Southern California 10 Day Forecast

CaptainNews

Telemundo 20 is doing 10 day forecasts and just recently NBC San Diego mentioned a 10 day forecast (It was possibly referring to their website.) How accurate has the 10 Day forecast been in other cities where an NBC O&O has a 10 day?

http://www.telemundo20.com/el-tiempo/?zipCode=92101

KNSD has been doing 10-day forecasts for over 6 months. I'm no weather expert, but I assume that any forecast/prediction 2 or 3 days out will be less reliable/accurate.

KNSD has been doing 10-day forecasts for over 6 months. I'm no weather expert, but I assume that any forecast/prediction 2 or 3 days out will be less reliable/accurate.

Bingo. Our current technology could only forecast weather within a certain timespan that afterwards it will eventually resort to using weather models and historical data to predict what's coming ahead.

In other words, anything beyond 3 days is akin to throwing darts on a wall.

At KBEX-TV we do a 7 day "Yestercast".

We are correct 100% of the time because we already know what occurred.

Pretty smart ehh?

• 1 year later...
On 6/22/2017 at 5:55 PM, Journalist said:

Bingo. Our current technology could only forecast weather within a certain timespan that afterwards it will eventually resort to using weather models and historical data to predict what's coming ahead.

I guess that might be the reason why Atlanta's WSB-TV chose to stick with a five-day forecast.

Archived