Fox News harrasment controversy

atlnews2

I think it's only a matter of time before we see Shep take back on a second hour, though I do not believe it will be in the form of a revived weekday "Fox Report." Something tells me that Cavuto (who is likely the biggest "friend of Roger" on-air personality remaining at the network not named Sean Hannity) is not long for his time slot on FNC. I could easily see Shep doing 3-5pm in the somewhat near future.

I wouldn't mind seeing two hours of Shep! It'd be better than "Your World" for sure, or any blatant Trump ass-kissing program. I wonder if Fox & Friends will see any changes, too, because aside from Hannity and Cavuto, Steve Doocy was another big "friend of Roger" and is probably just as pissed off as the others about the idea of changes in a post-Ailes FNC. I read that Glenn Beck even opened up about this on his show a few days ago and said "There were those protected people, and Doocy was one of them, and I could never understand what Roger saw in Steve Doocy, but Doocy was one of them." I find it pretty funny that even he, of all the people, was thinking about what Ailes saw in the other guy.

I could see them all jumping ship and running to OAN or a new conservative news outlet if anything major actually does change at FNC, while Fox & Friends finally gets a new male host for the first time since its inception, and Cavuto and Hannity get replaced by Shep's news and another "Five" knockoff.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read that Glenn Beck even opened up about this on his show a few days ago and said "There were those protected people, and Doocy was one of them, and I could never understand what Roger saw in Steve Doocy, but Doocy was one of them." I find it pretty funny that even he, of all the people, was thinking about what Ailes saw in the other guy.

Glenn Beck is... well... he's an interesting fellow.

Gabriel Sherman just posted on his twitter account that Bill Shine is out at FOX News

[MEDIA=twitter]859108816880889856[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]859111225829056512[/MEDIA]

Edit: Suzanne Scott named head of programming, Jay Wallace in charge of news per Gab Sherman

So does the clock until Hannity's exit from FNC begin now? Would seem probable.

Hannity seems like the type that, like BillO and Roger, will stay until removed (absent a large sum of money to go quietly).

I'd like to see what actual changes come now that Shine is gone. I can see Hannity and others clinging on until they're either kicked off or decide to make a run for a Fox News rival. Awesome news regardless, but now I'm curious to see what (if anything) actually changes from this point forward, in terms of company culture, hosts, and shows.

Hannit was on some twitter tirade over the weekend. Who knows what that's about. Hannity has insisted that everyone has been innocent throughout the whole ordeal.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/bill-shine-is-out-as-co-president-at-fox-news/328204

He may see the writing on the wall as far as his job goes at FOX and knew Shine would protect him. Plus he helped Shine get in...

So do the Murdochs eventually rebrand FNC as Sky News [America]? I mean, the brand is tarnished (beyond repair is up for debate), but they clearly need to shake things up even further. They can still keep the conservative [opinion] programming, but they should seriously look at going all-in on hard news.

So do the Murdochs eventually rebrand FNC as Sky News [America]? I mean, the brand is tarnished (beyond repair is up for debate), but they clearly need to shake things up even further. They can still keep the conservative [opinion] programming, but they should seriously look at going all-in on hard news.

Honestly, I'd really like to see this happen. The name "Fox News" has been synonymous with a lot of bad stuff for a long time and now it's even worse. Renaming it to Sky News will probably help a bit in the long run, but overall doing less opinion programming and less "two opposing voices shouting over each other" style shows and more hard news would be awesome to see, and keep the opinion shows to primetime.

Gabriel Sherman just posted on his twitter account that Bill Shine is out at FOX News

[MEDIA=twitter]859108816880889856[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]859111225829056512[/MEDIA]

Edit: Suzanne Scott named head of programming, Jay Wallace in charge of news per Gab Sherman

I really wish that the Fox News hunger games was being televised.

I would love to see that happen, but it's unlikely. However "Fox News" brand, even though it's damaged, is still valuable to many people around the country so it's unlikely to be changed.

Honestly, I'd really like to see this happen. The name "Fox News" has been synonymous with a lot of bad stuff for a long time and now it's even worse. Regarding it to Sky News will probably help a bit in the long run, but overall doing less opinion programming and less "two opposing voices shouting over each other" style shows and more hard need would be awesome to see, and keep the opinion shows to primetime.

Absolutely. They need to try a different approach now.

I would love to see that happen, but it's unlikely. However "Fox News" brand, even though it's damaged, is still valuable to many people around the country so it's unlikely to be changed.

Well, the thing is that they're already ripping the band-aid off so why not take advantage of the opportunity and start completely over? As long as they continue to have some conservative shows/commentators, they'll have the viewers.

I have a feeling Fox Report is gonna go back to a daily schedule.

And two hours of Shepard Smith Reporting while they're at it. And how about an international news program produced by their affiliate Sky News? They already use the Sky News feed when something important is going on in Britain or Western Europe and Shep occasionally uses Sky News reports on his show, and I remember when that was literally all that was shown overnight when Brexit happened, and I figured it'd be cool to show more Sky News programming, maybe late at night. Overall, a switch to more hard news would be a welcome change for all of US-based cable news I think.

And Hannity could be leaving, too (for real this time):

https://t.co/PRAR2naAyt?amp=1

Is it time to start the countdown timer for the following departures?

-Steve Doocey

-Brian Killmeade

-Eric Bolling

-Lou Dobbs

-"Judge?" Jeanne Pirro

-Jesse Watters

-"Judge?" Napalitano**

-Tucker Carlson

-Greg Gutfeld

**Napolitano was "suspended," not officially fired, for perpetuating the debunked President Obama wire-tapping story that Trump has pushed endlessly.

Is it time to start the countdown timer for the following departures?

-Steve Doocey

-Brian Killmeade

-Eric Bolling

-"Judge?" Jeanne Pirro

-Jesse Watters

-"Judge?" Napalitano**

-Tucker Carlson

-Greg Gutfeld

**Napolitano was "suspended," not officially fired, for perpetuating the debunked President Obama wire-tapping story that Trump has pushed endlessly.

Could definitely see Doocy and Bolling leaving (though would Doocy's reporter son Peter follow his dad and leave the network, too?), and if Kilmeade goes, Fox & Friends or whatever replaces it may be more tolerable to watch in the mornings (not that I'd break my loyalty with my own personal favorite local morning show for some Conservative opinion show). Wouldn't mind Pirro going, either, because if any other show on Fox News felt like an American version of North Korean state-run media, it was hers. I got stuck in a car with her show blaring on this person's Sirius XM and could hardly stand her yelling and lecturing at the audience.

Could definitely see Doocy and Bolling leaving (though would Doocy's reporter son Peter follow his dad and leave the network, too?), and if Kilmeade goes, Fox & Friends or whatever replaces it may be more tolerable to watch in the mornings (not that I'd break my loyalty with my own personal favorite local morning show for some Conservative opinion show). Wouldn't mind Pirro going, either, because if any other show on Fox News felt like an American version of North Korean state-run media, it was hers. I got stuck in a car with her show blaring on this person's Sirius XM and could hardly stand her yelling and lecturing at the audience.

All of Fox News' Saturday night lineup (Watters, Pirro, Gutfeld) feels like state run TV. While we're at it, get rid of the Saturday morning Cost Of Freedom block as well.

All of Fox News' Saturday night lineup (Watters, Pirro, Gutfeld) feels like state run TV.

Oh, of course, and so does Fox & Friends most of the time. But Pirro especially gives me Ri Chun-hee vibes

jeanine-pirro.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

They even speak in a similar manner if you've heard the North Korean anchor before.

Archived