Fox Television Stations - General Thread

ColDayNews

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, C Block said:

New social media logo for KTTV.

It's in line with the revised website identities they implemented about 2 weeks ago or so. It's more plain, but I sure won't miss the searchlights and the gaudy my-fox branding though, as historically associated as they've been with Fox. (And OK this isn't the graphics thread, but is anyone ever a little annoyed by the end of the arm on the F just being slightly diagonal?)

Edited by Roadrunner

I see that they migrated WITI over to the Fox web publishing platform. Looks like according to archive.org, it seems to have happened on July 30. (Still using the "Fox6Now.com" domain.)

Edited by LoadStar

On 8/1/2020 at 3:14 PM, LoadStar said:

I see that they migrated WITI over to the Fox web publishing platform. Looks like according to archive.org, it seems to have happened on July 30. (Still using the "Fox6Now.com" domain.)

They have changed their Facebook logo to the current FTS format and updated their weather app. The Watch Live stand by has also changed, a sign of things to come?

• 3 weeks later...

MoffettNathanson to New Fox. "....dump the broadcast network."

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-news/252665/fox-should-dump-broadcast-net-says-wall-street-analyst/

New Fox is pretty diluted as it is, since the entertainment assets are now part of Disney.  It's basically Fox Network, Fox News, and Fox Sports.  The latter will be even lesser if/when Sinclair rebrands the RSNs they bought.

On 8/24/2020 at 11:26 AM, tyrannical bastard said:

MoffettNathanson to New Fox. "....dump the broadcast network."

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-news/252665/fox-should-dump-broadcast-net-says-wall-street-analyst/

New Fox is pretty diluted as it is, since the entertainment assets are now part of Disney.  It's basically Fox Network, Fox News, and Fox Sports.  The latter will be even lesser if/when Sinclair rebrands the RSNs they bought.

Yeah...that's not gonna happen 

• Like 3

On 8/1/2020 at 12:30 AM, channel2 said:

It's a cue they took from the 20th Century Fox logo itself.

RsSPM9V.jpg

Well, I am glad that Disney is keeping the 20th Century brand and legacy alive for centuries to come. I wish Disney would have merged 20th and Touchstone Pictures into--get this--20th Century Touchstone.

• 1 month later...

Tubi has added live news streams from the Fox Television Stations, NewsNOW from Fox and Fox Soul as part of a new "News on Tubi" section, a new FAST (free ad-supported streaming television) channel offering that will also include NBC News Now, Black News Channel, WeatherNation TV, CBC News (the curated stream already available on Xumo), Bloomberg Television, Cheddar, fubo Sports Network, PeopleTV and News 12 New York (not sure if it's a curated feed of content from each of the News 12 Networks or a pure live stream of any of the channels).

"News from Tubi" is only available on Tubi's Google Play, Roku and Amazon Fire TV apps; curiously, they didn't bother to roll it out to its other apps, most glaringly, its Apple app.

Edited by T.L. Hughes
  • Like 3

On 10/8/2020 at 3:09 PM, T.L. Hughes said:

"News from Tubi" is only available on Tubi's Google Play, Roku and Amazon Fire TV apps; curiously, they didn't bother to roll it out to its other apps, most glaringly, its Apple app.

I agree the omission of an Apple/iOS app is troubling. For what it's worth, users may not be missing much. It's been nearly a week and I have yet to find "News on Tubi" in the Roku or Google Play versions of the app. Curious if anyone has had success testing this out so far.

13 minutes ago, patlovestv said:

I agree the omission of an Apple/iOS app is troubling. For what it's worth, users may not be missing much. It's been nearly a week and I have yet to find "News on Tubi" in the Roku or Google Play versions of the app. Curious if anyone has had success testing this out so far.

I also haven't seen it on Fire TV as of the last time I checked a couple days ago. It must be a slow rollout.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, johnnya2k6 said:

Guess I was right all along about WAGA joining WSB and WGCL with news from 4:00 to 7:00 (now that Judge Judy will be ending after this season): 

https://www.nexttv.com/news/waga-atlanta-expands-430-pm-news

I read about this yesterday at here on TVNewsCheck and I thought it was interesting that it mentioned WAGA at 4:30 was "#1 in its time period." I know AJC showed WSB is (...or could be 'was' now) leading overall (in the demos) at the 4PM hour back in the beginning weeks of the pandemic, and I don't know if the TVNC article meant WAGA was #1 in total households or 25-54, but either way, it shows great promise for WAGA to become an even stronger competitor in traditional WSB territory.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:09 PM, Roadrunner said:

I read about this yesterday at here on TVNewsCheck and I thought it was interesting that it mentioned WAGA at 4:30 was "#1 in its time period." I know AJC showed WSB is (...or could be 'was' now) leading overall (in the demos) at the 4PM hour back in the beginning weeks of the pandemic, and I don't know if the TVNC article meant WAGA was #1 in total households or 25-54, but either way, it shows great promise for WAGA to become an even stronger competitor in traditional WSB territory.

And now that three of the four Atlanta stations will have news at 4:00, it’s safe to say that WXIA won’t be sacrificing Ellen DeGeneres ever (or even moving her to WATL), as she’s been doing very well despite the recent troubles.

