NBC Puerto Rico/WKAQ

CaptainNews

Yeah, WNBC has been on cable since 1995. It wouldn't've made sense to switch it over to WTVJ.

Geologically it makes way more sense.

Geographically too! :D

Except for the fact that Miami has a predominant Cuban population, not a Puerto Rican population. Demographically speaking, piping in WNBC makes way more sense.

Except for the fact that Miami has a predominant Cuban population, not a Puerto Rican population. Demographically speaking, piping in WNBC makes way more sense.

100% right. If WTVJ was pipped, it would be towards Cuba. WNBC is pipped towards PR because of the high population of PRs there.

Plus, Kissimmee has a higher population of PRs than Miami so having WNBC makes perfect sense. Myron Falwell has it 100% exactly right.

Kissimmee, Orlando and Tampa are some of the cities that have a predominant population of Puerto Ricans in FL. That's why WRMD in Tampa airs WKAQ's Telenoticias after the 11pm newscast (I'm not sure at what time they air it).

Ok I think the grammar class has ended.

Seems like there's quite a few people on this board that get touchy about small minute things that don't matter at the end of the day.

Geologically it makes way more sense.

Yes it makes sense because it's coming from 30 rock.

Rock on...

Stone Phillips..

Of Rockland county...

Eating Rock Lobster...

Sorry I'm taking this whole thing for granite.

That and technically has been retrievable over satellite whereas WTVJ via satellite is a relatively new thing. That is the same reason that the primary CBS affiliate is from Erie, PA of all places (although I do believe that WSEE has a separate feed for the Caribbean that removes all the Erie-oriented ads and replaces them for ads targeted toward Puerto Rico and the rest of the Caribbean).

Although various cable providers in the Carribean have gradually been switching their network feeds from NYC/Detroit (Because Detroit stations are retrievable by satellite too) to Miami most likely because of geographic reasons.

But going back to the topic at hand, there is a strong connection between the NYC market and Puerto Rico for the reasons already listed. Same reason why the ABC affiliate in Puerto Rico simulcasts WABC's newscasts.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm kind of like the Megyn Kelly thread, right?

No not really. Here someone was complaining about a spelling mistake (odd since that person steals stuff he's read elsewhere and not only posts as his own, but also that he was the first to report it!).

The Megyn Kelly thread someone was making stuff up (you) and someone else sensed it (me) and called him out on his BS. Now you're getting all upset and whining like a baby that I stop.

No not really. Here someone was complaining about a spelling mistake (odd since that person steals stuff he's read elsewhere and not only posts as his own, but also that he was the first to report it!).

The Megyn Kelly thread someone was making stuff up (you) and someone else sensed it (me) and called him out on his BS. Now you're getting all upset and whining like a baby that I stop.

Who the hell said I said it was my own? I know I didn't.

Who the hell said I said it was my own? I know I didn't.

Oh boy. I know you're not the brightest so try to follow along:

You quoted me (Post #17 this thread) as saying "Seems like there's quite a few people on this board that get touchy about small minute things that don't matter at the end of the day" (Post #13 this thread). My post (Post #13) was referring to your post (post #12) which said "Ok I think the grammar class has ended" in which you were referring to WSVNFan's post (post #11) which said "Oh and please fix the thread to say "Puerto Rico." You missed the e".

So you were telling WSVNFan that grammar class has ended, so I made a comment the "small minute things" agreeing with you that WSVNFan shouldn't have made a big deal about a smelling mistake. So when I made the comment that someone steals stuff and reports it as his own I was referring to WSVNFan, not you. I was stating that WSVNFan complaining about a spelling mistake is a small minute thing. Me calling you out for totally making something up is not small and minute.

Oh boy. I know you're not the brightest so try to follow along:

You quoted me (Post #17 this thread) as saying "Seems like there's quite a few people on this board that get touchy about small minute things that don't matter at the end of the day" (Post #13 this thread). My post (Post #13) was referring to your post (post #12) which said "Ok I think the grammar class has ended" in which you were referring to WSVNFan's post (post #11) which said "Oh and please fix the thread to say "Puerto Rico." You missed the e".

So you were telling WSVNFan that grammar class has ended, so I made a comment the "small minute things" agreeing with you that WSVNFan shouldn't have made a big deal about a smelling mistake. So when I made the comment that someone steals stuff and reports it as his own I was referring to WSVNFan, not you. I was stating that WSVNFan complaining about a spelling mistake is a small minute thing. Me calling you out for totally making something up is not small and minute.

That's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the Megyn Kelly thread and how it was "My Story." See you don't ask questions, you assume.

Weren't you done debating me? I guess not.

That's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the Megyn Kelly thread and how it was "My Story." See you don't ask questions, you assume.

You made it up dude, admit it. It is your made-up story. There is no source so you did not steal anything. When I made the stealing/copyright remark, I was not referring to you.

Archived