Lori Stokes leaves WABC.

CircleSeven

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are each entitled to our own opinions...but how could you not be a fan of Lori Stokes? She had such a warm, relatable and charismatic delivery. She makes a great team with everyone she works with.

Was not a fan of her delivery. I though she had trouble reading many words. Different strokes for different folks. Wish her well though and I also

wonder what's next in the cards for her.

Was not a fan of her delivery. I though she had trouble reading many words. Different Stokes for different folks. Wish her well though and I also

wonder what's next in the cards for her.

Fixed that for ya.

I think Lori is prob going to take over for Greg and co-host with Rosanna. Maybe Greg gets an evening slot again. What happens from there? Does Greg end up back in morning and Lori end up not lasting long? If that's the case Lori better hope that Eyewitness News this morning has low ratings so they want her back. Otherwise she might end up as a hasbeen. QUOTE="nynewslover, post: 187363, member: 1506"]For Loris sake I hope not. There would be too much backlash. People love Greg and Rosanna

For Loris sake I hope not. There would be too much backlash. People love Greg and Rosanna

Thats essentially whats gonna happen. Someone posted on Facebook that Greg will co-anchor at 10 pm with Dari while Steve looses the 10 pm. New lineup should look something like this:

Good Day Wake Up: Suki & Jennifer Lahmers

Good Day New York: Lori Stokes & Rosanna Scotto

5: Dari & Steve

6: Ernie solo

10: Dari & Greg.

I presume then Lori was not happy with WABC and that was the basis for her departure. Only having Greg do 10 pm seems kind of stupid especially since that already failed. Part of me thinks Ernie won't be there much longer and Greg is going to take over for him at 6pm soon.

Thats essentially whats gonna happen. Someone posted on Facebook that Greg will co-anchor at 10 pm with Dari while Steve looses the 10 pm. New lineup should look something like this:

Unless the plan is for Good Day New York to go national and say become Good Day American and they don't want Greg to be a national host cause of his occasional inapporiate comments, his political ties from his dad Ray Kelly and being accused of rape 5 years ago. Perhaps Fox is going in a different direction.

I'm reading a lot of talk about being passed over for a move from the morning slot to 12noon or 4pm, and it has me mildly baffled. Am I mistaken or isn't the morning shift a prime spot? Certainly, it's higher profile than 12noon or 4pm. I can see hankering for 6 or 11pm. But midday? I'm struggling with that. As a former morning drive radio host who is now doing middays, I can tell you that there's a huge difference from both the inside and out. It's a way more comfortable lifestyle gig, but there are definitely fewer ears. From my view, people do not glibbly walk away from a prestige spot just because they're sleepy.

What they should have done was try and get Jim Watkins or Scott Stanford to co-anchor with Sukanya. But they need to leave Greg and Ro alone. It failed the last time they tried to break them up, it'll fail again!

I'm reading a lot of talk about being passed over for a move from the morning slot to 12noon or 4pm, and it has me mildly baffled. Am I mistaken or isn't the morning shift a prime spot? Certainly, it's higher profile than 12noon or 4pm. I can see hankering for 6 or 11pm. But midday? I'm struggling with that. As a former morning drive radio host who is now doing middays, I can tell you that there's a huge difference from both the inside and out. It's a way more comfortable lifestyle gig, but there are definitely fewer ears. From my view, people do not glibbly walk away from a prestige spot just because they're sleepy.

IMO radio is more conducive to getting a higher rating in morning drive than TV because those who are tuned in are getting ready to leave for work and don't have time to sit down and watch TV. The highest listenership in radio is morning drive, not so much for the rest of the day. I would think TV news gets higher viewership after people come home from work. So yeah, a person working in radio wants morning drive because it's the most prestigious, unlike TV.

I have to agree with the poster above. Mornings, 5, 6, 10/11 anchor gigs are much more high profile than the midday or early afternoon newscasts. Heck I'd even say the weekend evening spots can sometimes be greater or just as great as midday newscast.

The only person who should be upset for being passed over time after time again is Sandra Bookman. She has been stuck on weekends for almost 20 years. WABC have been number 1 so they have this attitude, if its not broken don't fix it. Once you get hired for an available anchor spot at WABC, it is so hard to be promoted to another spot especially moving to evenings and late night news. If an anchor position is available, they would rather hire an outsider.

If memory serves right, I believe Carol Jenkins did weekends for about 20 years or so on Channel 4 and then was promoted to weekdays in 1993. I'm not saying the same thing will happen to Sandra because maybe she likes the weekends but you never know. I think she'd be a good fit on the mornings though.

Who in the world is Jennifer Lahmers? Was she ever in NY TV? What market did she come from?

Hartford. She was at WTIC, got married, then left the station to start some "golf-lifestyle" channel with her then-husband. They got divorced a few years later. She was known as Jennifer Bosworth after her wedding.

If memory serves right, I believe Carol Jenkins did weekends for about 20 years or so on Channel 4 and then was promoted to weekdays in 1993. I'm not saying the same thing will happen to Sandra because maybe she likes the weekends but you never know. I think she'd be a good fit on the mornings though.

You are correct about Ms. Jenkins. She was also a solid journalist as is Ms. Bookman. Would love to see Sandra Bookman anchoring weekdays.

Hartford. She was at WTIC, got married, then left the station to start some "golf-lifestyle" channel with her then-husband. They got divorced a few years later. She was known as Jennifer Bosworth after her wedding.

Sounds like a diva. Can Suki (another diva) and her get along on the air?

Jim Watkins should return to PIX 11 to anchor with Kaity (like old times) during the weekend. Scott Stanford is better off doing sports during the week.

What they should have done was try and get Jim Watkins or Scott Stanford to co-anchor with Sukanya. But they need to leave Greg and Ro alone. It failed the last time they tried to break them up, it'll fail again!

Kaity is 70. She seems like a great lady, and is a legend among women anchors in NYC, but she is not the solution to anything, unless the problem is "how is Sinclair going to cut costs quickly?"

Sounds like a diva. Can Suki (another diva) and her get along on the air?

I'm sure the lovely writers at the New York Post hope the Diva's go Yonkers on each other.

A perceived view of disharmony could be a ratings boost or bust depending on the social atmosphere at any given moment.

I say "Build an octagon!"

Carol Jenkins was also passed over for a weekday spot at WNBC many times and I believe she threatened to leave WNBC if she wasn't promoted in 1993. She was passed over for 11pm for Sue Simmons I. 1980 as weekend anchor. She was passed over for Today in New York for Jane Hansen in 1988 and Tony Guida in 1991 tho I'm not sure weekday mornings were as big a deal then as they are now. She was also passed over for Live At Five in 1989 and 1991 and the 6pm news in 1991. I think I'm 1993 when Dawn F left wnbc for NBC news that Carol said she would leave Wnbc if she didn't get the 6pm slot and that's how she got it instead of Chuck anchoring solo. She was a good pick for the role. As for Sandra I think she would fit in well as morning anchor and while she may be okay with weekend anchor like Carol was for a number of years she may feel it's time for a promotion. If that happens perhaps Michele gets weekend evening and Lauren gets weekend morning. Toni is not cut out to anchor imho.

You are correct about Ms. Jenkins. She was also a solid journalist as is Ms. Bookman. Would love to see Sandra Bookman anchoring weekdays.

Archived