WFOR New Set

USNewsie

WBBM just got the new mandated set its in the WBBM new set the secret is out thread. I think its a little too late for WBZ. I dont believe WBBM is debuting the set because of either there contract with the city til 2018 or they dont have the lighting grid on the celing yet and CBS put the set in and told WBBM its on them to put the grid in

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hundreds of thousands of dollars. Many hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I'm betting they easily spent atleast $150k on monitors alone. The KCBS set used PrimeView monitors and I believe they cost several thousand a piece.

Edit 2: I'm basing it on the "cheap" Samsung video wall tiles where the 55" ones start at $4,000 a pop. PrimeView doesn't have prices but I believe they are "higher quality".

Edit: Forgot to ask how did they handle Hurricane Irma on the set? Since there isn't a weather center where was information presented from?

Edit: Forgot to ask how did they handle Hurricane Irma on the set? Since there isn't a weather center where was information presented from?

There's a weather center somewhere in the building that they were using. Looked to be based on the former set.

Archived