New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

There is some hate going around on this thread about the graphics packages. All I have to say is that I love their approach. Instead of forcing a package down for the entire group (sinclair, Raycom, Tegna) atleast they spent money and resources to develop affiliate packages.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like WJBF could be getting something new after all just in time for Masters Week. Also, they will be one of the last former MG stations to drop the gold arch from their logo.

This was a logo used for a Facebook promo graphic for a concert happening the week of the Masters (first week in April). Same logo as they've always had, but notice the missing arch.

FB_IMG_1517924704850.jpg.17a474cd6ccf377f672d52846c554922.jpg

Also, they still have yet to update to the new Nexstar web platform.

Might take some time but we should be seeing some changes by April.

WSYR in Syracuse became the next station to receive Nexstar's "Graphics and Set in a Can" last week.

Yeah, the look might be standardized, but it looks AWESOME! It's a much better improvement than what they had before. LOVE THAT SET!

Looks like WJBF could be getting something new after all just in time for Masters Week. Also, they will be one of the last former MG stations to drop the gold arch from their logo.

This was a logo used for a Facebook promo graphic for a concert happening the week of the Masters (first week in April). Same logo as they've always had, but notice the missing arch.

[ATTACH=full]5398[/ATTACH]

Also, they still have yet to update to the new Nexstar web platform.

Might take some time but we should be seeing some changes by April.

That would leave WMBB as the sole crescent station....a logo that has remained virtually unchanged since the Media General days and through Hoak and it's spinoff to Nexstar, as well as their reunion with their former sister stations.

Looks like they're going back to the "CBS42" branding.

Well... It's About Time!

That would leave WMBB as the sole crescent station....a logo that has remained virtually unchanged since the Media General days and through Hoak and it's spinoff to Nexstar, as well as their reunion with their former sister stations.

Not necessarily, WBTW still uses the crescent. WKRG still uses the "golden ring" variant of the crescent. Also, KWCH (now a Gray station) is using a red version of the crescent.

Well... It's About Time!

Aha I see what you did there. ;)

This is gross. I prefer their red package.

Looks like they've already started trying to put some new elements in that don't match the rest of the graphics. The open and lower 3rds remain but everything else is this new look. They're also using Connection by 360 now instead of Impact.

Looks like WBRE/WYOU in Scranton, PA might get the new graphics soon, according to the new bottom ticker.

[ATTACH=full]5440[/ATTACH]

WOI has been using the same ticker for some time now. Nothing new and/or exciting has followed.

Looks like WBRE/WYOU in Scranton, PA might get the new graphics soon, according to the new bottom ticker.

[ATTACH=full]5440[/ATTACH]

WAWV/WTWO has used that ticker for about a month. They just went HD and got new graphics around a year ago

Looks like they've already started trying to put some new elements in that don't match the rest of the graphics. The open and lower 3rds remain but everything else is this new look. They're also using Connection by 360 now instead of Impact.

God, I hope WKBN doesn't get butchered this bad. They use the same color scheme as the KOLR package, but still...

Seeing that some of the MG stations are getting these packages makes me wonder...

What about stations that do in-house graphics ("carte blanche" so to speak) like WOOD & WISH... Wonder if they will still get free range or will be forced to take over a mandated package over time...

Seeing that some of the MG stations are getting these packages makes me wonder...

What about stations that do in-house graphics ("carte blanche" so to speak) like WOOD & WISH... Wonder if they will still get free range or will be forced to take over a mandated package over time...

I hope WISH gets to keep their graphic and music package because its looks good, IMO...

I'm not optimistic... I'd expect all the former MG stations to adopt mandated packages at some point.

WAVY's look is coming up on 5 years old, so I'd expect them to get something new. Would love to see a new commissioned package for stations like WAVY, WOOD, and WISH who have never really stressed their affiliation (not really pertinent to WISH the past few years of course).

Archived