New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

I'm not optimistic... I'd expect all the former MG stations to adopt mandated packages at some point.

WAVY's look is coming up on 5 years old, so I'd expect them to get something new. Would love to see a new commissioned package for stations like WAVY, WOOD, and WISH who have never really stressed their affiliation (not really pertinent to WISH the past few years of course).

I agree... Although I'm not holding my breath for WOOD, as they just recently refreshed their graphics package... WAVY is long overdue for something better than what they have now... We can WISH for WISH to do something better, but like their sister KRON, I don't think they'll get much more of anything than they already have... Sad to see WISH go from Cinderella to the ugly stepsister...

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not optimistic... I'd expect all the former MG stations to adopt mandated packages at some point.

WAVY's look is coming up on 5 years old, so I'd expect them to get something new. Would love to see a new commissioned package for stations like WAVY, WOOD, and WISH who have never really stressed their affiliation (not really pertinent to WISH the past few years of course).

I think at least WOOD and WISH will end up getting the WFLA/WCMH look. As for WAVY... they'll find a way to keep the water theme going for them.

I think at least WOOD and WISH will end up getting the WFLA/WCMH look. As for WAVY... they'll find a way to keep the water theme going for them.

Wish isn’t getting anything anytime soon. Their package is 2 years old, and looks great.

• 2 weeks later...

Hm... I wonder where they took and altered the 5 from...

It's a Helvetica 5, practically the most ubiquitous and unobtrusive typeface out there. I don't think you can call it stealing when the font is pre-installed on every Mac. Unoriginal, if anything.

I can confirm KSAN will get a new set. I haven’t been told about new graphics. KLST will get the KOLR graphics and a refreshed set.

It looks like both stations picked up new looks that debuted around February 1st. KLST picked up the CBS graphics while KSAN got the NBC look.

I haven't been able to find much in terms of the set design from the station(s) website, but a few videos from KSAN's chief met on facebook as well as the station's own facebook page show that the new set looks like a mish-mash of some of the sets that Nexstar has rolled out in the past few years. No dalek-desk, but some familiar elements.

KLST's set saw the removal of the wall of monitors in favor of a more contemporary solution - c/o David Wagner's twitter

[MEDIA=twitter]961318241137197056[/MEDIA]

Musicwise, it sounds like KSAN has retained Aerial. Not sure about KLST and Counterpoint though.

Archived