New KOLR Graphics / Possible New Nexstar Package?

Weeters

Found this on the Nexstar Broadcasting account on Vimeo.

[MEDIA=vimeo]230073701[/MEDIA]

It's kinda sad... This looks like a mashup knockoff of the last and current CBS O&O packages but it actually looks... better. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

Screenshots for when it gets taken down :rolleyes:

[GALLERY=media, 1025]KOLR / Nexstar Leak 1 by Weeters posted Aug 18, 2017 at 6:26 AM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 1024]KOLR / Nexstar Leak 2 by Weeters posted Aug 18, 2017 at 6:26 AM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 1023]KOLR / Nexstar Leak 3 by Weeters posted Aug 18, 2017 at 6:26 AM[/GALLERY]

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not the only good knockoff package that Nexstar has commissioned, and with the same base font (if anyone knows what the name of the typeface is, ID it here). Exhibit A: The package that KWKT debuted when it launched its news department in July.

From Video Thread (2008-present):

Their graphics package looks almost like an updated version of the graphics Tribune developed for its pre-Local TV-purchase Fox affiliates.

Well KARK debuted a new graphics package. It doesn't have the circular motif but I think has an effect like feathers of the peacock (not sure). But they finally dumped the limited KXAS spectrum look (can't think of its official code name).

That's a pretty good intro. My only prevalent issue I have is the abrupt camera zoom outs :02 and :12 seconds in. I'm aware it was intended to suggest immediacy yet it creates a weird contrast to its grandeur appearance.

Well KARK debuted a new graphics package. It doesn't have the circular motif but I think has an effect like feathers of the peacock (not sure). But they finally dumped the limited KXAS spectrum look (can't think of its official code name).

Look G -

that was unfortunately

It was a good package and wasn't it launched near the failed NBC "More Colorful" campaign?

The original and widely successful More Colourful era premiered back in late 2009. A corresponding More Colourful-esque news package premiered in August 2010 on KNSD.

It was months after NBC's god-awful logo redesign in Sept 2011 when Look G was first unveiled in early 2012. Look G shared indirect similarities with More Colourful, however they are two distinct packages.

The original and widely successful More Colourful era premiered back in late 2009. A corresponding More Colourful-esque news package premiered in August 2010 on KNSD.

It was months after NBC's god-awful logo redesign in Sept 2011 when Look G was first unveiled in early 2012. Look G shared indirect similarities with More Colourful, however they are two distinct packages.

Failed would be the wrong word. I should say was short lived.

So the blocky package KNSD got was supposed to be more colorful? I would have thought the Look G would correspond with it.

i wonder if Nexstar has a paclage ready to go for its ABC affiliates. There's a certain station in Augusta that badly, and I mean BADLY, needs a new look.

Not as badly as a certain station in Lafayette, Louisiana.

Nice to see KOLR get a new graphics package, I'll have to check it out, next time I visit Branson on vacation.

However I tend to watch KY3 more than I do KOLR10 but when I heard that KY3 dumped Shelly Palmer's Millenium 3 few years back I was shocked that KY3 would do that

I'm just gonna say it:

Someone please take overture out behind the barn and give it the Ol' Yeller treatment.

WDJT recently picked it up and now KOLR (Which is ironically dropping another old SAM package.)

It just doesn't fit.

Don't get me wrong, I love most if not all of Stephen Arnold's packages, but it's nice to hear something different rather than the same overused cuts from CBS Local, Extreme, iNergy or Aerial. Yes, Overture is dated, but sounds A LOT better than Signature or Counterpoint.

Maybe KOLR is going to use Overture, maybe not. They'll certainly need to make other changes to the open. It's been awhile since I've lived in the market, but unless all of the talent has undergone major cosmetic surgery and/or sex reassignment surgery, none of the pictures used match up with the names in the graphics or voice over.

Maybe KOLR is going to use Overture, maybe not. They'll certainly need to make other changes to the open. It's been awhile since I've lived in the market, but unless all of the talent has undergone major cosmetic surgery and/or sex reassignment surgery, none of the pictures used match up with the names in the graphics or voice over.

Skyline behind them is Nashville.

Still images were borrowed from WKRN, another Nexstar-owned station.

Don't get me wrong, I love most if not all of Stephen Arnold's packages, but it's nice to hear something different rather than the same overused cuts from CBS Local, Extreme, iNergy or Aerial. Yes, Overture is dated, but sounds A LOT better than Signature or Counterpoint.

I'd rather hear Signature any day over some of SAM's new packages especially Aerial. But that is my two cents. Now back to your regular scheduled programming that is already in progress.

I didn't even make it that far. It's definitely not Springfield, is it?

Not sure about the rest, but the male anchor in this open is definitely Eric Egan from WKRN, the Nexstar station in Nashville ...

Archived