WKRN New Set

TennTV1983

WKRN in Nashville will be getting a brand new set in the coming weeks. It was announced today during all of their newscasts, which are currently being done in the newsroom.

Knowing how Nexstar works, the new set will probably be an in-house job done by local contractors (though I'll be surprised if they use an actual set builder like was the case with KLAS).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I like that they actually plan to use their LED curtains to change colors. Also is there a recent trend in trying to build "rooms" within the studio? Specifically with weather. Seems like the trend is to start closing off weather centers behind glass walls.

WOOD-TV did this over a decade ago... When they did some remodeling of their studio area, they opened the wall between their off camera weather office and the main news studio, bumped into some non-used offices and labeled it the 24-hour Tracking Center... Whenever they weren't needed or didn't go to the Tracking Center for camera shots, they have a removable accordion wall that blends in with their set to block off the Tracking Center.. I like the concept

I think the weather offices took hold so that the meteorologists have the tools nearby without necessarily making their presentation area a dedicated weather center. So the area where the meteorologist would typically be decked out with computers galore could be used as an alternative presentation space. (I’m wasn’t quite sure how to write out my thoughts so hopefully you understand.)

Also with all these more minimalist sets we see it reduces the clutter.

Archived