Sunday Night with Megan Kelly

G2000

I don't get why so many people are already calling for her dismissal when, from what I heard and saw on other news programs, the interview wasn't as chaotic or as messy as everyone (understandably) made it out to be.

I wish her nothing but the best, as IMO she isn't what she is on Fox anymore, but...

They made their bed. They should lie on it.

agreed. They should just ride it out until something worth dismissal happens.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get why so many people are already calling for her dismissal when, from what I heard and saw on other news programs, the interview wasn't as chaotic or as messy as everyone (understandably) made it out to be.

I wish her nothing but the best, as IMO she isn't what she is on Fox anymore, but...

agreed. They should just ride it out until something worth dismissal happens.

Ok,

You are right...

She is still hot.

I mean if I'm stuck on a desert island with Kelly and Maddow...and I only get to do the nasty with one of them...

Something odd I noticed today in the background of studio 4E during MSNBC LIVE..

[GALLERY=media, 1005]Screen Shot 2017-06-22 At 2.08.07 PM by LivefromNewYork posted Jun 22, 2017 at 2:20 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 1006]IMG_0705 by LivefromNewYork posted Jun 22, 2017 at 2:20 PM[/GALLERY]

Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly graphics are visible to camera right of the anchor. They have been up for several hours now.

Eh, probably not that big of a deal. I noticed in last week's episode, despite the soft focus lens, that you could see Joy Reid's show going out live behind Megyn. Chances are they tape it during the week and put up some hasty set pieces up so you can see her show's brand ever so slightly behind her.

What will they do?

Do you keep loading her up with international controversial subjects that the general public could care less about?

Or...

Do you toss this goober project back to the Today Show, where you load her up with celeb/mommy/ 25-54 female/ gay demo topics?

Can they send her to The Weather Channel?

Does she like scrap booking?

NBC has really put themselves in the hole with Megyn Kelly. NBC has the largest platform but the worse management and decision makers. They were so greedy to give her all these projects and try to make her a star and she could not build from step one. What they should've done was build her up on NBC platforms, then her talk show and last the newsmagazine. At least with a talk show, there is more leeway to show your natural personality and create an audience. She wants to try to build a female following, she played the female martyr card with Trump. The only hope they have is if her talk show can take off and she will probably be making more appearences on the Today show.

She put a blemish on NBC and herself with the newsmagazine. NBC shoud've let Lester Holt interview Valdimir Putin. He can handle hard news and interviewing top politicians. That is what your evening news anchor is there for, they are the top anchors with the most credibility.

Dateline's On Assignment had better ratings last year then Megyn Kelly's newsmagazine.

Just NBC and Andrew Lack with their egos and poor decision making.

NBC has really put themselves in the hole with Megyn Kelly. ... NBC shoud've let Lester Holt interview Valdimir Putin. He can handle hard news and interviewing top politicians. That is what your evening news anchor is there for, they are the top anchors with the most credibility.

Just NBC and Andrew Lack with their egos and poor decision making.

I'm sure Lester would just love to interview Putin.

Wonder what the ultra racist Putin would think of that?

I'm sure Lester would just love to interview Putin.

Wonder what the ultra racist Putin would think of that?

That is the point.

Lester is tall he would make Putin look like a dwarf. Lester is hard to read, he has the best poker face, Putin would not be able to get inside his skin. Megyn Kelly was very obvious using sex to distract Putin.

That is the point.

Lester is tall he would make Putin look like a dwarf. Lester is hard to read, he has the best poker face, Putin would not be able to get inside his skin. Megyn Kelly was very obvious using sex to distract Putin.

My point is it has just about zero chance of happening...

Not because Putin is afraid of Lester Holt...it's because Holt is black.

(besides I would tell Kelly anything she wants as long as I thought I had a remote chance in hell to bed her)

My point is it has just about zero chance of happening...

Not because Putin is afraid of Lester Holt...it's because Holt is black.

(besides I would tell Kelly anything she wants as long as I thought I had a remote chance in hell to bed her)

I have seen Putin interact with black people before I don't even think race is the issue. It is global world it is the fact that Putin is former KGB, he can be charming and manipulative. Your race does not dictate your job, Lester is top news anchor and should've interviewed him. Bad decision for NBC giving it to Megyn Kelly.

