New set for WCBS

Ryanthenewsgeek

I noticed on most of the videos on cbsnewyork.com and on their YouTube channel that they are doing all the newscasts on the WLNY 10/55!set, and when they goto weather, they just toss it to the green wall, is it me or is their something new or something going on?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I noticed on most of the videos on cbsnewyork.com and on their YouTube channel that they are doing all the newscasts on the WLNY 10/55!set, and when they goto weather, they just toss it to the green wall, is it me or is their something new or something going on?

You're not looking hard enough. Look at some other threads on here.

Yes. Click here:

https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?threads/wcbs-cbs2-news.11717/page-26#post-182735

[ATTACH=full]4095[/ATTACH] It has been CONFIRMED on Facebook by Chris Wragge that they are on a temporary set for the next 2 months for a new and improved set!
Wonder if there going to make it better then the best set of all the CBS O&Os KDKA-TV. Their set is still amazing 1 year later.

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know if WCBS is getting backend upgrades during the set build? I know WFOR's set is much smaller, but they seem to have built it way faster than WCBS has.

• 2 weeks later...
Wonder if there going to make it better then the best set of all the CBS O&Os KDKA-TV. Their set is still amazing 1 year later.

I love the KDKA set because it's so versatile - no hard branding at all, the desk moves in and out easily, and the weather center can be hidden. I also like the refurbished WBZ set - if WJZ got a set I would like them to get that one. It's technologically up to date but still warm.

[MEDIA=twitter]887403053338460160[/MEDIA]

A bit old, but I thought I'd share here. Has anyone found more recent updates?

Didn't realize they had that much space. From what I remember of the old set it seemed cramped.

Wonder if they're going to make it better than (the best set of all the CBS O&Os) KDKA-TV. Their set is still amazing 1 year later.

It is their flagship; it is possible. But it won't be easy to top ( or even match ) a masterpiece like KDKA's.

It is their flagship; it is possible. But it won't be easy to top ( or even match ) a masterpiece like KDKA's.

Unless they go with more portrait monitor walls - with a system to display different graphics or reporters on each monitor.

I love the KDKA set because it's so versatile - no hard branding at all, the desk moves in and out easily, and the weather center can be hidden. I also like the refurbished WBZ set - if WJZ got a set I would like them to get that one. It's technologically up to date but still warm.

Didn't realize they had that much space. From what I remember of the old set it seemed cramped.

46 is a huge studio... I can think of at least four separate occasions that 46 housed two sets, and that's dating back to the 80s. If that last set was cramped that would be more due to studio construction than anything.

Speaking of KDKA, after seeing the Pittsburgh news on an actual TV recently, their set really didn't look as good when compared to WTAE or WPXI, at least from what I saw. I think WPXI's set looks the best on TV, then WTAE, followed by KDKA.

I agree, the set was pretty solid despite being 6 years old. It definitely held up better than WABC's, which seems awfully drab nowadays and could use a refresh.

I hope WCBS gets an LED screen like WNBC, I really don't like the gaps in the monitor walls seen on KCBS and WFOR's sets.

I'm sorry, but with 'TAE having all that room before... then decide to do what they did with their new set? Don't like it sorry.

Speaking of KDKA, after seeing the Pittsburgh news on an actual TV recently, their set really didn't look as good when compared to WTAE or WPXI, at least from what I saw. I think WPXI's set looks the best on TV, then WTAE, followed by KDKA.

I

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks nice but am I the only one who thinks this is a downgrade from the previous set? I like the KCBS set but I'm not exactly blown away by it so I'm not thrilled to see clones of in it New York and Chicago. I'll withhold further judgement until I see it in action though.

Living in LA, I don't love the KCBS set. KABC and KNBC's set are better... but I hope WCBS made some changes to their version of the KCBS set.

I hope they didn't add the on set green room and the interview set with the old WCBS artifacts.

Anyword where the live backdrop is located. Looks like it's from Top of the Rock? I know NBC doesn't control the roof but you would think they'd have the exclusive rights to use it. I'm sure other stations would like a camera there as it shows all the major NYC landmarks.

Archived