ATTACH]

NEW[ATTACH=full]5632[/ATTACH]

They also got slightly updated news opens

new

old

notice that Nexstar added the word "local" to Kron's longtime slogan.

Haven't seen this posted anywhere, but if it is I do apologize...

NewscastStudio posted a story of WIAT's weather promo... Another hint of a logo change of sorts and possible re-brand of the weather...

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2018/03/15/cbs-42-weather-promo/

Makes you wonder when they will do a full re-vamp of sorts to the newscast as a whole...

NewscastStudio posted a story of WIAT's weather promo... Another hint of a logo change of sorts and possible re-brand of the weather...

Makes you wonder when they will do a full re-vamp of sorts to the newscast as a whole...

They have to revamp. They’re getting shellacked by a resurgent WVTM, an always-dominant WBRC, and “we still have James Spann” ABC 33/40.

They have to revamp. They’re getting shellacked by a resurgent WVTM, an always-dominant WBRC, and “we still have James Spann” ABC 33/40.

At the very least they won't cancel their local newscasts... (Hard to believe 42 Daily News was launched 20 years ago last month!)

I'm not the one to say "cut and paste"...but take the WNCN look and replicate it on WIAT.

They need it since they decided to mess up their O&O esque CBS 42 brand with their WIAT 42 NEWS CBS mess.

The irony being that whoever Media General has owned in the market at the time, was in the tanker. WVTM suffered greatly and Hearst brought it back into the game big-time by simply going back to the basics.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, but it looks like KRON 4 got a new bottom ticker. Looks good.

I've also heard a few promos that were very clearly using Stephen Arnold's Aerial package, so perhaps Instant Classics will (thankfully) soon be put out of its misery.

Take note their current brand is “WIAT Storm Track” and that promo calls them the “CBS 42 Storm Team”. A rebrand is coming.

I've also heard a few promos that were very clearly using Stephen Arnold's Aerial package, so perhaps Instant Classics will (thankfully) soon be put out of its misery.

Ewww... Not Aerial. KRON Instant Classics is just that, classic. It's also arguably one of the only 1990s-era news music packages that still works today, and isn't terribly dated like the clearly 1980s Chroma Cues is for WJZ.

If they replace that package with Aerial, it will be a sad day, much like when WSOC dropped Bold Branding News for Gari's Image News or when KTVU dropped their eponymous package for Icon.

No graphical evidence yet...

But WKRG reporters are tagging themselves as "LOCAL Coverage You Can Count On"

Some new graphics would be nice and ANYTHING would be better than that godawful JDK music that has lasted entirely too long. Nexstar sure is taking their time getting rid of it.

The last time I was in the Mobile area, I noticed WKRG has started doing the Forecast First at the beginning of their newscasts (which is another common thing you see on most legacy Nexstar stations).

That would be a shame if they dropped that music. It feels very fitting with KRON's news product of the last 15 years. I just couldn't imagine the Pam Moore Show Starring Pam Moore without those saccharine synths

WNCN's graphical interpretation's all right, but does anyone else find the WNCN logo to be a knockoff of WSPA's?

Oh... there’s tons if you check the thread based on WNCN’s revamp.

In fact, I even speculated Nexstar will roll this logo out to its other Carolinas stations, WSPA, WNCT and WBTW.

• 2 weeks later...
WOWK has gone Nexstar. They finally got rid of the 2003 set that started in Huntington then moved to Charleston in 2012. Overall this is a major upgrade for WOWK.

http://www.wowktv.com/weather/crazy-weather-snow-to-70s-and-our-new-look-stormtracker-13-sunday-night-forecast_20180402033009/1092519187

that open eerily reminds me of the time KOVR used that cut of Extreme for only 1 year during KOVR transitioning from Sinclair to CBS O&O. as for WOWK, that is way better than Before.

Archived