New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if WANE will be rebranding soon. They got a new "Alexa Skill" and it's called the "WANE 15 NEWS" skill instead of "NewsChannel 15."

I've been similarly curious about KSN. More promos have been featuring the use of "KSN News 3" in the past couple of weeks rather than the current "KSN News" branding. It's been expanding into other parts of the newscast as well, including the v/o for the bump out of the first segment for newscasts. It's adoption hasn't reached to each reporter's tag out of their packages though.

KSAN picked up iNERGY.

Whoops, I guess I misheard it.

I wonder if WANE will be rebranding soon. They got a new "Alexa Skill" and it's called the "WANE 15 NEWS" skill instead of "NewsChannel 15."

Are they still using Kris Erik Stevens and the graphics? Or are they on their way to transitioning to the CBS package?

It looks like both stations picked up new looks that debuted around February 1st. KLST picked up the CBS graphics while KSAN got the NBC look.

I haven't been able to find much in terms of the set design from the station(s) website, but a few videos from KSAN's chief met on facebook as well as the station's own facebook page show that the new set looks like a mish-mash of some of the sets that Nexstar has rolled out in the past few years. No dalek-desk, but some familiar elements.

KLST's set saw the removal of the wall of monitors in favor of a more contemporary solution - c/o David Wagner's twitter

[MEDIA=twitter]961318241137197056[/MEDIA]

Musicwise, it sounds like KSAN has retained Aerial. Not sure about KLST and Counterpoint though.

KSAN is using iNergy

• 3 weeks later...
WNCN is now using that logo, rebranded as CBS17 News with the Nexstar CBS graphics, using the new nexstar website layout with CBS17.com as the domain, and showed off a new set.

And new music as well. They dropped Canvas for CBS Local.

I swear, they literally just added a one to the WSPA logo. Very lazy execution considering everything else they have done actually has been done well.

57B116F7-D581-4341-8891-3A0C89C97A2E.jpeg.fe6032a77caccb6b7110bb1a869dfc87.jpeg

It can’t be the same logo as WSPA, the CBS eye is attached to WNCN’s 7, while the eye is detached from WSPA’s 7.

EDIT: It is an exact same copy of WSPA’s logo, or an exact copy of WSPA altogether. Both use CBS local as music and have same logos.

223824EE-F7FB-4BC1-8822-F08453C9222B.png.540c95a830cb6180a750ee172310c1db.png

[ATTACH=full]5616[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5617[/ATTACH]

It can’t be the same logo as WSPA, the CBS eye is attached to WNCN’s 7, while the eye is detached from WSPA’s 7.

And the word NEWS is in a different font.

[ATTACH=full]5616[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5617[/ATTACH]

You're getting awfully nitpicky -- "generically" speaking, it's an exact copy, minus the CBS eye logo placement and the font of the word "news"...

You're getting awfully nitpicky -- "generically" speaking, it's an exact copy, minus the CBS eye logo placement and the font of the word "news"...

I get that, I always knew that WSPA’s logo was copied into WNCN’s logo all along, but the CBS eye placement makes WNCN’s logo a tiny bit different. Thanks for the opinion MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie! :)

Whether you like the CBS17 execution or not, the CBS North Carolina brand was unwieldy, sterile and needed to go. It never made sense for a market that doesn't cover the majority of the state (e.g. an NBC Connecticut or NBC North Dakota) situation.

Well, they planned to put emphasis on news from across the state (hence the name "North Carolina News").

Archived