Fox News harrasment controversy

atlnews2

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But would anyone actually hire him?

Maybe Newsmax, if they have the cash. But O'Reilly has been phoning it in for a while (figuratively, and literally!) so it wouldn't surprise me if he retired to killing people in his books if Fox let him go.

But would anyone actually hire him?

Probably wouldn't have to...

O'Rielly would walk from FOX with a giant payout he can sit on the beach, and have plenty of money to pay for all kinds of sin and debauchery.

He wins...

FOX wins...

And some viewers get the satisfaction they slayed a mythical dragon.

And the funniest part...

None of us will ever be privy to any settlement details...unless FOX WANTS you to know. Nobody is going to jail, nobody will be fined. Just a giant transfer of dollars between rich folks.

Hope everyone feels better now.

I could give a flying F*&K...because this biz is full of horndogs, sluts , liars, cheats,basket cases addicts, drunks and a few morons who got into this biz "To change the world...or make a difference."

(I'm guilty of all those charges)

When do the social media witch hunts end?

The end user only gets a brief endorphin shot...and a "nah,nah,nah.'

When are we gonna start naming names of women who are actively sleeping their way to the top?

Fair is fair right?

Take a few of these to trial and expose the whole lot of all these losers...

All of them.

Glenn Beck... Breitbart... Info Wars... conservative talk radio...

He is a very smart man. He would have no problem getting work as the graphicly banished one is pointing out.

He always knew this was a possible issue and that's one reason why you ALWAYS keep your personal business websites away from the FOX controlled website.

Bigger and Better will be the end result for him no matter the outcome at FOX.

Win,Win!

He is a very smart man. He would have no problem getting work as the graphicly banished one is pointing out.

He always knew this was a possible issue and that's one reason why you ALWAYS keep your personal business websites away from the FOX controlled website.

Bigger and Better will be the end result for him no matter the outcome at FOX.

Win,Win!

Fox wins too, as they would immediately tab Jesse Walters - a younger O'Reilly, if not even more vitriolic and racist - as his replacement. Walters will keep Fox's 65-dead demos in place at a fraction of the salary. Just look at Tucker Carlson maintaining the graying demos Megyn Kelly had at the 9pm hour.

I'm sure that, even if Glenn Beck and O'Reilly have any public beefs with each other, Glenn would sign O'Reilly for the Blaze in a heartbeat (after all, Glenn just fired Tomi Lahren solely because she's pro-choice, so there's a gap in the Blaze's schedule).

Fox wins too, as they would immediately tab Jesse Walters - a younger O'Reilly, if not even more vitriolic and racist - as his replacement. Walters will keep Fox's 65-dead demos in place at a fraction of the salary. Just look at Tucker Carlson maintaining the graying demos Megyn Kelly had at the 9pm hour.

I'm sure that, even if Glenn Beck and O'Reilly have any public beefs with each other, Glenn would sign O'Reilly for the Blaze in a heartbeat (after all, Glenn just fired Tomi Lahren solely because she's pro-choice, so there's a gap in the Blaze's schedule).

The problem is that Mr. Watters is not 1/10th The on air presence O'Reilly is... he's embarrassing in comparison...

Fox would hire Tomi Lahren, not the other way around. O'Reilly is done. Watters is a joke, can't be taken seriously that baba booey of Cable News

I remember hearing that James Murdoch has been wanting to take Fox News in a different direction for a while. Assuming he does get his way and fires Bill O, I hope that we don't get Jesse Walters, because as bad as Bill O is, Jesse to me is a Klansman in a tux in comparison.

I remember hearing that James Murdoch has been wanting to take Fox News in a different direction for a while.

Well James has a man-bun, drives a Subaru, listens to Maroon Five and would probably hire Maddow.

That "new direction" would be left.

It seems like James' vision for Fox News is more along the lines of long term viability, versus his dad's view which is in the moment. Rupert wants to make as much money as he can, knowing full well that one day, these older viewers will die off- but he'll worry about it when the time gets there, until then, keep feasting.

If the Murdoch's want Fox News to be around for the long term, then now's the time to start cutting the fat. Trim all the older, expensive, talent and/or one's that are liabilities to the network. Start getting those younger conservatives to tune in, otherwise they're going to stick to Breitbart, InfoWars, The Blaze, etc.

