Longtime WNBC reporter Gabe Pressman passes away

JoseRM303

Over 60 years in local television (the bulk of it at WNBC) and having covered Mayors of the Big Apple dating to Bill O'Dwyer (1946-50 as NYC Mayor) and a 70+ year career dating to his newspaper days.

What a great career and an outstanding legacy left behind. RIP Gabe Pressman.

Sue Simmons was just on Ch. 4 (first time in 5 years), to speak about Gabe Pressman.

Wow. I know most rational people can put aside differences in sad times, but are the same bosses that dumped her still there?

Enjoyed seeing Sue today. Kind of wished Chuck was there for a reunion. Any chance of her coming back in a special contributor/reporter role?

I've learned to never say never. Crazier things have happened.

Even for just once and even with a changed hairstyle, I still can't think as to why they let Sue go. She's still got it and could've made another 5 years at least. Glad to see her on air again, even if just for this one time.

Even for just once and even with a changed hairstyle, I still can't think as to why they let Sue go. She's still got it and could've made another 5 years at least. Glad to see her on air again, even if just for this one time.

Money, Money, Money and the stagnant ratings. With 4 lagging behind 7 and 2, there is no way management could justify paying Sue's multi-million dollar/year salary.

Money, Money, Money and the stagnant ratings. With 4 lagging behind 7 and 2, there is no way management could justify paying Sue's multi-million dollar/year salary.

Didn't community involvement and/or public appearances (and her seeming unwillingness to do them) allegedly play a role?

Didn't community involvement and/or public appearances (and her seeming unwillingness to do them) allegedly play a role?

cause i never seen her in their christmas sing along (only once she did it after i left i think?)

I don't recall. I do remember that her last days were not exactly sunshine and rainbows especially when Sue's gossip columnist friend started airing the dirty behind-the-scenes laundry.

If you watch the clip, she blatantly says that it feels weird to be back. I'm not sure if that was Sue's way of throwing shade at management, or one of her off-the cuff comments, but MEOW.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived