Sunday Night with Megan Kelly

G2000

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like a little bit of inspired Australian television naming has finally come to America. Thanks Seven for letting NBC use that name.

It looks like a little bit of inspired Australian television naming has finally come to America. Thanks Seven for letting NBC use that name.

Seven doesn't own some sort of worldwide trademark on that title. :rolleyes: WTMJ aired "Sunday Night with Mike Gousha" from the early 90's until he "retired" to WISN in the mid 2000's.

So, it sounds like it will run during the summer, and then not return until late Feb. 2018 after the Olympics. Really?

Football in the fall, and then they have the Super Bowl this year, then the Olympics immediately after, so after early August they can't go on Sundays. I don't really see it airing through the fall outside of weeknight 'special' editions if a scandal of some kind breaks out or someone has a tell-all to sell.

Football in the fall, and then they have the Super Bowl this year, then the Olympics immediately after, so after early August they can't go on Sundays. I don't really see it airing through the fall outside of weeknight 'special' editions if a scandal of some kind breaks out or someone has a tell-all to sell.

NBC might has well just send Miss Megyn "Straight to DVD" with that kind of scheduling.

Sounds like a night of boxed wine and bon-bons.

Maybe I will roofie myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched and I thought it was good for the first show. Megyn needs to loosen up in her presentation, though. She was kind of stiff, but not bad. I was kind of disappointed that it wasn't cutting-edge like Megyn said it was going to be. I did like the graphics and music a lot. The show has potential.

First show was last night. Anyone watch, what did you think?

I watched a little bit of it. It's pretty much Dateline NBC 2.0 (or what Dateline once was). Nothing special really. Kimmel/NBA pre-game show won the hr. with SN w/ Megan K. coming in second (barely besting a 60 minutes repeat, so yeah...)

I watched a little bit of it. It's pretty much Dateline NBC 2.0 (or what Dateline once was). Nothing special really. Kimmel/NBA pre-game show won the hr. with SN w/ Megan K. coming in second (barely besting a 60 minutes repeat, so yeah...)

Seems like yet another attempt at NBC to swipe at 60 Minutes, and you need four hands to count their failures in that department since they got the timeslot when The Wonderful World of Disney moved on from NBC. The main issue is that NBC and ABC have directed Dateline and 20/20 so far from actual news and investigative journalism towards already-done crime stories and 'here's a book coming out'-timed interviews, there's no easy way to pivot those shows and networks back without complete guttings of everything about them.

It's not exactly a brand new show or concept here.

It's exacly like Rock Center, but not live or with it's own half of a studio.

I like it though. Megyn ain't that bad as host and is capable of doing questions (besides Putin). Almost made me forget being Fox News' set of legs and boobs (with a human attached) for the past almost a decade.

Kelly's upcoming interview with Alex Jones is attracting criticism online

I can understand why. This man is a delusional, inane, pathetic rat bastard.

No one wants to hear him talk on anything that he'll spin to death to be a conspiracy on the government, 9/11 or the devil. And this interview will show it. I'm glad it's got backlash.

Megyn did say she wanted the show to make you think and all that, but from what I've learned recently about this guy in school, he is nutjob. Why are they interviewing him?

Over/under on Megyn's tenure at NBC?

[MEDIA=twitter]874389915865276416[/MEDIA]

You really can't ask "Megyn, what were you THINKING???" because it's gobsmackingly obvious Megyn wasn't thinking. Nor her EVP or anyone connected to this disgraceful dumpster fire.

Unbelievable.

Oh are we supposed to be mad at Megyn Kelly today? Yesterday I thought it was Delta Air Lines. Or Bank of America. Or, oops, I just can't keep track anymore of who the social media villain of the day is.

Seriously, an interview is not an endorsement! If the orange man in the bad suit reads this nutjob's website, maybe it's worth the time to figure out who this guy is. If we only interviewed people we like and agree with all the time, then there would be no news.

If it's a bad idea to give extremism a platform by giving an interview to Alex Jones, surely you must have been upset by this too?

CURRY+AHMADINEJAD.jpg?token=swczQMjjmV37Oa8A65wEzyCTYos%3D

I'm also willing to bet that 70% of the people calling for Megyn Kelly's head right now were applauding her for going after Trump in that debate two years ago. Clearly we're at a point in this culture now where we expect, if not demand that all journalists are activists with a clearly-aligned agenda.

This feels relevant:

Yes, actions have consequences —I tell my two sons that nearly every day — but that is not what this is about. Reasonably holding people accountable for irresponsible journalism and commentary is fair, but the aggressive calling for advertising boycotts over ideological differences is nothing short of political censorship, and sets up a very dangerous precedent.

(....)

This is a very dangerous trend, and if it continues, will end to not just silenced voices, but mutual destruction, and a more poorly informed electorate.

Beyond believing that Sunday's interview should run (honestly how is this different than, say, 60 Minutes' interview of Tim McVeigh in 2000--an extremist who actually had blood on his hands) I'm not sure what to make of the current climate. I firmly believe we need to hear all points of view--including the ones we disagree with vehemently. On the other side, some of what's being spewed by pundits today would probably be considered hate speech 30-40 years ago. And all the while, outside of an iron clad contract, there's nothing that mandates sponsors to attach themselves to any of it.

It's a really fine line now. People get informed by the sources that they want to be informed by and best align with their values.

Then there's the fact Alex Jones himself now doesn't want the interview to air, which is a whole other can of worms.

Someone who says that scores of schoolchildren -- brutally murdered by a homicidal maniac armed to the teeth -- were nothing more than actors doesn't deserve any platform. He should be ridiculed and shunned off of the stage, not given a soft, loosey-goosey interview that validates his garbage.

It's an act, and a poor one at that. It's also a dangerous act.

If it's a bad idea to give extremism a platform by giving an interview to Alex Jones, surely you must have been upset by this too?

CURRY+AHMADINEJAD.jpg?token=swczQMjjmV37Oa8A65wEzyCTYos%3D

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was a head of state. Alex Jones is a second-tier talk radio host. There is no comparison.

Archived