east-tx-tv

QVC's TV assets:

QVC

QVC2

Beauty I.Q.

HSN's TV assets:

HSN

HSN2

Don't forget they're also both prominent on many ION Television affiliates (QVC on DT5, HSN on DT6). I can see at least two of these networks go off-air because, unless if they're willing to do specific targeted channels (one for electronics, one for kitchen products, etc.), they can't survive under five channels.

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/qvc-home-shopping-network-merge-20170706.html

This article seems to show a spin of Liberty owning both so they can compete with Amazon, Walmart, and other online sites. I'm sure there were a few out there though that didn't care as much about retail implications as much as just a need for another M/A deal. Supposedly the channels will be run autonomously, but there has to be some itch to consolidate functions, cut costs, and justify making such a deal. I'm not sure I like this, as it vastly reduces competition, but with what's going on in retail these days, there could be a lot more closings and consolidation before all the dust settles.

I have a feeling they'll segmentalize....the QVC and HSN brands will remain...but one channel will focus more on X goods while the other focuses more on Y...with the back office stuff getting combined.

Kinda like how HSN did with Home Shopping Spree/HSC Spree/Spree!/America's Store once upon a time?

I think QVC2 stopped a while ago. There is QVC "Plus" which on my Directv is just a time-delayed feed of regular QVC

Other way around. They used to have QVC Plus, which was almost exclusively taped segments from the main QVC channel. It launched back in 2013.

On or around April 1 of this year, QVC Plus became QVC2, and now carries an additional 40 hours of live programming.

Other way around. They used to have QVC Plus, which was almost exclusively taped segments from the main QVC channel. It launched back in 2013.

On or around April 1 of this year, QVC Plus became QVC2, and now carries an additional 40 hours of live programming.

Winner!

Yes, it was launched as QVC Plus but then became QVC2 this year.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived