Lori Stokes leaves WABC.

CircleSeven

Does FTVLive usually have a reputation for being correct?

I really hope not, I Love Teresa Priolo and Greg Kelly.... I don't want to lose them!

Do you read FTVLive.com daily? Yes, and he boasts about being right ALL THE TIME, but do wonder when he puts out a lot of hot information how much it has an impact on certain things i.e. jobs, deals and other things as well too. He needs to bring it down a few.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does FTVLive usually have a reputation for being correct?

He has a pretty good record of being correct.

He would like you to think he is some wizard...

But in reality most his info on talent movements come directly from the agents involved.

Those same agents pay his bills with ads.

Notice how FTV live never asks for comment or ever criticizes any agents?

Wow that really stinks. I don't want Greg to go and I definitely do not want Teresa to go.

Why would Fox 5 replace Teresa with Suki of all people? I'm so upset about this!

I am shocked that Fox 5 didn't learn their lesson the last time that they did the huge shake up with Dave Price. I wonder if all of this explains why Greg was off today. Except Rosanna did make a comment about Greg having the day off...

So this does seem to be the reality?

So moving to 'Good Day' means Lori gets to wake up, what, 2 hours later? Big whoop. For someone who admittedly isn't a morning person, making a lateral move like this (leaving the morning anchor spot at one station to be morning anchor at another) seems risky. Now if it's a nighttime spot, that'd be very different.

So moving to 'Good Day' means Lori gets to wake up, what, 2 hours later? Big whoop. For someone who admittedly isn't a morning person, making a lateral move like this (leaving the morning anchor spot at one station to be morning anchor at another) seems risky. Now if it's a nighttime spot, that'd be very different.

When there are a few extra Zero's on that paycheck...those extra ZZZ's mean less.

I could see (and don't mind) suki going to good day wake up. On the day the new pix11 morning news team debuted, people on FB voiced with displeasure about how they missed suki. She still got that popularity (some TVNT dissents be damned). You can make the case suki co-host GDNY with her personality, but why mess the success and yes, legacy that is Ro + Greg. Duo screams 'New Yaawk' let's face it. Lori, i'm not sure. You think this is odd way out with greg? (either a recent fallout we don't know or stemmed from an assault case that still left some with a bad taste in their mouth) Maybe lori at 5p (leave the duo intact at 10) or at 6p (is ernie retiring?) Probably not at 10p when you have virtually no competition (PIX be damned)

Ftvlive had in a headline Weds that Lori was leaving the big apple so who knows if they know what they are talking about. If Lori is in fact joining Wnyw I hope its to anchor at 6 and 10pm. Dari doesn't add much and who knows how much longer Erine will be around for.

Honestly if Lori is going to FOX5 I would think it'd be more likely to replace Dari at night. The night is where they need a big name

You're right that Lori makes a ton more sense in the evening. Dari is not a strong anchor. Lori would bring a lot of credibility to those newscasts and make Steve better.

As far as the Suki rumor...I could see that. And I don't think she'd like being second billing to the main GDNY show.

You're right that Lori makes a ton more sense in the evening. Dari is not a strong anchor. Lori would bring a lot of credibility to those newscasts and make Steve better.

As far as the Suki rumor...I could see that. And I don't think she'd like being second billing to the main GDNY show.

I agree. Suki likes being the center of attention. Rosanna and Greg are Good Day and really FOX5. It'll be interesting to see what happens if this is all true.

It's also possible that GDNY is going to a 3 person anchor format tho I don't think that's likely. I think Lori if she's going WNYW would anchor in the evenings and maybe Suki would anchor GDNY. Let's not forget that FTVLIVE on Weds had in a headline that Lori was leaving the big apple which is still a possibility tho she's not joining WNYW and leaving the Big Apple so they are wrong at least once. I think presuming the Brian Thompson tweet is real that her ex husband and father of her children who Lori still appears to be close with would have a better idea of where Lori ends up then some TV Website would. If that is his tweet and he work her next gig @nbcnewyork it sounds like hse's saying that's where her next gig will be at. As for why the Lori video was taken down? I guess they let Lori say goodbye out of respect for the viewers tho perhaps they are pissed that she is leaving. Why else didn't she anchor the whole newscast?

