Lori Stokes leaves WABC.

CircleSeven

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So WABC offered her a new contract with a pay-cut and she walked to FOX 5? That's something I had heard and is basically the only scenario that actually makes any sense.

Or WNYW offered her more money and WABC wasn't able to match it. The later hours and a more flexible show format probably don't hurt either.

So WABC offered her a new contract with a pay-cut and she walked to FOX 5? That's something I had heard and is basically the only scenario that actually makes any sense.

This seems the most likely scenario. At 17+ years with WABC, i'm sure she was making a nice chunk of change. That being said, with all the cuts going on at the Disney properties, there probably was no justification for keeping her high salary on the payroll--or at least that high of a salary. I'm sure that they did offer her a smaller contract and ultimately FOX5 was a better deal for her all around. Can't really blame her for securing her future. I'm sure she won't be the last high price talent to leave WABC. Watch for the buyouts and even "retirements" to start coming up pretty soon.

Biggest thing to watch will be her chemistry with Rosanna. Let's remember Rosanna's lukewarm chemistry with Ernie and sometimes awkward chemistry with Dave Price. There was just something about Greg that Rosanna really fed off of. Will be very interesting to see the impacts this has on the show.

Biggest thing to watch will be her chemistry with Rosanna. Let's remember Rosanna's lukewarm chemistry with Ernie and sometimes awkward chemistry with Dave Price. There was just something about Greg that Rosanna really fed off of. Will be very interesting to see the impacts this has on the show.

Agreed.. however even if they don't have the "best" chemistry i think they will succeed. A lot of people like Lori and A lot of people like Rosanna.. they will watch just to see the one they like.

Caught the first 20 minutes, which was the standard first 20 minutes of news, weather and traffic. Seemed to go well. I recorded the rest to watch later. Interested in seeing how they do in the more laid back portions of the show.

I will say, from just the first 20 minutes, I enjoy Lori so much better than Greg Kelly and his (often immature and unneeded) commentary and remarks.

did anyone watch? I did. It was great!! They have (surprisingly) great chemistry and it felt like they've been together for years.

Yes! And couldn't agree more.. Very happy for them.. they really prooved it on Facebook live too.. Lori fits right in with all of them.. miss Greg but Lori definetly makes it work

Caught the first 20 minutes, which was the standard first 20 minutes of news, weather and traffic. Seemed to go well. I recorded the rest to watch later. Interested in seeing how they do in the more laid back portions of the show.

I will say, from just the first 20 minutes, I enjoy Lori so much better than Greg Kelly and his (often immature and unneeded) commentary and remarks.

If you are a fan...that was what made it such a great show. We shall see how long it will last

I predict a ratings drop..

Lori has a way of just turning any show around, it’s just something about her that just makes the show work. Her aura, presence chemistry all have proven to improve the ratings. She did the same with WABC when their morning news ratings were failing. So we shall see what happens now when she joins FOX 5. We will know after the sweeps in November how it goes. I actually haven’t seen the inaugural show but I’m sure it will be online somewhere eventually. If anyone has a clip please share it with us!

I watched Lori's first day in full last night. I have to say, I was surprised at the chemistry her and Rosanna had. The first two hours, it was hard to judge because it's mostly news, weather, traffic, a few newsmaker interviews and some banter. The 9am hour, however, really let Lori's personality shine and proved that she and Rosanna were an unconventional yet good pair. In fact, as someone who has not tuned into a full broadcast of GDNY since Jim Ryan was the anchor (and its logo was the blue circle and orange lettering), they did a good job of convincing me to tune in more often once the big three affiliates switch to network.

Geez, even worse than Rosanna? This Suki chick from PIX 11. Her delivery is all over the place.

Oh dear. Kala and Betty are even better than that obnoxious of Suk. PIX did the right thing with the revamp. Lori on the other hand is doing the right thing.

Yeah, I just re-watched today's Airing, really nice combination. I think they will do fine. Lori just knows how to make it work. Not as loud as Greg of course, I will certainly miss him even though I rarely watched that show, but Lori is a new fresh face, I literally wouldn't mind watching that show more over Live with Kelly and Ryan. Especially the 9AM hour, its really fun to watch over the traditional network stuff. Which in my opinion is starting to be boring and cheesy now, Good Day New York is definitely a better alternative now. I like how real they are on that show, they have a real conversation lol. It feels very "New York". The show really works, I think they will be nice together and the ratings are likely to go up actually.

If that's the case then perhaps you'll see Rosanna move back to evenings soon.

I wish Lori the best. But I hope they keep the chemistry I've seen so far on the air. But IMO Rosanna has a big ego, wants to be #1 rather than both of them being equals. After a year will they put on happy faces on TV, but hate each other off the set?

I watched Friday's broadcast and noticed the chemistry continues to improve. In the Facebook Live after show, Lori implied that she thought her career was "winding down" and it was nice to "feel some love" from another station. This seems to align with speculation that Ch. 7 offered her a new contract that was not was she expected. I'm assuming negotiations dragged out to the point where there was a window for her to leave Ch. 7 air and pop up on a competitor in less than 2 months.

Archived