NFL 2017-18 Season Coverage

rkolsen

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not the only one who noticed (oddly enough, Madden 16's UI seemed to be a knockoff of CBS's look)

Considering that they used to have Nantz and Simmons as the announcers on Madden (although I don't think they are anymore), I don't think that it's a coincidence.

The Arizona Cardinals have gone NBC. They are using the college version of the current-generation NBC Sports graphics, a big upgrade for them. (Last year they used old NFL Network graphics.)

[MEDIA=twitter]896567139212996608[/MEDIA]

Every single affiliate in the Cards' network this year is new. In 2016, KNXV, KWBA (Tucson) and KVVU (Las Vegas) were their affiliates. In 2017, that honor goes to KPNX, KMSB/KTTU (Tucson) and KSNV (Las Vegas).

Elsewhere:

LA Rams: It's Altitude. Please update your Roboto. I implore you.

[MEDIA=twitter]896568185276612608[/MEDIA]

NY Jets: CBS NFL. It's good.

[MEDIA=twitter]896543411238387712[/MEDIA]

KC Chiefs: The 1st down markers are old, but the current CBS package now has a home with the Chiefs and 65TPT Productions.

[MEDIA=twitter]896207229140914176[/MEDIA]

Cincinnati Bengals: Last-gen ESPN, still awkward.

[MEDIA=twitter]896182456130207744[/MEDIA]

NY Giants: Is this a network telecast?

[MEDIA=twitter]896147267249250304[/MEDIA]

Cleveland Browns: It's bad. It's stale. Please help them.

[MEDIA=twitter]895844430380359683[/MEDIA]

Buffalo Bills: Another new look, but at least it continues to be better than the average. (2016 was still better though)

[MEDIA=twitter]895792119708659713[/MEDIA]

NY Giants: Is this a network telecast?

[MEDIA=twitter]896147267249250304[/MEDIA]

[/QUOTE]

The Giants preseason games on WNBC so I would expect a better production value than some teams in smaller markets. Additionally that game was simulcast on NFL Network and the next game is simulcast on espn.

The Arizona Cardinals have gone NBC. They are using the college version of the current-generation NBC Sports graphics, a big upgrade for them. (Last year they used old NFL Network graphics.)

[MEDIA=twitter]896567139212996608[/MEDIA]

Every single affiliate in the Cards' network this year is new. In 2016, KNXV, KWBA (Tucson) and KVVU (Las Vegas) were their affiliates. In 2017, that honor goes to KPNX, KMSB/KTTU (Tucson) and KSNV (Las Vegas).

Elsewhere:

LA Rams: It's Altitude. Please update your Roboto. I implore you.

[MEDIA=twitter]896568185276612608[/MEDIA]

NY Jets: CBS NFL. It's good.

[MEDIA=twitter]896543411238387712[/MEDIA]

KC Chiefs: The 1st down markers are old, but the current CBS package now has a home with the Chiefs and 65TPT Productions.

[MEDIA=twitter]896207229140914176[/MEDIA]

Cincinnati Bengals: Last-gen ESPN, still awkward.

[MEDIA=twitter]896182456130207744[/MEDIA]

The last one actually looks like more last-gen NFL Network.

Dallas Cowboys Preseason games can be seen on these stations:

August 12th at Los Angeles Rams - CBS11/NFL Network, 7:00 PM CT

August 19th vs Miami Dolphins - CBS11/ NFL Network, 7:00 PM CT

August 25th vs Seattle Seahawks - CBS11, 9:00 PM CT

September 1st vs Houston Texans - CBS11, 7:00 PM CT

May the best team win on the 25th. I may be a Seattle Seahawk fan, but I will always be a Dallas Cowboy fan at heart.

Actually, no. It's a knock-off of ESPN's old "metal" graphics that first debuted on MNF in 2009 (then a few years later they switched to that one with the obnoxiously large grey and red bar, rather than use the refresh they put on college football and NBA)

xdbuRrX.jpg

Agency? These should be the Chargers network graphics, not the Lions.

[MEDIA=twitter]896828368791916544[/MEDIA]

If I'm understanding it correctly, those are the Colts' graphics, based on the team's logo on the top left on the replay.

I think I mentioned that the Lions were just the Fox standard

Seahawks: Fox scoreboard, custom L3s

Chargers: Here's a new one, it's the Monday Night Football graphics but toned down/downgraded a bit. Yes, the Chargers like their cheapness. Always have, always will (is KABC putting a sort of bug or anything in the conspiciously blank space where the "ESPN MNF" logo usually goes?)

Chargers: Here's a new one, it's the Monday Night Football graphics but toned down/downgraded a bit. Yes, the Chargers like their cheapness. Always have, always will (is KABC putting a sort of bug or anything in the conspiciously blank space where the "ESPN MNF" logo usually goes?)

And the graphics are 4:3'ed unlike their MNF counterparts (except for the down indicator). I didn't even know they could be 4:3'ed and they look claustrophobic.

And the graphics are 4:3'ed unlike their MNF counterparts (except for the down indicator). I didn't even know they could be 4:3'ed and they look claustrophobic.

Were they originally 4:3ed for ESPN Deportes, perhaps? Is that still an issue for that channel?

Were they originally 4:3ed for ESPN Deportes, perhaps? Is that still an issue for that channel?

Deportes went 16:9 back in 2014, so it's no excuse at this point and KABC requires AFD#10 for their news presentation. It's an inexplicable choice, but since KFMB is still carrying preseason games as part of the Chargers network they probably made some choices to satisfy the San Diegans who haven't abandoned the team.

Deportes went 16:9 back in 2014, so it's no excuse at this point and KABC requires AFD#10 for their news presentation. It's an inexplicable choice, but since KFMB is still carrying preseason games as part of the Chargers network they probably made some choices to satisfy the San Diegans who haven't abandoned the team.

Well, it's not a 4:3 issue...

[MEDIA=twitter]896918300117970945[/MEDIA]

My guess is that sponsorships might be sold locally by this network into submarkets and this is the network feed. Large gaps in NFL preseason telecast graphics are prone to sponsorship logos.

It is kind of a cheap version — no team colors (instead a slate gray), team logos cropped into circles...

As to the Seahawks, their down-and-distance graphics seem to be kinda ancient. It is noteworthy that this is the post-SB51 Fox graphics with no translucent wrap around the boxes.

[MEDIA=twitter]896911654146916352[/MEDIA]

Actually, I think it's just the encoding on the video mudding the "frame" around it. It was still the standard scoreboard. I'm shocked they didn't get a football version of the ATTSN/Root Sports graphics going there; up until recently (when they started to just use Fox's current graphics), they were using whatever FSN/Root Northwest had graphics-wise, including the pillbox and metal pane, and the slanted Root Sports one).

And looking around for pictures of people not watching on NFL Network, it was blank for everyone. Could have shoved a Chargers wordmark in there to make it look less blank.

Archived