Fox Television Stations - General Thread

ColDayNews

Is it me, or does it does it sound a bit like Strive?

Not saying there's a connection.

The morning themes sound like they want to be A New Wish...

In other words, Beyond is the new FOX O&O theme. The OSI has served well for 10 years but its now time for the FOX group to get a new theme.

It was always junky and I'm glad it's going away.

• Like 2

In other words, Beyond is the new FOX O&O theme. The OSI has served well for 10 years but its now time for the FOX group to get a new theme.
Yeah. It's already been 10 years. They should get a new theme.

Now WAGA Switched to Beyond. the next very likely to get it is WJZY, WFLD, WTXF, KDFW, WNYW, WJBK.
I wouldn't be surprised that KDFW is next to switch to Beyond seeing as how Stephen Arnold Music is headquartered locally.

• 4 weeks later...
WTVT has debuted the new music package as of 5pm today. Chris Corley (I think) has replaced Dick Ervasti. And gone is the Impact chime from the 7-Day forecast that has been around for 20+ years.

I bet when KDFW get this music, they'll dump that 7-day forecast chime from Outlaw News.

• Like 1

WTVT has debuted the new music package as of 5pm today. Chris Corley (I think) has replaced Dick Ervasti. And gone is the Impact chime from the 7-Day forecast that has been around for 20+ years.

Wait, really?! I was in Bradenton last week and it not only had the FOX O&O theme but also the Impact chimes. I was so happy to hear them! I even mentioned it in the Chatroom while I was in Bradenton last week.

• Like 2

The best Fox affiliate music has always been the X and X2. It's too bad more stations didn't pick up the X2.

Same. The X2 package brilliantly used the best part of the 20th Century Fox fanfare.

Though there are certain non-Fox specific themes that worked great on Fox affiliates. Stephen Arnold's News Edge, for one.

• Like 3

X-2 is quite good, but so are the 2000s WNYW packages by Andy Zulla, and Stephen Arnold's really-underused Fusion and Fox '95. NewsEdge was also excellent.

The Rampage Gannett pack is an odd spiritual update to Image News with mixed results.

• Like 3