I remember hearing that James Murdoch has been wanting to take Fox News in a different direction for a while. Assuming he does get his way and fires Bill O, I hope that we don't get Jesse Walters, because as bad as Bill O is, Jesse to me is a Klansman in a tux in comparison.

If that were the case, then wouldn't James Murdoch have done something to prevent Tucker Carlson from assuming Megyn Kelly's timeslot?

The problem is that Mr. Watters is not 1/10th The on air presence O'Reilly is... he's embarrassing in comparison...

But he fits the ideological bent. Ailes didn't hire Hannity in 1996 because of talent but because of ideology.

And a Watters-Tucker-Hannity lineup will clean up the 65-dead demos just as much as an O'Reilly-Tucker-Hannity lineup. It's not about quality, not in the least.

If that were the case, then wouldn't James Murdoch have done something to prevent Tucker Carlson from assuming Megyn Kelly's timeslot?

But he fits the ideological bent. Ailes didn't hire Hannity in 1996 because of talent but because of ideology.

And a Watters-Tucker-Hannity lineup will clean up the 65-dead demos just as much as an O'Reilly-Tucker-Hannity lineup. It's not about quality, not in the least.

Would you consider the 65-dead folks so entrenched and wacked out that they would watch a mime as long as it gave them the perspective they wanted?

Would you consider the 65-dead folks so entrenched and wacked out that they would watch a mime as long as it gave them the perspective they wanted?

As PT Barnum famously mused, "there's a sucker born every minute."

It seems like James' vision for Fox News is more along the lines of long term viability, versus his dad's view which is in the moment. Rupert wants to make as much money as he can, knowing full well that one day, these older viewers will die off- but he'll worry about it when the time gets there, until then, keep feasting.

If the Murdoch's want Fox News to be around for the long term, then now's the time to start cutting the fat. Trim all the older, expensive, talent and/or one's that are liabilities to the network. Start getting those younger conservatives to tune in, otherwise they're going to stick to Breitbart, InfoWars, The Blaze, etc.

Here's the problem though...

That older 54+ demo spends a ton of money...and is spending more each year as they get older. Yes...they have made most of those "consumer loyalty" decisions long ago...but they do still play an important role. If that demo was counted I think we would be amazed at the spending power they still have.

Buy a Jitterbug!

And remember...

Those Gen-x and millennial's will get older, and more angry...and more poor....and more disenfranchised...and more picky...and become conservative viewers to FNC...(they hope).

Ask yourself this...

Can anyone really plan where TV will be in 3-5 years (sans mardek1995) because I don't think anyone has a clue.

I'm calling my shot. Jesse Watters will be their new 8pm host as early as Friday.

Not so sure about that... Eric Bolling, Greg Gutfeld, and Dana Perino have been the substitutes since O'Reilly left for vacation last week.

But now there's this from his attorney:

Bill O’Reilly has been subjected to a brutal campaign of character assassination that is unprecedented in post-McCarthyist America. This law firm has uncovered evidence that the smear campaign is being orchestrated by far-left organization bent on destroying O’Reilly for political and financial reasons.

That evidence will be put forth shortly and is irrefutable.

Not even sure what to make of that... We'll have to see if they can produce, but it kind of reeks of desperation.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oreilly-lawyer-gives-statement-irrefutable-evidence-of-a-political-smear-campaign/

Not even sure what to make of that... We'll have to see if they can produce, but it kind of reeks of desperation.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oreilly-lawyer-gives-statement-irrefutable-evidence-of-a-political-smear-campaign/

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at this desperation:

Bill O’Reilly has been subjected to a brutal campaign of character assassination that is unprecedented in post-McCarthyist America

"... because only Mr. O'Reilly and his Fox colleagues are allowed to engage in said campaigns!"

Not so sure about that... Eric Bolling, Greg Gutfeld, and Dana Perino have been the substitutes since O'Reilly left for vacation last week.

Does it matter who they select? There's nothing to distinguish any of them... Bolling... Watters... Gutfeld... Tucker... they all say they same inflammatory stuff.

I'm calling my shot. Jesse Watters will be their new 8pm host as early as Friday.

Either way, any of these people could have double of O'Reilly's pompous propaganda and half the fat (read: talent and weight) and they'd still get a #1 show.

Doesn't really matter.

The real question is when Bill-O leaves.

Archived