Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
HulkieD

The Essentials: The Best Opens and Promos

KOUS 1982 News 4 opening (this from the former small-market NBC station of Billings/Hardin, MT [licensed to Hardin] that is now Fox4 KHMT in that area)

What I especially liked about this one is the announcer's spiel (announcer as yet unknown):

"News 4...with Ed Connors...Ric Bramble...Russ Riesinger on sports...and Barry Walcott on weather."

• Like 2

WTVN Action 6 News Update 1982 (11 P.M. late edition)

"This is Action 6 News Update...with Tom Ryan, Michelle Gailiun, meteorologist Don Carson in WeatherCenter 6, and Lonnie Haskins on sports."

(as Update title flashes with last note of title track)

"Now, Action 6 News Update."

(WSYX Channel 6 [ABC Columbus, OH] from 1982; then WTVN)

Edited by bmasters1
embedding
  • Like 1

Bumping this up: KXXV Channel 25 (ABC Waco/Temple/Killeen, TX): 1988 10 P.M. opening for Eyewitness News 25 Tonight; at the beginning of this KXXV montage from user kyndle hewett (0:06 mark); what I like about this one is the same one I liked about that KOUS opening I put here before (namely, the billing):

"Now, Eyewitness News 25 Tonight...with Ric Streed and Mary Rogers on news...meteorologist Stu Bowersox with your Central Texas forecast...and sports director Ray Peters with more than the score. This is the late-breaking edition of Eyewitness News 25."