New set for NBC Nightly News

rkolsen

MSNBC Live using video wall to 'expand' 3A newsroom. You can you see the video loop got stuck, notice the woman in the far back:

[MEDIA=vimeo]226636503[/MEDIA]

Also the blue boarder is that of the movable video wall.

Just like in the movie SPEED, don't make sudden movements. LOL

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[ATTACH=full]4099[/ATTACH]

A more accurate floor layout that I whipped up. The Filmmaker's Destination floorplans are from the pre-MSNBC days at 30 Rock. This drawing takes into account what the current layout appears to be from photos online, AND historical factors. The red dashed outlines are the original locations of the six radio studios on the third floor. 3C and 3D were smaller than the rest, and over time areas outside of the original dimensions were annexed into their studio space. This space has the fourth floor above it, which is why the 3C WNBC weather center ("3C Annex") and main desk areas had a low ceiling over them.

Do we have any idea how big the annexed 3A/3C annex space is?

Do we have any idea how big the annexed 3A/3C annex space is?

If you can gauge space the little alcove with video walls on the three sides that's a good estimate of one annexed size.

I never noticed how similar the main Washington D.C studio (Hardball, Msnbc Live) is to the new 3C. The video wall area, lighting ribbon, metal finishes, ceiling lighting, etc. Was it done by the same designer?

NBC is currently working really hard towards consolidating their brand along with msnbc. Therefore they are making similar set ups across reporting, graphics, studios, etc.

Terrific production value all around seeing it in action live. Love that close where Lester is watching the final story on the wall, which fades to the logo, then pans back to the wide shot with the rock center banner and peacock ornament.

I noticed that on the Saturday edition of Nightly News, they use OTS graphics even when Jose's backdrop is the video wall. Are they doing this on the weekday show, or are they still putting text and graphics on the video wall?

Weekday NN uses OTS graphics when they use the newsroom backdrop.

They haven't really used the videowall as a backdrop since it debuted as the newsroom is open. For a few days they still had that pixelation issue when using the video wall for OTS graphics.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I guess Early Today is now coming from 3C, in the little nook opposite the Nightly home base.

I want to say it’s been that way since the new TV season started and they replaced Mad Money.

Edit: About the second or third week in October.

Archived