Lori Stokes leaves WABC.

CircleSeven

I believe Sandra's been there longer. I know this sounds bad, but that recent lawsuit and allegations tell me Michelle could be at a disadvantage for the possible promotion.

The lawsuit claims discrimination against white men; not sure how that affects Michelle Charlesworth

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The lawsuit claims discrimination against white men; not sure how that affects Michelle Charlesworth

The FTVLive article said that he "filed a complaint with the New York State Division of Human Rights". That's not a lawsuit. Also, the article referenced "not white, not Caucasian, not men" which is a bit ambiguous. Does she discriminate only against people who meet all three of those, or is one sufficient?

The FTVLive article said that he "filed a complaint with the New York State Division of Human Rights". That's not a lawsuit. Also, the article referenced "not white, not Caucasian, not men" which is a bit ambiguous. Does she discriminate only against people who meet all three of those, or is one sufficient?

Read the NY Daily News article, not the FTV Live summary.

"It's more or less because (Lamattina) is a white dad that she has a problem with him," Rosenberg [the staffer's lawyer] claimed.

In any case - lawsuit, complaint, or whatever aside -- Michelle Charlesworth surely is the top contender for the job, at least in my book.

Probably means she's getting the job, why would she comment on it if she wasn't taking the job...

Based on a Facebook live video from today, it seems like Michelle won't be getting the job. My guess is Shirleen will be Ken's co-anchor.

Yeah on Lori's instagram account no hints at all of what she could be doing next haha. Though it still says "New York TV Personality" on her Instagram account so maybe she's still staying in New York doing something for the area. We shall see!

And as for Michelle Charlesworth, it makes sense for her to take the spot, she's really fun in the mornings and it would make sense for Toni Yates to take her spot in the weekend mornings as well to solidify the team.

More honesty from Michelle in a Facebook Live video from about an hour ago:

"I don't think I'm replacing Lori. I think they're gonna make the announcement soon, but it's not for me to do. But thank you for your votes of confidence... I love what I do and I love it here and I love my family and I love my schedule and I love Rob Nelson and Amy Freeze."

She also said that she won't be filling in this week and is looking forward to sleeping in, as doing so requires her to wake up at 2 a.m.

So, looks like it's not going to be Michelle after all...

More honesty from Michelle in a Facebook Live video from about an hour ago:

"I don't think I'm replacing Lori. I think they're gonna make the announcement soon, but it's not for me to do. But thank you for your votes of confidence... I love what I do and I love it here and I love my family and I love my schedule and I love Rob Nelson and Amy Freeze."

She also said that she won't be filling in this week and is looking forward to sleeping in, as doing so requires her to wake up at 2 a.m.

So, looks like it's not going to be Michelle after all...

If not Michelle.. then Sandra or Shirleen?

It should be Michelle, but it'll be Shirleen. I'm sure I'll get flack for this but it's the truth: there's no way Camille Edwards would replace a minority woman (Lori) with a white woman (Michelle.) This is simply based on Camille's long track record.

She will put David Duke in that spot if it saves her money...and keeps them from renegotiating another contract. ABC stations just took a decent hit with the Heather Ishimaura case (settlement) in San Francisco...that will be millions. I'm sure ABC hopes that the Lisa Congrassi death don't bite them in the ass also.

It's about money first...race and length of tenure don't matter right now.

It should be Michelle, but it'll be Shirleen. I'm sure I'll get flack for this but it's the truth: there's no way Camille Edwards would replace a minority woman (Lori) with a white woman (Michelle.) This is simply based on Camille's long track record.

I have to agree with you here. Shirleen is a good anchor, however there is little chemistry with Ken. If you watch Facebook live, especially, she often times runs off or is doing something else. I would love to see Sandra get it if Michelle isn't. I also have to admit there have been times where Diana has anchored with Ken and they were awesome (I KNOW they aren't being paired together, just stating an opinion) But let's all be real.. Lori was the absolute best in the morning, not gonna be easy to replace

It's official. Shirleen is the new morning anchor.

Did they make an announcement this morning? She was on at noon today but was anything said about whether she'll continue there?

Honestly, while she may have not been the best fit, she made the most sense. Prior to Lori leaving they had 8 weekday anchors (3 males, 5 females). For a company trying to cut back, reducing the weekday count to 7 and adding more shows to those anchors duties makes more sense.

I caught the tail end of the check in with GMA, when Robin mentioned Shirleen taking up the early morning shows. Ken and Shirleen also discussed the decision on Facebook.

I would have preferred Michelle myself but I do understand the reasoning and at least Shirleen interacted warmly with Ken on FB this morning. Hopefully the lack of chemistry is just a matter of them getting to know each other better.

I haven't seen anything about whether Shirleen will continue co-anchoring the noon broadcast.

Did they make an announcement this morning? She was on at noon today but was anything said about whether she'll continue there?

Honestly, while she may have not been the best fit, she made the most sense. Prior to Lori leaving they had 8 weekday anchors (3 males, 5 females). For a company trying to cut back, reducing the weekday count to 7 and adding more shows to those anchors duties makes more sense.

Ken announced it on his 7am Facebook Live. I wondered also about her noon duties.

Archived