The expansion also means Judge Judy now at 3:00 and 3:30, with Divorce Court now at 2:30 am (after Access Hollywood).

Edited by johnnya2k6

• 2 weeks later...

Something something FCC something something

"Fox Seeks Permanent Waiver to Co-Own 'NYPost' and WWOR-TV"

After the Third Circuit reinstated the crossownership prohibition in 2019, Fox is basically asking to be able to own WWOR permanently the same way it owns WNYW and also be able to hold NYPost with it (I'm grossly summarizing there), which they believe the FCC's 2018 decision to eliminate the restriction reinforces. It does come with opponents so we'll see what happens in the lame-duck era of this FCC.

• 1 month later...

Anyone seeing FNC and Laura Ingraham tonight on the O&O's after Fox primetime (or before on the West Coast)? I put on WITI to get the weather, and saw FNC on the air rather than the local 9pm show.

I don't think this is the smartest thing to do tonight by any means. 

Edited by mrschimpf
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

Anyone seeing FNC and Laura Ingraham tonight on the O&O's after Fox primetime (or before on the West Coast)? I put on WITI to get the weather, and saw FNC on the air rather than the local 9pm show.

I don't think this is the smartest thing to do tonight by any means. 

My O&O, KMSP, stopped the special report after the Bret Baier show. I found a stream from a different Fox station that had the special report continue up to the end of Hannity before Fox ended it themselves. Didn't know they had The Ingraham Angle on as well. Did it have the standard Fox News Channel logo (Blue box with White lettering, clock in the red sliver underneath) or the Fox Broadcasting version (which is a White box with a Blue lettering, red sliver has no clock) version of it? That would help know if Fox offered it or if you local station just simulcasted the FNC feed. And yeah, nobody on from 7-10ct should do a Special Report.

3 hours ago, simtek34 said:

My O&O, KMSP, stopped the special report after the Bret Baier show. I found a stream from a different Fox station that had the special report continue up to the end of Hannity before Fox ended it themselves. Didn't know they had The Ingraham Angle on as well. Did it have the standard Fox News Channel logo (Blue box with White lettering, clock in the red sliver underneath) or the Fox Broadcasting version (which is a White box with a Blue lettering, red sliver has no clock) version of it? That would help know if Fox offered it or if you local station just simulcasted the FNC feed. And yeah, nobody on from 7-10ct should do a Special Report.

It was definitely the blue FNC cable feed, not the white no-clock Fox logo that was part of the SR all day. WITI aired regular Fox primetime beforehand.

While watching NFL on FOX (on WITI Milwaukee), I have noticed *way* more promos for FOX News Channel than I ever remember seeing before. I don't know if it's just that they've started placing national ad spots when they haven't before... if these are local ad inserts that FNC is doing now that WITI is an O&O... or if they always did ad spots, but the ads had been previously "overridden" by some other local ad insert prior to WITI becoming an O&O.

I don't really watch WITI much for news, but between the simulcast of FNC mentioned above and the increase in advertising from FNC, I am extremely nervous about the potential of FOX News corporate exerting editorial control over WITI's local news product now that they're an O&O.

• 8 months later...

The Senate Commerce Committee’s Subcommittee on Communications, Media and Broadband has begun debate on a bill (HR 4208, an amendment to Section 331 of the Communications Act called the ‘‘Section 331 Obligation 5 Clarification Act’’) that would, in principle, force Fox to adhere WWOR to commitments to offer at least 14 hours of New Jersey-focused local news programming per week (seven of which have to be scheduled between 6:00 p.m. and midnight ET), maintain a broadcast studio in Secaucus (WWOR has been run out of WNYW’s Fox Television Center facility in Manhattan since FTS sold the since-demolished 9 Broadcast Plaza facility to Hartz Mountain Industries in 2018), file local programming disclosures with the FCC (including how programming aims to satisfy the local content requirements), and consult with community leaders on the type of local programming should that would be featured.

The bill is backed by four Democratic Congressmen representing New Jersey: it was introduced in the House by Reps. Bill Pascrell and Albo Sires, and in the Senate by Sens. Cory Booker and Bob Menendez. (Menendez, in particular, has been the most fervent critic of FTS’ management of WWOR, particularly since its news department was shuttered nearly a decade ago in favor of the now-defunct Chasing News.)

At least two Republican Congressmen seem to be making it about the bill targeting a Fox-owned station: Energy & Commerce Committee ranking member Rep. Bob Latta (R-Ohio) claimed it was “another attempt by Democrats to disregard the First Amendment, this time telling broadcast stations what type of news programming to distribute,” and Rep. Billy Long (R-Mo.) claimed the bill was another Democratic effort to “counter news programming they simply don‘t like.” (The FCC has previously maintained local programming requirements for television stations, and Long made an apparent conflation of FTS with Fox News, despite the fact that the cable-based Fox News Channel offers conservative content by format, while Fox O&O newscasts largely are traditional local news operations, and ignored that the bill aims to enforce WWOR to offer New Jersey-based content it isn’t currently providing and hasn’t for some time and doesn’t dictate that the content hew to a particular political lean.)

Edited by T.L. Hughes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1