Fox Television Stations - General Thread

ColDayNews

Fusion's quite kickass. I'll throw in SA's Extreme + Outlaw News*, 615's Magnum and why the hell not, Killer Tracks' FOX 1998 (as dated as it debuted). Honorary mention goes to Kalehoff's WNYW Jazzy 1994 theme. Anyone got cuts of that? So catchy.

*Fixed

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There's no place for this, but the ads are running so incessantly during KSAZ's newscasts I think it merits saying...

What do you get when you mix a recently retired meteorologist, pieces of an old news set, and a carpet cleaning company? This:

The two-tone wood panels can be seen at the edges in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=06bX1jPpUfk;t=72

There's no place for this, but the ads are running so incessantly during KSAZ's newscasts I think it merits saying...

What do you get when you mix a recently retired meteorologist, pieces of an old news set, and a carpet cleaning company? This:

The two-tone wood panels can be seen at the edges in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=06bX1jPpUfk;t=72

I could have sworn Greg O'Neill was KSAZ's voice up until they got the 2012 update? When I lived in Scottsdale, I vividly remember him doing the open: "Just you watch the best. You're watching FOX 10 News at Nine/FOX 10 News Midday/Arizona Morning."

I could have sworn Greg O'Neill was KSAZ's voice up until they got the 2012 update? When I lived in Scottsdale, I vividly remember him doing the open: "Just you watch the best. You're watching FOX 10 News at Nine/FOX 10 News Midday/Arizona Morning."

That was not Greg O'Neill. Nope.

yea tbh i thought it wasn't that bad of a Package. the only ones left that will still use it is its former Fox O&Os like WGHP and WJW. WNYW hasnt switched to it yet either.

Once Fox purchases WJW after the Sinclair-Tribune acquisition is complete - they'll dump it.

yea tbh i thought it wasn't that bad of a Package. the only ones left that will still use it is its former Fox O&Os like WGHP and WJW. WNYW hasnt switched to it yet either.

WNYW seems to be stuck in a time loop or something. They haven't really changed anything since 2006, and the set has to be falling apart at this rate. (Plus, I think those indistinct monitors you always see in the back behind the smoky glass were used in the 2001-era set.)

WNYW seems to be stuck in a time loop or something. They haven't really changed anything since 2006, and the set has to be falling apart at this rate. (Plus, I think those indistinct monitors you always see in the back behind the smoky glass were used in the 2001-era set.)

The WNYW set reminds me of the old Studio B/FOX Report set, before they moved to the Fox & Friends studio and then Studio 12H.

• Like 1

RIP OSI's FOX O&O Music on KDFW. :(

Hello. Respectfully, I love Stephen Arnold's "Beyond" as much as I love OSI's "Fox Affiliate News Theme." The Fox News Channel may use the "Breaking News" cut from OSI's "Fox Affilaite News Theme" for breaking news coverage FNC produces for the Fox network.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Chalk KTTV up for FOX O&Os making use of Stephen Arnold's "Beyond". FOX 11 has used it for promos since I believe December, but as of tonight, I can ascertain that they're at least using it (what sounds like the "late theme") for the 10 PM newscast, as the first time I've heard it was tonight a little over an hour ago as of the time I write this. Tonight may be their first usage of Beyond, but I'm not sure. Can any Angelenos/people from the Southland back me up on this?

P.S: The 10 PM open seen tonight continued the trend of stations bringing back Scott Chapin, as I had heard him layered over that 'late theme". What I'm describing as the "late theme" is the one heard in the first sample on the NMSA from KDFW.

• Like 1

Chalk KTTV up for FOX O&Os making use of Stephen Arnold's "Beyond". FOX 11 has used it for promos since I believe December, but as of tonight, I can ascertain that they're at least using it (what sounds like the "late theme") for the 10 PM newscast, as the first time I've heard it was tonight a little over an hour ago as of the time I write this. Tonight may be their first usage of Beyond, but I'm not sure. Can any Angelenos/people from the Southland back me up on this?

P.S: The 10 PM open seen tonight continued the trend of stations bringing back Scott Chapin, as I had heard him layered over that 'late theme". What I'm describing as the "late theme" is the one heard in the first sample on the NMSA from KDFW.

Watched the livestream just now. The Gari music survives on Good Day LA. And Beyond for everything else.

• 4 weeks later...

FTS is expanding newscasts at its stations in New York City, Washington, Phoenix, Detroit, Minneapolis, Charlotte and Tampa. Among the additions include the return of noon news at WNYW after a nine-year absence, and new hour-long newscasts at 4:00 p.m. on KSAZ and WTVT, and at 5:00 p.m. on WJZY. News expansions will also occur in two other markets to be named later.

Additionally, WJBK will be expanding it's morning newscast in September to start at 4 AM, officially becoming the first station in Detroit (and possibly all of Michigan) to run a newscast at 4 AM.

Speaking of WJBK...as of today, they are still using the Fox O&O Theme. Meanwhile, they continue to use Scott Chapin, including on promos for syndicated shows that debuted within the past few years.

Additionally, WJBK will be expanding it's morning newscast in September to start at 4 AM, officially becoming the first station in Detroit (and possibly all of Michigan) to run a newscast at 4 AM.

Speaking of WJBK...as of today, they are still using the Fox O&O Theme. Meanwhile, they continue to use Scott Chapin, including on promos for syndicated shows that debuted within the past few years.

Eight hours of local news in the morning. Now that is the true definition of overkill.

• Like 3