Isn't WNYW already #1 at 10pm? While I don't like Dari, where's the logic of wanting to presumably pay a higher salary for Lori? The same thing in the mornings, aren't they beating out WPIX and the Today Show already?

It would be nice to see her on WNBC, which I think has more of a respectable news organization than WNYW. Although I don't see an opening because WNBC has been pushing hard for the team of Stefan and Natalie for a while now. Maybe Natalie doesn't want the evening spot with a new child? Lori can anchor while Natalie is on maternity leave.

Eww, FOX 5?! Wow, she left WABC for them?! Geese, WNYW is definitely not the correct fit for Lori. I'm sorry I don't think that's a smart move.

Her personality and her attitude don't really fit that station at least not in my opinion haha. Unless Lori has a "sassier" side to her behind the scenes, lol that may uplift that broadcast.. I don't know it doesn't seem logically a good fit in my opinion.

Sukanya Krishnan to me is a better fit because of her "bubbly and funny" personality, but Lori presents more of a "harder news" and more reserved, soothing aura to her audience which worked for WABC's style of delivery. I don't know.. we'll have to see how it plays out. Roz did the same thing and she ended up tarnishing her career because WCBS screwed her over. I hope Lori does not have the same fate. I'm pretty sure this was a sudden thing because there was no warning that she'd be leaving.

I don't think that article and source is right, plus again where would she fit in that Station? It doesn't make sense. If Lori is indeed going there I really hope its the right decision for her because she's leaving the number one station in the nation for far lesser quality broadcast that's pretty much all over the place in my opinion, and not mention a station with a lot of instability. WNYW consistently does these shake ups and it could come back to haunt her in the future.

Sadly, I don't think WABC ever re-hires ex employees, it's something I don't think they've ever done. I hope it's the right decision for her. Either way wherever she ends up she will be phenomenal, I just hope upper management of wherever she goes next does not screw her over. She does not deserve that...

Sadly, I don't think WABC ever re-hires ex employees, it's something I don't think they've ever done.

Wasn't David Novarro weekend morning anchor (he was a reporter, at minimum) before he went to Chicago (and then came back)?

Again, unless Greg is going to network I really don't see him leaving or being reassigned. I will say though I've caught a few shows of Good Day this summer and they seem to be a lot "newsier" in the 7-9am hour than they have been recently. Maybe if they are starting a harder news focus and pushing it to the night (what they do now doesn't work) that's with they picked up Lori. A big name and a hard news personality.

I hope she decides to make cheese...or be a lumberjack...or open a Bodega. Maybe she is a closet fly fisher-woman, who is moving to Montana to tie her own flies.

Or......

She is going to work for Trump....(thud)

Oh you guys would Sh$T entire cantaloupes if that happens.

That made me guffaw!

Right. I looked at Brian Thompsons tweets and I don't see it there. Perhaps Lori is joining CBS News. Maybe Norah O'Donnell is going to CBS Evening News and Lori is taking her place on CBS This Morning or maybe Lori is going to take

Over on the CBS Evening news tho I don't think that is likely. It's fun to speculate. Maybe Lori will even run for congress.

Very telling that it seems Brian Thompson has taken that tweet down. Maybe he spoke too soon!

Wasn't David Novarro weekend morning anchor (he was a reporter, at minimum) before he went to Chicago (and then came back)?

Correct.

Oh that's right!, I stand corrected! .

Well, hopefully WABC will take her back if it doesn't work out for her. But due to non-compete if she works for another station competing station in the same area could she return back to them? I guess there's no reason why she wouldn't be able to.

While I was never a fan of Ms. Stokes', I do admire her longevity in this business and in this market. Wishing her continued success in whatever

she chooses to do next.

We are each entitled to our own opinions...but how could you not be a fan of Lori Stokes? She had such a warm, relatable and charismatic delivery. She makes a great team with everyone she works with.

Archived