New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Idk, I’m feeling more “HBO Sports/Real Sports” than “HBO in Space” with this one.

Ferdinand J. Smith did that one too, so the resemblance isn't surprising.

I love the music. Very distinctive and dramatic.

WJMN (CBS Upper Peninsula of MI) now has the new graphics -- looks very nice for a very small DMA

Wow, a semi satellite of WFRV got the new graphics BEFORE WFRV got them! I’m surprised by that. Usually the main station gets new graphics first, then the satellite/semi-satellite stations get it.

Wow, a semi satellite of WFRV got the new graphics BEFORE WFRV got them! I’m surprised by that. Usually the main station gets new graphics first, then the satellite/semi-satellite stations get it.

Actually, WFRV did debut new graphics right before WJMN did:

https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?threads/wfrv-debuts-new-weather-graphics.16315/#post-192947

Ferdinand J. Smith did that one too, so the resemblance isn't surprising.

I love the music. Very distinctive and dramatic.

This is probably one of their most recognizable themes, if you follow the sport of course.

Nonetheless, fantastic refresh for WROC. And Nexstar didn't blow it for once.

This is probably one of their most recognizable themes, if you follow the sport of course.

Nonetheless, fantastic refresh for WROC. And Nexstar didn't blow it for once.

Man, that theme and the one that came after it made you feel like you were about to watch something big.

Not a rare kuddos for Nexstar. Can we all just admit that since the merger of MG and Nexstar that the newly formed company has really stepped it up?!

In terms of on-air appearance, Nexstar might as well be called Media General right now. At least on the graphics side, it seems the latter company has taken hold.

I think some ex-MG stations that did not see a quick graphics change pre-acquisition and are still using older packages may also be due for this package.

Rey Rodriguez (former co-founder of Giant Octopus and later the solo firm known as "LINear Drift") is part of the new Nexstar design hub in Nashville, so it's no surprise the graphics are decent. That same Vimeo account that's posting KOLR clips also had a pitch/interview reel with the artists in Nashville.

In terms of on-air appearance, Nexstar might as well be called Media General right now. At least on the graphics side, it seems the latter company has taken hold.

I think some ex-MG stations that did not see a quick graphics change pre-acquisition and are still using older packages may also be due for this package.

They don't treat employees as well as they do graphics packages. They took away all the work cell phones/station credit cards and it's not like they have shed their reputation for scrimping on pay...

Rey Rodriguez (former co-founder of Giant Octopus and later the solo firm known as "LINear Drift") is part of the new Nexstar design hub in Nashville, so it's no surprise the graphics are decent. That same Vimeo account that's posting KOLR clips also had a pitch/interview reel with the artists in Nashville.

Which makes plenty of sense and explains the more polished looks being pumped out as of late. Now if only someone could identify the person in charge of doing set designs and builds for Nexstar.

• 2 weeks later...
So I think we can also safely say that all the Nexstar NBC legacy stations will be getting the same graphics as KARK did... Proof?? KETK celebrates their 30 years on tv with a new set and the same graphics as KARK has... Set looks very similar to KARK's as well

KETK debuted their new look weeks before KARK did, so they were first to do so and not the other way around.

• 1 month later...
I surfed Vimeo a few moments ago and found this... Tell me that the 17 News logo isn't real.

[MEDIA=vimeo]249000959[/MEDIA]

I like the logo. Eerily familiar compared to its original NBC17 logo though.

Guess "North Carolina News" didn't catch on.

I surfed Vimeo a few moments ago and found this... Tell me that the 17 News logo isn't real.

[MEDIA=vimeo]249000959[/MEDIA]

Based on that Vimeo account, it looks like the new graphics that KTVX just launched are the new Nexstar ABC Graphics. What about the KOIN and WFLA graphics on the page? Are those now available to Nexstar stations?

Archived