Fox News harrasment controversy

atlnews2

....But wait! There's more!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bill-oreilly-accuser-says-he-called-her-hot-chocolate-leered-995158

I'm calling my shot. Jesse Watters will be their new 8pm host as early as Friday.

But they will pair him up with Juan Williams for a wild and wacky hour of political panel discussion and frat house fun. Joanne Nozawickizizickozy also joins the bunch as the "frat bunny".

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be a great FNC primetime lineup:|

7pm EST - The FOX Report w/ Shepard Smith (also offered to Fox network affiliates, basically any affiliate or O&O that wants it can air it)

8pm EST - MacCallum

9pm EST - Tucker Carlson Tonight

10pm EST - Hannity

Or something I thought up: a nightly discussion show that's a combination of Pardon The Interruption and Hannity & Colmes.

That's basically The Five already (with Bob Beckel as the token neutered/declawed liberal).

Only... to compare it to PTI is kinda unfair, because PTI holds/held some modicum of entertainment value to it.

Why would FOX get rid of O'Reilly, he's the channels biggest star. If they do, I guarantee that this will begin the channels downward spiral. Conservatives will label it as 'caving into the left' and this will NOT end pretty.

That's the trap they laid for themselves. However I don't see this as having much of an effect ratings-wise, as the majority of the existing audience will still remain faithful to Tucker and Lumpy, and to whichever O'Reilly clone takes over at 8pm.

Ideology over sanity.

I wonder if they'll offer Hannity the 8pm slot and give someone else the 10pm hour.

I think it would be a better option to move Tucker and Hannity up an hr and give the 10 to someone else. Who?? I don't know.

This would be a great FNC primetime lineup:|

7pm EST - The FOX Report w/ Shepard Smith (also offered to Fox network affiliates, basically any affiliate or O&O that wants it can air it)

8pm EST - MacCallum

9pm EST - Tucker Carlson Tonight

10pm EST - Hannity

That was my thought. Just move Martha to 8 and give her increased exposure.

I wonder if they'll offer Hannity the 8pm slot and give someone else the 10pm hour.

Per New Yorker article about Bill O'Reilly getting the ax, Hannity wants to stay in the 10:00 pm spot. Said article also speculated about FOX News either moving Eric Bolling or Dana Perino off The Five or bumping Tucker Carlson Tonight up from the 9:00 spot he was given after Megyn Kelly left.

I never thought I would see the day. I honestly thought he'd stay there until he died.

I think this shows that that the Murdoch sons do have real power because if Rupert was running the show by himself Bill and Roger would still be there.

So, here's a thought: If I remember correctly, O'Reilly was one of the people at FNC who supposedly threatened to quit if Roger Ailes was fired last year. Well, Ailes was fired but O'Reilly didn't walk...but I wonder if anyone's going to quit because of _both_ Ailes and O'Reilly being fired.

So, here's a thought: If I remember correctly, O'Reilly was one of the people at FNC who supposedly threatened to quit if Roger Ailes was fired last year. Well, Ailes was fired but O'Reilly didn't walk...but I wonder if anyone's going to quit because of _both_ Ailes and O'Reilly being fired.

If anyone that would be Hannity, but now Hannity is the man of the place so I doubt he'll go anywhere.

I never thought I would see the day. I honestly thought he'd stay there until he died.

I think this shows that that the Murdoch sons do have real power because if Rupert was running the show by himself Bill and Roger would still be there.

The Murdochs have to play nice with Ofcom so they can get approval to take over Sky.

It's all about the almighty dollar, and 21CF is finding out the hard way the financial risks of cleaning up in the 65-dead demo with uncontested groupthink.

If anyone that would be Hannity, but now Hannity is the man of the place so I doubt he'll go anywhere.

...until Gabriel Sherman uncovers something really embarrassing about good ol' Lumpy that threatens to impact 21CF's coffers.

Here's an interesting article from Salon about Roger Ailes. It's been reported in the past that he had a "black room" filled with people investigating Fox News personalities he did not like. He hired private investigators to follow his reporters every movement, going over their phone calls and even credit reports. But most (un)surprisingly he hired a marketing company to make blog about Fox News and their enemies. One such blog focused on the women of Fox and was filled with misogynistic content.

I think 21CF likely needs to clean house and hire new managers in hopes of a better corporate culture.

Here's an interesting article from Salon about Roger Ailes. It's been reported in the past that he had a "black room" filled with people investigating Fox News personalities he did not like. He hired private investigators to follow his reporters every movement, going over their phone calls and even credit reports. But most (un)surprisingly he hired a marketing company to make blog about Fox News and their enemies. One such blog focused on the women of Fox and was filled with misogynistic content.

I think 21CF likely needs to clean house and hire new managers in hopes of a better corporate culture.

Their rotting from the inside out is a dream come true for their critics... but it's clear to me that the conservative cable news model as FOX has had it since its inception is collapsing...

Yep, this.

IMO, Bill Shine should've been ousted in tandem with Ailes. He was an enabler for Ailes. If you want to end the harassment culture at Fox News, they need to do some wholesale cleaning, from top to bottom. Get rid of all those who covered up for Ailes, O'Reilly, and the others involved (if they haven't already done so). But as long as you keep Shine and the rest of them, the culture at Fox News will stay a status quo, no matter who the leaves next.

At this current rate, this is worst than the News of The World scandal. And Murdoch was trying to get Sky then.

I used to be active on some of those CNN fan sites, and because of that, some of the content and users crossed over into Reporter Caps and some of those other blogs. I always thought those FNC ones were creepy and strange, but it's amazing that a corporation like Fox would explicitly create them as a PR stunt. Looking back now, there were a fair amount of guest posters on the CNN sites cheering on Fox, making comments about CNN's bad ratings, and wishing for Paula Zahn's show to be cancelled.

Also not surprising that Johnny Dollar was close to Fox, but that's still crazy that they would *pay* a no-nothing blogger like him for favorable coverage in the online underworld.

Archived