May 2017 sweeps results

TexasTVNews

But it is if you think of it in this way... Jonathan and Michelle beat Jim and Doreen? That's still hard to believe, no matter which way you see it. HH, 25-54,18-49, 2+, doesn't matter. WRC is the best at 6pm and for WJLA to actually win would surprise anyone in the industry.

The world, and especially TV ratings, doesn't revolve around how you feel. WRC isn't invincible.

Please don't be a dick...

WSVN fan makes plenty of positive contributions in these groups, and If he wants to inject his thoughts or opinion that's just fine with 99.9% of the folks who are regulars here.

The guy bust his ass to provide updated and accurate TV news listings for those interested. Please don't take cheap shots at him...I think you just may piss-off a whole bunch of people.

There are many people here for many different reasons...you may not agree with them...you may think their interest are silly to you...but they are all here for different forms of enjoyment, and I kindly ask you ,and some others to respect that.

Thanks for that consideration.

Now everyone may return to eating some news.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please don't be a dick...

WSVN fan makes plenty of positive contributions in these groups, and If he wants to inject his thoughts or opinion that's just fine with 99.9% of the folks who are regulars here.

The guy bust his ass to provide updated and accurate TV news listings for those interested. Please don't take cheap shots at him...I think you just may piss-off a whole bunch of people.

There are many people here for many different reasons...you may not agree with them...you may think their interest are silly to you...but they are all here for different forms of enjoyment, and I kindly ask you ,and some others to respect that.

Thanks for that consideration.

Now everyone may return to eating some news.

I'm not being a dick, and I have as much right to my opinion as he does. I don't care how much he contributes (which is a ton, and I really enjoy his blog).

WPVI was allegedly beaten by WCAU in a demo at 11pm and I'm not raising a stink over it. It just seems something really silly to be upset over.

I'm not being a dick, and I have as much right to my opinion as he does. I don't care how much he contributes (which is a ton, and I really enjoy his blog).

WPVI was allegedly beaten by WCAU in a demo at 11pm and I'm not raising a stink over it. It just seems something really silly to be upset over.

I understand it's not your area of interest, and that's fine...your opinion is just a important as others.

Please consider it a special favor for me...your little shark friend.

Thanks

I understand it's not your area of interest, and that's fine...your opinion is just a important as others.

Please consider it a special favor for me...your little shark friend.

Thanks

Because I usually find you borderline hilarious, I'll try to be a little more mindful.

• Tegnaitis is finally getting to WWL. I bet management is regretting moving the 7-9am news onto WUPL. Sad when the only solace is that it's beating GMA on WGNO.

T H I S ! ! !

I still don't know what was WWL thinking when they done that. Must be a Tegna mandate.

T H I S ! ! !

I still don't know what was WWL thinking when they done that. Must be a Tegna mandate.

As I said before the change: Corporate Influence over Station Interest.

Yeah, I don't think it was a station decision. This was the case of "do what the corporate master tell you to do", even if it isn't in the station's best interest. The suits obviously didn't care if the local morning show was the #1 in the market. As long as that station clear that national show on their air, that's what mattered to the suits at Tegna & CBS, not Channel 4. And that's a shame. Why mess with a formula that has worked so well for so many years?

But my biggest gripe in all of this was that they had to air CBS This Morning on Channel 4 on the day of Mardi Gras (2/28), the city's biggest day of the year!!!, while 6 & 8 went local straight-through (from the AM shows to the parades; 6 has always pre-empted The Today Show on that day). Channel 4 was pre-empting everything else after 9am, why couldn't they move CTM on 54 for just one day?! That's uncalled for.

As I said before the change: Corporate Influnece over Station Interest.

Yeah, I don't think it was a station decision. This was the case of "do what the corporate master tell you to do", even if it isn't in the station's best interest. The suits obviously didn't care if the local morning show was the #1 in the market. As long as that station clear that national show on their air, that's what mattered to the suits at Tegna & CBS, not Channel 4. And that's a shame. Why mess with a formula that has worked so well for so many years?

But my biggest gripe in all of this was that they had to air CBS This Morning on Channel 4 on the day of Mardi Gras (2/28), the city's biggest day of the year!!!, while 6 & 8 went local straight-through (from the AM shows to the parades; 6 has always pre-empted The Today Show on that day). Channel 4 was pre-empting everything else after 9am, why couldn't they move CTM on 54 for just one day?! That's uncalled for.

Even beyond Tegna, it's a CBS thing that ticks off their affiliates to the point they either pull the plug and go elsewhere, or the affiliate sends them packing when they refuse to meet their demands.

I could see WWL eventually ditching CBS and going independent or picking up another network, like WISH or WJXT. Doing so would allow WWL to restore one of their most defining programs and not having a network to force them to air a show that has RARELY EVER been a success. I know CBS has the best show in decades, but it's at the expense of a newscast that has dominated its timeslot for YEARS.

Even beyond Tegna, it's a CBS thing that ticks off their affiliates to the point they either pull the plug and go elsewhere, or the affiliate sends them packing when they refuse to meet their demands.

I could see WWL eventually ditching CBS and going independent or picking up another network, like WISH or WJXT. Doing so would allow WWL to restore one of their most defining programs and not having a network to force them to air a show that has RARELY EVER been a success. I know CBS has the best show in decades, but it's at the expense of a newscast that has dominated its timeslot for YEARS.

Imagine it becoming a CW affiliate or even taking the MyTV affiliation away from sister WUPL.

Yeah, If I was WWL's station manager, I would tell CBS to kick rocks, get bent, and find another station if I had to dump two hours of my most popular morning show that's been a city institution to air a low-rated national show.

When KOTV got orders from CBS to air the full two hours of the Early Show, they compromised and started it one hour later at 8am.

Yes, let's give CBS the big ol' FU and ditch the affiliation all because they won't let WWL air their AM newscast until 9am :rolleyes:

That morning newscast, no matter how popular, will NEVER manage to bring in the overall revenue the station makes as a CBS affiliate.

The issue with the station is not CBS, it's with TEGNA. If people are complaining about the direction that Tegna is taking WWL, can you imagine what they would do if the station were an independent? Just picture them turning WWL into a WTSP on steroids. After all, an independent station allows Tegna for extra "creative" freedom. Pick your poison wisely...

As I said before the change: Corporate Influnece over Station Interest.

My question will be who more pissed that CBS' low rated morning show not being aired on WWL TEGNA or CBS? If TEGNA pissed than are they upset with WFMY exta hour at 7am & CTM at 8am-10am? Does CBS complain about WFMY? CBS has known for years that many of their affiliates pre-empt their morning news i.e. (when CBS was on WJBK, WAGA, WJW), and when CBS gave the affiliates the 7am hour in the late 90s... Both are in the wrong here.

CBS has known that WWL morning news commanded the highest ratings in the morning, and no morning local news program had those type of ratings that WWL had.

Not only that, CBSTM was at least getting cleared in a 7-9am timeslot on WUPL. Honestly, it's a small price to pay with WWL staying with CBS instead of being another Tegna guinea pig as an independent or a CW affiliate.

Not even the ultra liberal bay area cares that KTVU is owned by FOX.

To their credit, Fox didn't totally bastardize KTVU like many probably thought would happen.

Inverting the old saying, "Fox, not Cox."

why didn't WWL jump to fox in the mid 90s when they had a chance?

Archived