Jamie Horowitz out at Fox Sports

HowardSalwasser

Good. I'm glad he's gone. Hopefully they'll find someone who is willing to go back to actually covering/focusing/airing sports instead of going with that personality-driven programming garbage. Not sure if the neutering of foxsports.com from written/video content to almost exclusively video was Jamie's ill-conceived idea or if it's a long-term strategy from corporate, but it's clear that heading that direction completely, is a big mistake.

• 2 weeks later...
Good. I'm glad he's gone. Hopefully they'll find someone who is willing to go back to actually covering/focusing/airing sports instead of going with that personality-driven programming garbage. Not sure if the neutering of foxsports.com from written/video content to almost exclusively video was Jamie's ill-conceived idea or if it's a long-term strategy from corporate, but it's clear that heading that direction completely, is a big mistake.

I don't typically like Awful Announcing because of all of the advertising on their site, but I actually sat down and read this post about how Horowitz single-handedly destroyed foxsports.com:

http://awfulannouncing.com/fox/jamie-horowitz-fox-sports-digital.html

I don't typically like Awful Announcing because of all of the advertising on their site, but I actually sat down and read this post about how Horowitz single-handedly destroyed foxsports.com:

http://awfulannouncing.com/fox/jamie-horowitz-fox-sports-digital.html

I read it as well, and it was a pretty good article. The thing about going all video is they're trying to appease to that segment of the population that just wants those quick bits of video and don't want or have time to read articles. Which is a pretty stupid strategy, tbh.

In my case, I don't mind a video, but only if it's going to supplement the article. There are some instances where I am not in the position to sit down and watch a video/clip. Plus, with the elimination of the written content, that meant the loss of Ken Rosenthal's articles on foxsports.com as well. Which is a big shame. He'll still do tv stuff for the network and MLB Network, but will have to find another outlet to post his written stuff.

I read it as well, and it was a pretty good article. The thing about going all video is they're trying to appease to that segment of the population that just wants those quick bits of video and don't want or have time to read articles. Which is a pretty stupid strategy, tbh.

In my case, I don't mind a video, but only if it's going to supplement the article. There are some instances where I am not in the position to sit down and watch a video/clip. Plus, with the elimination of the written content, that meant the loss of Ken Rosenthal's articles on foxsports.com as well. Which is a big shame. He'll still do tv stuff for the network and MLB Network, but will have to find another outlet to post his written stuff.

Also, I don't care about anything Bayless, Sharpe, and Cowherd have to say, so their website is pretty useless to me.

I would argue going all-video isn't necessarily a bad thing, but a sign of the times. These days, you can get sports info anywhere and from anyone. It doesn't really make sense to continue to dump money and resources into things that no longer work in 2017. For me, I enjoy watching shows like 30 for 30, the Ultimate Fighter, A Football Story, etc.. and getting the latest sports info from my local tv station. If I come across a sports article/column that's sounds interesting, I'll read it; but those are too far and few in-between these days.

Archived