Teams moving in to Vegas

mardek1995

From what I heard, the UNLV stadium is too small, the locker rooms are too small, and there isn't enough of a buffer around the stadium for security purposes.

Lol,

The Raiders fans would trash, burn and loot that place at the first home game.

At the second home game, the tweakers / meth heads would strip all the copper wire and pipes out of the walls and sell them to the recycling goons.

LVMPD is gonna love the raiders and those fans.

Who knew Mark Davis' fashion defining haircut could make people so rabid? Don't fight the broken bowl haircut, embrace it!

I don't know why they're not using his haircut as an inspiration for the stadium design.

Picture it now, the 'Mark Davis Bowl Cut Bowl' (presented by Campbell's or Kellogg cereal or something that goes in a bowl).

I don't know why they're not using his haircut as an inspiration for the stadium design.

Picture it now, the 'Mark Davis Bowl Cut Bowl' (presented by Campbell's or Kellogg cereal or something that goes in a bowl).

LOL. Ya know, I think the Carson stadium concept took Davis' haircut as inspiration. Of course many thought it looked like a toilet bowl, too...

I'll take "Something in a bowl" for $100 Alex.

So to give an idea, he is right about the A's moving. Now with the Raiders leaving it actually gives the A's prime opportunity to start the project certainly if Oakland is willing to play ball.

Tampa is the only one and Las Vegas is not on MLB's radar but Portland and Charlotte and yes Montreal are on MLB's radar at this instant.

Looks like Charlotte and Montreal would be the best fits geographically for the time being, as well as the most MLB-ready. Divisions could be set-up like this:

AL East: Toronto, NYY, Boston, Baltimore

NL East: Montreal, NYM, Philly, Washinton

AL North: Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago WS, Minnesota

NL North: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago C, Milwaukee

AL South: Charlotte, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Texas

NL South: Atlanta, Miami, St. Louis, Houston

AL West: Arizona, Los Angeles A, Oakland, Seattle

NL West: San Diego, Los Angeles D, San Francisco, Colorado

A few notes:

1. If St. Louis and Chicago bulk at being split up, then you can slide St. Louis (and KC) to the North, Pittsburgh (and Detroit) to the East, and Washington (and Baltimore) to the South.

2. Notice the order. Sets up perfectly for Interleague Natural Rivals:

East: TOR-MON, NYY-NYM, BOS-PHL, BAL-WAS

North: DET-PIT, CLE-CIN, CWS-CHC, MIN-MIL

South: CHA-ATL, TB-MIA, KC-STL, TEX-HOU

West: ARIZ-SD, LAA-LAD, OAK-SF, SEA-COL

3. Yes, Houston is restored to the National League and Arizona takes its place in the American League. If you look at a map of MLB teams, doing this balances things out so that each area/region has 1 AL team and 1 NL team. Also puts all the Mountain and Pacific teams in the West divisions, and puts both Texas and Houston in time zone friendly divisions.

If the MLB were to ever expand to 36, I think Portland (to NL to balance Seattle in AL) and Las Vegas/Salt Lake (to AL to balance Colorado in NL), and Nashville (to AL) and Oklahoma City (to NL).

Looks like Charlotte and Montreal would be the best fits geographically for the time being, as well as the most MLB-ready. Divisions could be set-up like this:

AL East: Toronto, NYY, Boston, Baltimore

NL East: Montreal, NYM, Philly, Washinton

AL North: Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago WS, Minnesota

NL North: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago C, Milwaukee

AL South: Charlotte, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Texas

NL South: Atlanta, Miami, St. Louis, Houston

AL West: Arizona, Los Angeles A, Oakland, Seattle

NL West: San Diego, Los Angeles D, San Francisco, Colorado

A few notes:

1. If St. Louis and Chicago bulk at being split up, then you can slide St. Louis (and KC) to the North, Pittsburgh (and Detroit) to the East, and Washington (and Baltimore) to the South.

2. Notice the order. Sets up perfectly for Interleague Natural Rivals:

East: TOR-MON, NYY-NYM, BOS-PHL, BAL-WAS

North: DET-PIT, CLE-CIN, CWS-CHC, MIN-MIL

South: CHA-ATL, TB-MIA, KC-STL, TEX-HOU

West: ARIZ-SD, LAA-LAD, OAK-SF, SEA-COL

3. Yes, Houston is restored to the National League and Arizona takes its place in the American League. If you look at a map of MLB teams, doing this balances things out so that each area/region has 1 AL team and 1 NL team. Also puts all the Mountain and Pacific teams in the West divisions, and puts both Texas and Houston in time zone friendly divisions.

If the MLB were to ever expand to 36, I think Portland (to NL to balance Seattle in AL) and Las Vegas/Salt Lake (to AL to balance Colorado in NL), and Nashville (to AL) and Oklahoma City (to NL).

Good concept. I think MLB would have a very hard time doing a league/division realignment given the rivalries. You alluded to SLT/CHC, but you also have the Angels/Rangers.

Also, i'd be more inclined in leaving AZ in the NL West--given that it has been in the NL/West since it's inception and the fact that the time zone is not that far off from west coast time. I would move COL out of the NL, though. It's geographically isolated-- and it's closer to a few AL Central teams.

And, i've heard of Austin and San Antonio as potential MLB markets. LV, Nashville and OKC are a long shot...

Archived