WFOR New Set

USNewsie

I mean for a quick build, you have to come to an agreement that these are fairly nice quick builds.

Two things that made WFOR's new set such a quick build:

1. They kept the existing wood floor.
  2. The studio is much smaller than that of KCBS and KOVR, so fewer set pieces needed to be fabricated together.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks very nice. If they can easily remove the desk I imagine they could even hold small local debates.

One surprising thing is that there isn't a working weather center (or a computer pod at a minimum) on set.

It looks very nice. If they can easily remove the desk I imagine they could even hold small local debates.

One surprising thing is that there isn't a working weather center (or a computer pod at a minimum) on set.

The corner projection wall at the far back of the studio could probably serve as a impromptu pod area...assuming if they really need it.

5412730f4dcf7036d7a55f1bc3f105bd.png

Surprisingly, it was pointed out as one of the last remaining pieces from the previous set.

So who's next for the mandate CBS set which is nice. WBZ Boston or WCCO MSP? What about KTVT in DFW or should I say WJZ?

WCBS is in the process of building a new set currently, and WBBM is next along with most likely ‘CCO. I think we can actually put WJZ in the market of rebranding next year, but not this year.

Why does everyone need to get a new set all at once? WCCO's set is *maybe* five years old. Plus they have a lot more moving parts with the streetside elements and all their feel-good Minnesota stuff. Their current setup seems to be fine for all of that.

Archived