Sukanya Krishnan leaving PIX11

JoseRM303

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kala Rama has been rising in the ranks there so my guess would be either her, or they hire an outsider. Or maybe if the evening shows haven't been as good I could see a situation in which they switch Tamsen and Kala. I guess we'll see with this new GM also. They still haven't found a solid replacement for Linda Church; I don't think Lisa is going to get the promotion; either way I'd like to see Bonnie Schneider more. Either way I would expect a lot more changes.

What are the odds Jill Nicolini comes back to anchor? Lol I kid I kid

But seriously.. if they hire from outside anyone possibly see Juliet Huddy?

I think Juliet would be a great pairing with Scott.

How about Tamron Hall as a replacement.

That'll never happen she would command way too high of a salary.

But I see Kala Rama at least being given the chance; whether or not she becomes the permanent co anchor time will tell.

I say inject new blood into that show

first off Scott will go back to weeknight sports (andi will be back on weekends report on weekdays)

and new female anchors

Kala stays at the 5-7 hour

Kirstin Cole gets the 7-9 hour

New Male Anchors

Dan manorrino or Kala's husband at 5-7

and craig tredway moves to 7-9 hour

anybody who thinks re-shuffling the same deck of the lowest watched news operation in NYC has no idea what they're talking about. inject new blood - with the same talent??? Kala Rama is horrible, talks like she's got indigestion or something went down the wrong tube. Kirsten Cole her own hour???? whhhaaaaa? Kala and her husband, Narmeen, Stanford etc. were hired by their former boss when he became GM at PIX - has nothing to do with their talent, it was hiring a security base for himself in an unfamiliar environment. Ousting Sukanya and the interim GM Easterly is a sign a huge changes to come. Look for a new News Director come June1 and a complete overhaul of talent. Plus the fact that the new owners whoever they may be will overhaul what isn't overhauled. Scott Stanford may be the the only with talent to stay, perhaps as a feature reporter, he's not an anchor - he also has a weird voice to deliver the top stories. Tamsen also has a hard voice to listen to, Sukanya had the worst voice ever to listen too, not to mention her mug. Bonnie Schneider may get weather, Mr. G AKA Mr. Mumbles will be out, because new execs will notice that he mumbles and rambles a lot.

Well, that's not new blood. All the same people as they have now, or had them in the past. I would admit Kirstin Cole is one of the best they have.

They should really redo the opening of the news shows on Pix11. Those cartoons, and trains, video game style, have got to go.

I wonder is Sukanya is leaving on her own. Announcing her departure a month in advance is weird, if she is being let go. When she replaced Lynne White, it was done over a weekend. When John Muller was let go of the morning show, I think it was also quite fast. I know if I was being kicked out of a job, I wouldn't stick around for a month.

Well, that's not new blood. All the same people as they have now, or had them in the past. I would admit Kirstin Cole is one of the best they have.

They should really redo the opening of the news shows on Pix11. Those cartoons, and trains, video game style, have got to go.

I wonder is Sukanya is leaving on her own. Announcing her departure a month in advance is weird, if she is being let go. When she replaced Lynne White, it was done over a weekend. When John Muller was let go of the morning show, I think it was also quite fast. I know if I was being kicked out of a job, I wouldn't stick around for a month.

Hard to discuss when moderators protect pix11 from discussion

what's even more weird is that TV Newscheck Moderators must be holding back tons of comments if there is only this post on this subject since 9am, when the story is still very fresh.

At least from my vantage point, she is being let go. The way she phrased it (reading between the lines) made it seem like this was not her choice.

I think this was a long time coming... HOWEVER, it's May.. and this is PIX.. you know we're going to see some sort of antics or flash backs every morning until the end of the month

I think this was a long time coming... HOWEVER, it's May.. and this is PIX.. you know we're going to see some sort of antics or flash backs every morning until the end of the month

Oh gawd....flashbacks...and music picked by the 98 year old union sound guy....

Maybe that Sara McLachan song about the sad poor puppies or the" remember you" song.

This just writes itself....even the part where I throw up.

At least from my vantage point, she is being let go. The way she phrased it (reading between the lines) made it seem like this was not her choice.

it wasn't her choice, when she came back from her vacation on the 18th she tweeted she was back for good or here to stay or something to that effect

I am so glad she's going. I was a viewer from the beginning of the morning news, but her attitude and abrasiveness drove me away a few years ago. LONG overdue. I'll be tuning in June 1. What about Allison Kaden and Treadway for anchors? I like Kirstin Cole but she seems to be in the Tamsen "let's promote ME instead of the news" Fadal school. Kaden has the gravitas an anchor should have and the professionalism. And Treadway....he's great. He would make it a joy to watch.

what's even more weird is that TV Newscheck Moderators must be holding back tons of comments if there is only this post on this subject since 9am, when the story is still very fresh.

9am on a weekday, half of the active members on this site are probably in school...

Yeah, I just approved about 16 comments from you, Mardek, a few newer members who are still in "probation" and deleted a few from users who post things that do not add to a discussion (these users habitually post things like "SMITH OUT AT FOX11" (including the caps) with no useful information).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/betty-nguyen-leaves-nbc-for-wpix/190190

Plus "additional announcements coming"

And honestly it seems like they are taking a harder approach with the people they are adding.. I'm going to bet Scott is reassigned

I agree Scott more then likely will be reassigned and Betty will have a different co-anchor. Usually in these PR they will say who they will co-anchor with but this one doesn't which leads me to believe Scott is being moved off the anchor desk. Also they will more then likely announce that Byron Miranda will be joining as morning meteorologist.

I agree Scott more then likely will be reassigned and Betty will have a different co-anchor. Usually in these PR they will say who they will co-anchor with but this one doesn't which leads me to believe Scott is being moved off the anchor desk. Also they will more then likely announce that Byron Miranda will be joining as morning meteorologist.

Id like to see Anthony DiLorenzo get the the anchor spot

Archived