Fox Television Stations - General Thread

ColDayNews

This is a general thread for the Fox O&Os since there isn't one yet... I figured I'd create a thread for Fox due to the continuing developments at Fox News and the O&O station group since the Ailes sexual harassment scandal began in July of 2016.

Former O&Os (WJW, WHBQ, WFXT, WDAF, etc.) can also be covered under this thread. You're encouraged to create a new thread for major events such as Fox purchasing or selling a station, a new graphics package being adopted, etc.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

#MeanwhileInOrlando...

Obviously, with big Billi making himself at home here, Fox 35 has gone whole hog with with being WSVN Central Florida, slogan, teases, studio setup and all. But with transforming into "The News Station" of Orlando comes a different sound.

This is today's 5:00 open; you can hear the bumper cut with a peculiar SoFla influence. But if you listen closely to the open... SOUNDS like Inergy. But it isn’t.

And the 6:00 open has that unmistakable rock sound. Could this be the long-rumored Stephen Arnold Fox package everyone's been talking about?

(As you can also hear, they still use the OSI pack. On a related note, I messaged Big 13 today about them possibly going back to Impact. From what they tell me, they have to toe the line, Skytower and Phoenix be damned)

• Like 4

#MeanwhileInOrlando...

Obviously, with big Billi making himself at home here, Fox 35 has gone whole hog with with being WSVN Central Florida, slogan, teases, studio setup and all. But with transforming into "The News Station" of Orlando comes a different sound.

This is today's 5:00 open; you can hear the bumper cut with a peculiar SoFla influence. But if you listen closely to the open... it doesnt sound like Inergy.

And the 6:00 open has that unmistakable rock sound. Could this be the long-rumored Stephen Arnold Fox package everyone's been talking about?

(As you can also hear, they still use the OSI pack. On a related note, I messaged Big 13 today about them possibly going back to Impact. From what they tell me, they have to toe the line, Skytower and Phoenix be damned)

Could be that their doing what KMSP and KSAZ is doing differently since WNYW, WTTG, KTTV, KTVU, WTVT, WJZY, KDFW, KRIV, WJBK, WTXF and WFLD is still using the OSI Music.

After looking through these newly uploaded vintage KSAZ opens, it's evident they're REALLY holding on to the mid-90s (that font).

Here's today's Good Day Orlando opens. It's definitely evident this is a new Arnold pack. The rollout, if this is strictly O&O, is unknown.

So here's another KSAZ halftime promo pack, featuring the mysterious Aerial as well as the current KSAZ primary theme (during the Monday news teaser):

This one does have the matching *open* as a sample:

Did I miss your KNAZ Dina Ruiz offering?

• 4 weeks later...

ICYMI, WAGA has also started using Beyond recently, but only on Good Day Atlanta. I only have audio recording capability (no video capture card...), but here's a few clips from today, showcasing various cuts that may or may not have appeared yet elsewhere.

• Like 5

Just caught a raw Beyond cut being used as a stinger for the B-block special report. I'm going to have to send a long, attachment-filled email to the NMSA. I truly think the opens debuted in September are "Beyond with Just You Watch the Best Signature".

Good grief is KSAZ a news music mess, now moreso than most times. I believe KSAZ may have been the first station to debut these changes as they did so at the start of NFL season.

Also, is it me or does this also scream Arnold?