The "Hawk" is leaving the White Sox booth in 2018.

CircleSeven

Posted by Feder yesterday, Longtime play-by-play announcer "The Hawk" Ken Harrelson will leave the White Sox announcer booth after the 2018 MLB season.

In 2018, the Hawk will be calling a 20 game schedule of primarily Sunday home games. Since last year, Ken has been calling the team's road games, while Jason Benetti has been calling its home games. Because of Ken's limited role next year, Benetti will be the new primary play-by-play announcer.

After he leaves the booth, he will serve as ambassador of the team during the 2019 season.

I miss the old Hawk and DJ days. Hawk did a broadcast with Dan Plesac last season and they had great chemestry in the booth.

I'm a Sox fan from the South Side and I'll miss him. He's one of the most honest announcers in MLB.

I miss the old Hawk and DJ days. Hawk did a broadcast with Dan Plesac last season and they had great chemestry in the booth.

I'm a Sox fan from the South Side and I'll miss him. He's one of the most honest announcers in MLB.

And it was the hawk that had White Sox management push Darrin to the radio side in favor of Steve Stone. The Hawk is only honest about the opposing side, and maybe the umpires, but make no mistake he's one of the biggest homers- if not, the top one in all of MLB.

Put it this way, if Hawk and Joe West got in a fist fight, I'd pull for Hawk.

I'd hope they both knock each other out, that way I won't have to root for either one.

LOL at Bud Selig "reprimanding" Hawk. All Bud did was basically pluck one of Hawk's feathers. Nothing more. During his tenure, Selig was as soft as a melted McDonald's Ice Cream cone...

Archived