I have seen Putin interact with black people before I don't even think race is the issue. It is global world it is the fact that Putin is former KGB, he can be charming and manipulative. Your race does not dictate your job, Lester is top news anchor and should've interviewed him. Bad decision for NBC giving it to Megyn Kelly.

Race is the issue.

Otherwise Putin would have sat down with Holt years ago.

You don't think NBC has asked?

Ask any black diplomat what Russian Duty is like.

Ask any black man what travailing in Russia on business is like.

Any black reporters at the Moscow bureaus?

I honestly don't even know if Holt has ever anchored from Red Square.

Race is the issue.

Otherwise Putin would have sat down with Holt years ago.

You don't think NBC has asked?

Ask any black diplomat what Russian Duty is like.

Ask any black man what travailing in Russia on business is like.

I am not going to turn into MSNBC and label everything a race or gender issue.

The point is that NBC made a bad decision in placing Megyn Kelly for the interview. She was lost deer in the headlights and got exposed that she is nothing more but a talking head. They should've let her start with her morning show before giving her the big interview. Since she is so greedy she slapped herself in the face. She wanted to be like both Baba Walters and Oprah. The story about Russian collusion did not go anywhere. She made no digs, no wrinkles in the interview.

I am not going to turn into MSNBC and label everything a race or gender issue.

The point is that NBC made a bad decision in placing Megyn Kelly for the interview. She was lost deer in the headlights and got exposed that she is nothing more but a talking head. They should've let her start with her morning show before giving her the big interview. Since she is so greedy she slapped herself in the face. She wanted to be like both Baba Walters and Oprah. The story about Russian collusion did not go anywhere. She made no digs, no wrinkles in the interview.

I will 100% agree NBC research has its head up it's ass.

NBC is stuck with her, but NBC is also flush with cash.

ohhh....

and Russia is a country 1000 times more racist then S. Africa and China.

She does a solid interview, but she sure had to have been really drunk...or aborted Rodgers baby...to split FNC.

ohhh....

She does a solid interview, but she sure had to have been really drunk...or aborted Rodgers baby...to split FNC.

Correction....

She USED to do a solid interview.

ohhh....

She wanted to become the next Oprah and staying at Fox News had it's limitations. I understand her willingness to grow but it is how she did it that got many people disliking her. She did not get it by her journalism, she got it by playing the martyr card. Also the lid was starting to come off at Fox News about the sexual harassment scandals. The fact that she choose NBC showed that she was running from Fox News like a bat out of hell.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry to bump up this thread (this is the first time I've said this) but...

http://deadline.com/2018/03/confronting-putin-megyn-kelly-interview-date-nbc-1202312234/

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/megyn-kelly-vladimir-putin-sunday-night-newsmagazine-1202719154/

So yeah, despite the low ratings and controversy of the first season, Sunday Night is indeed coming back this month. But here's the catch, since it's 7pm timeslot is already filled by American Ninja Warrior, it won't be a weekly show. NBC says that new episodes will air “periodically”, or whenever Kelly is not too busy with MKT. If I were at NBC, I'd put the (hopefully) retooled program on at 10pm, leading-in to local news, and whenever Kelly is unavailable, just have old man Brokaw host.

But overall, I'm not surprised whatsoever. I knew Sunday Night would be back regardless of ratings. NBC greatly over payed for Kelly (just like they do for the Olympics), so they thought they should at least get their moneys worth.

It's also not really smart for her newsmagazine to compete with 60 Minutes in the exact same timeslot. Also, naming the show "Sunday Night" is pretty limiting from a marketing and branding standpoint, how about if they decide to air something from Megyn Kelley after This is Us on a Tuesday or if NBC picks up a new reality show or the revival of XFL for Sunday nights in the spring?

Just call it 'Megyn Kelly Tonight'. Easy fix, problem solved.

*Very doubtful anyone will remember what the show was called in the first place (which may be a good thing).

Archived