NFL 2017-18 Season Coverage

rkolsen

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NBC also promoted the Texans-Bengals TNF during the Giants-Cowboys SNF, so that was probably gonna be a hint that NBC was producing this broadcast.

One of the TV listings I have says pregame hosted by James Brown and the CBS crew - possible this will be done by CBS Sports?

I noticed last week that it was a NBC production but couldn't find any news as to why that was the case.

One of the TV listings I have says pregame hosted by James Brown and the CBS crew - possible this will be done by CBS Sports?

I noticed last week that it was a NBC production but couldn't find any news as to why that was the case.

My guide says Football Night in San Francisco, which is NBC's show. This past Sunday, NBC promoted the game using the NBC TNF music.

My guide says Football Night in San Francisco, which is NBC's show. This past Sunday, NBC promoted the game using the NBC TNF music.

That's what I have now too.

Also, does this mean CBS will produce two games down the road in Nov/Dec to reciprocate for NBC?

"Football Night in San Francisco" (yes, I'm going to say it; they're in Santa Clara!) It is indeed under the NBC title, but used different music before they went to the actual game broadcast. This setup for the first two weeks has been way too confusing.

"Football Night in San Francisco" (yes, I'm going to say it; they're in Santa Clara!) It is indeed under the NBC title, but it has a completely different setup than NBC or CBS and what seems to be a completely different graphics and music package?

ETA - Now they're playing the NBC music? I'm incredibly confused.

I suspect NBC made some alterations to their TNF presentation in the off-season.

I've noticed the absence of NBC logos - wonder if the CBS produced games exclusive to NFLN will lose the eyemark.

CBS takes control of TNF next week with Bears-Packers. After tonight's game, NBC won't regain control until Vikings-Browns.

Hopefully they bring back their (much) better graphics and music package...

EDIT: Yep! They teased next week's CBS game and played the awesome CBS music. I will never get why they have two different presentation packages for each half of TNF.

The London online-exclusive game is today. Despite Verizon having acquired the rights and having announced it would be on Complex and go90, it's now just being branded as another Yahoo game given that Verizon owns them now.

Like last time, it's a CBS production.

Thoughts on Tony Romo?

I'm legitimately impressed. I love his enthusiasm and how he's been able to break down specific plays. He knows his stuff so well. For someone who's calling their fourth game, he's doing remarkably well.

Obviously an improvement over Simms, but I'm amazed at how much of an improvement he is.

Thoughts on Tony Romo?

I'm legitimately impressed. I love his enthusiasm and how he's been able to break down specific plays. He knows his stuff so well. For someone who's calling their fourth game, he's doing remarkably well.

Obviously an improvement over Simms, but I'm amazed at how much of an improvement he is.

He reminds me of Eric Byrnes on MLB Network. He's giddy and eager to analyze the game. He's not afraid to just say whatever he feels like. He's definitely a unique personality in the booth. Much better than Simms.

• 2 weeks later...

On a side note, the Bills' admittedly-good preseason graphics from last year ... have ended up on Eleven Sports' new college football package.

z8Wpowa.png

I've been left wondering how this occurred (might it have been stock? Or did whoever the Bills subcontracted end up getting subcontracted by Eleven? They're new to the market, and only got in by buying out the distribution contracts of the collapsing One World Sports)

On a side note, the Bills' admittedly-good preseason graphics from last year ... have ended up on Eleven Sports' new college football package.

z8Wpowa.png

I've been left wondering how this occurred (might it have been stock? Or did whoever the Bills subcontracted end up getting subcontracted by Eleven? They're new to the market, and only got in by buying out the distribution contracts of the collapsing One World Sports)

Maybe a more important question... who's heard of Eleven Sports? I know I haven't.

It's new. Apparently they're mainly in some international mid-sized markets.

Spectrum just dumped them when the OWS carriage agreement ended a few days ago. Not that I can blame them; they probably ended up having to write off debts to them OWS didn't pay. I was shocked that the Ivy League went back to Eleven after what OWS pulled last year.

Eleven only acquired "certain distribution assets" supposedly. They said this was an entirely new operation, and that they weren't responsible for paying off their unpaid freelancers.

They also got Southland Conference, Big Sky, and UMass games. Besides Big Sky, all of these were formerly with ASN, so I guess they picked up some of their scraps.

NBC and ESPN COULD add the records, but since those broadcasts are more "appointment television", I don't know that it's necessary. Those teams get enough talk and analysis leading up to kickoff.

Archived