Previous Scripps graphics

Conrad

Give light and the people will find their own way. This post talks about previous graphics used by Scripps' 9 legacy, news-producing stations. including the 2009 Scripps graphics package and what came before it. Do not talk about WKBW or the former McGraw-Hill or Journal stations, only talk about Scripps' legacy stations.

For those of you who have never known this before (like those who joined the site since 2010), did you know that during the first month the Scripps standardization package was used, the lower thirds were larger than usual? That was fixed in November 2009. Another thing to know is that KNXV and KJRH used the 2009 standardization package for promos only for their first several days of using it, while using their pre-standardization graphics for everything else, until getting the standardization package full-time.

I have heard elsewhere on this site that KJRH's 2008 graphics package they got when they went HD before standardization was done in-house at the lighthouse. KSHB's 2007 graphics package (which is what KJRH's 2008 opens were inspired by) that was also used before standardization might have been done in-house, too. I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me whether KSHB's 2007 graphics package was done in-house? Can you tell me what other Scripps stations used in-house graphics packages in the 2000s, before getting the standardization treatment in 2009, too?

• 1 month later...

I don't know what else could be said about boring McGraphics and boring McMusic that were serious downgrades for stations like WXYZ, WPTV and even KNXV. That whole look was dated and tired within hours of their initial rollout.

Renderon usually does great stuff - the current Scripps package and legacy Journal packs especially - but that looked like it was slapped together in a matter of hours.

Archived