Sinclair, Tribune Close to Merger Deal

MidwestTV

I wonder if they can get Melissa McCarthy to play Sarah Huckabee Sanders? I mean, there's a ton of skits they can do based Sarah's psycho eye movements.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, all of the drama that happens at Sinclair and how they respond to it would be a great idea for a telenovela on Unimas. After a succesful run there, we will adapt it in English for USA or HBO.

Letting ya know now in case someone tries to steal this: I came up with it first!

I wonder if they can get Melissa McCarthy to play Sarah Huckabee Sanders? I mean, there's a ton of skits they can do based Sarah's psycho eye movements.

Yup...I just went there.

This has bugged me for months....

chen.jpg.18e09dec9dba13fb7a707cac0c16abb5.jpg

Jessica Chen KGTV 10 News

(Secret Code Name "Left Eye")

The Epshteyn editorials look like they they use the same graphics as the now-defunct "American News Network" which was distributed to low-powered and religious stations in the early-2000s.

Good old Digital Juice...

...the fallback before the internet started selling $35 graphics packages to small market stations...

I just remembered -- at least this won't be WPIX and WGN's first time airing commentaries during the late news.

Remember Larry Mendte?

I remember Larry Mendte commentaries on Fox17 for a few years mainly aired during the 6:30PM of the news. I like Larry seems like a very nice person surprise when I read his bio on Wiki that he was the very first host of Access Hollywood which doesn't seem to be what Larry would do. Kinda like Bill O'Reilly being on Inside Edition looking back on it doesn't see, like what he would do. Sorry if this was going little bit off topic.

Yet more surprising opposition, this time from the conservative side.

Christopher Ruddy, CEO of Newsmax Media, stated in an interview that he wants regulators to slow down their review, saying the deal "needs more vetting" and that it "rais[es] so many serious concerns about the concentration of media power".

On Friday, AWE – A Wealth of Entertainment, Cinémoi, MAVTV Motorsports Network, One America News Network, and RIDE Television filed a statement also supporting Dish's petition for more time.

I just remembered -- at least this won't be WPIX and WGN's first time airing commentaries during the late news.

Remember Larry Mendte?

He still gives commentary weekly on MeTV WJLP Ch. 3/33 in NY area

Additionally why do their must runs (save for the Terror Desk) use a crappy backdrop and lower thirds for their commentary?

becasue Sinclair is too cheap to get nicer backdrops and graphics

Maybe so, but Morris would've done things on an even cheaper level than Sinclair. At least Sinclair cares about how its on-air product looks.

Morris would at least have put the station in HD, but any sane buyer would have. Barrington's logo should appear in the dictionary next to "neglectful owner".

Morris would at least have put the station in HD, but any sane buyer would have. Barrington's logo should appear in the dictionary next to "neglectful owner".

Wasn't Barrington sort of a revival of Benedek Broadcasting?

And Morris won't be here much longer. Something in me says that.

So it appears that a second shareholder has filed a lawsuit, a few days after the first one did so.

And it appears that a slew of independent content programmers (that includes TheBlaze and One American News Network) have asked GOP leaders from the House and Senate to hold congressional hearings regarding this deal. The programmers fear that Sinclair would have unprecedented leverage in the video programming marketplace.

And here's a fresh article about Sinclair from Variety this morning.

So it appears that a second shareholder has filed a lawsuit, a few days after the first one did so.

And it appears that a slew of independent content programmers (that includes TheBlaze and One American News Network) have asked GOP leaders from the House and Senate to hold congressional hearings regarding this deal. The programmers fear that Sinclair would have unprecedented leverage in the video programming marketplace.

And here's a fresh article about Sinclair from Variety this morning.

That's not an article. That's a puff piece.

I find it funny how we've been saying for years how Sinclair is a dangerous propaganda machine, but the mainstream media didn't see Sinclair as a threat until now.

It's only a threat when it's already too big. People said Microsoft was a risk at becoming a large monopoly in it's the early days when they started getting into agreements with sites to exclusively require Internet Explorer. Nobody cared until the Antitrust suit in 2001.

Archived