CNN. Just... CNN.

Jess

I figured we should have a catch-all thread for the stupid crap CNN does, so here's that thread.

Here's the article that prompted me to make this, though. It's from Awful Announcing, which likens CNN's debate-style programming to the drivel that is ESPN's "First Take" and FS1's "Undisputed with Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe"*.

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/cnns-crazy-debates-straight-espn-first-take-playbook.html

It's downright sickening, but that's the path we're going, so...

*As per Richard Deitsch, "The Skip Bayless-led Undisputed is drawing a 0.0 rating in 18 U.S. television markets including Albuquerque, Chicago and West Palm Beach." He points this out every time Skip Bayless posts one of his stupid comments - which is every time he tweets, basically. Deitsch is doing God's work.

• 2 weeks later...
I figured we should have a catch-all thread for the stupid crap CNN does, so here's that thread.

Here's the article that prompted me to make this, though. It's from Awful Announcing, which likens CNN's debate-style programming to the drivel that is ESPN's "First Take" and FS1's "Undisputed with Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe"*.

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/cnns-crazy-debates-straight-espn-first-take-playbook.html

It's downright sickening, but that's the path we're going, so...

*As per Richard Deitsch, "The Skip Bayless-led Undisputed is drawing a 0.0 rating in 18 U.S. television markets including Albuquerque, Chicago and West Palm Beach." He points this out every time Skip Bayless posts one of his stupid comments - which is every time he tweets, basically. Deitsch is doing God's work.

CNN does this thing called yellow journalism. Doing news that's fake and exaggerated. My opinion.

Don't have a link handy but CNN turned down a request by the Trump campaign ad buy touting his accomplishments of a 100 Days in office. Apparently they took umbrage of a graphic calling the mainstream media fake news.

[MEDIA=twitter]859425426556542976[/MEDIA]

• 3 weeks later...

There are no words to describe this example of CNN's latest First Take ripoff fail.

Anderson apologized, probably because he's the only one in this mess that has a semblance of dignity:

[MEDIA=twitter]865754552766803969[/MEDIA]

As I said on Twitter (and RIP my mentions)

[MEDIA=twitter]865759614100549633[/MEDIA]

• 2 weeks later...

So, apparently Kathy Griffin thought it was a good idea to post a picture of herself holding a bloody decapitated Trump head. This has invoked a rare thing - outrage from BOTH sides of the political spectrum. Griffin has apologized and said she will have the photographer remove all instances of the image from the Internet (ROTFL).

This has, of course, put her gig as host of the NYE bash on CNN in jeopardy. Which it probably should, as people are now using Photoshop to put "CNN IS ISIS" on top of said image of Beheaded Trump...

Griffin has apologized and said she will have the photographer remove all instances of the image from the Internet (ROTFL).

This has, of course, put her gig as host of the NYE bash on CNN in jeopardy. Which it probably should, as people are now using Photoshop to put "CNN IS ISIS" on top of said image of Beheaded Trump...

LOL, good luck to him. That reminds me of the time Beyonce's publicist asked Buzzfeed to remove this unflattering picture of her to keep it from showing up in Google searches, it only made things worse.

I'm not surprised that conservative media are taking this and running with it. She and the photographer should have really thought about how it looked and what kind of consequences it could have. Anderson Cooper is gonna need a new feisty partner for the NYE specials, and I sure as hell won't watching the "All American" cringefest NYE bash that Fox News does for more than 5 minutes at a time. But then I mostly stay up doing anything BUT watching TV on New Years Eve anyway, so I guess I'm not too bothered about it. But a lot of people were still fans of their specials, and it sucks for them that it's not gonna be a thing anymore.

Wow. She deserves her firing.

I admit, I do find her brand of comedy funny sometimes. But I will not defend this. I despise Trump, but I wouldn't go this far to show my hatred.

The photo itself was disturbing and gross, and I have no idea why anyone would like or agree to this, let alone Griffin. She and the photog should've known better.

CNN made the right decision.

Griffin has apologized and said she will have the photographer remove all instances of the image from the Internet (ROTFL).

Laughing-Villains.jpg

That reminds me of the time Beyonce's publicist asked Buzzfeed to remove this unflattering picture of her to keep it from showing up in Google searches, it only made things worse.

LOL.

I remember that! In fact, after seeing it (and ROTFLing), I downloaded and kept a meme pic of it on (of all places) my Google Drive!

So, apparently Kathy Griffin thought it was a good idea to post a picture of herself holding a bloody decapitated Trump head. This has invoked a rare thing - outrage from BOTH sides of the political spectrum. Griffin has apologized and said she will have the photographer remove all instances of the image from the Internet (ROTFL).

Has she never heard of the Streisand Effect?

• 2 months later...

Well, well, well. CNN has finally cut ties with the worst of their right wing bullshit artists, Jeffrey Lord.

[MEDIA=twitter]895749784018886657[/MEDIA]

But don't CNN any brownie points. In fact, they owe you and I an indefinite number of brownie points.

[MEDIA=twitter]895760904536694784[/MEDIA]

• 2 months later...

I must say I have never been a fan of Tapper especially since 2008. It was super evident at the time that he was in the can for Obama early in the primaries.

You're a bit like Jake Tapper yourself. It's evident where you are on the political scale (you've now quoted Breitbart twice and have previously exhibited support for Trump policies), which is fine as everyone is entitled to believe what they want, however, you also have tried to present yourself as a moderate, kind of like Tapper.

I must say I have never been a fan of Tapper especially since 2008. It was super evident at the time that he was in the can for Obama early in the primaries.

You're a bit like Jake Tapper yourself. It's evident where you are on the political scale (you've now quoted Breitbart twice and have previously exhibited support for Trump policies), which is fine as everyone is entitled to believe what they want, however, you also have tried to present yourself as a moderate, kind of like Tapper.

I don't present myself as any political party.

Why would my politics even matter to you...or anyone here?

I'm not a democrat...nor a republican.

I just posted an article to an interesting story.

A few days ago I posted an article from MSNBC...

Does that make me a democrat now?

I don't present myself as any political party.

I'm not a democrat...nor a republican.

I just posted an article to an interesting story.

Okay, and Myron's not a Democrat. If you look like a Republican and you smell like one, you are one. Okay, you might not be registered as one, but your ideologies and reading material line up with Republican ideology. There's nothing wrong with that by the way. Both Republicans and Democrats have their pros and cons. Just saying, don't try to come off as being politically moderate.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived