Voiceover artist Doug Paul has passed away.

Longtime voiceover artist Doug Paul passed away last Tuesday from heart failure resulting from pulmonary fibrosis. He was 59.

His notable work was during the 80s & 90s, when he was the leading voiceover of the Tribune Broadcasting stations, including WGN, WPIX & KTLA. And just recently, he was the VO of Katz Broadcasting's diginet Grit.

Some of his other work included KNSD, Peachtree TV, and several radio imaging & advertisements including Jos. A. Bank.

Sad that another part of my childhood has gone away. May he rest in peace.

When he started doing Jos. A. Bank, I couldn't believe it. But there he was.

Very sad to hear that. He died kind of young, too. Our best wishes to Doug's family and friends during this...very difficult time. :(

Aw man. :(

"From New York, this is the Channel 11 News at 10:00. With Kaity Tong, Jack Cafferty, Sal Marchiano Sports and Mr. G Weather."

"From Chicago's Very Own, this is WGN News at 9:00."

"This is the emmy-award winning KTLA News at 10:00."

"From KWGN-TV Denver's 2, the Mile High City's only primetime newscast. With Dave Young, Beverly Weaver, Al Fogleman with Weather and Jim Conrad with Sports. This is Channel 2 News."

RIP to Mr. Paul.

"From KHOU-TV Houston, The Spirit of Texas... This is 11 News. With Steve Smith, Marlene McClinton, Dr. Neil Frank with Weather, and Giff Nelsen on Sports. 11 News at Ten."

Doug Paul was the voice for KHOU from 1991-97. Rest in Peace DP, and Godspeed.

RIP Doug.

Seems like some of our best VO talents have died far too soon. Chris Clausen, Brian James, Chuck Conners...

Have to agree with that fact. Other than the Jos. A Bank spots (which until seeing the original post I was unaware that was him) I didn't hear much of his work but that hit me since my parents turn 59 this year. Definitely far too young to pass on.

• 3 weeks later...

"From Chicago's Very Own, this is WGN News at 9:00."

"This is the emmy-award winning KTLA News at 10:00."

I think that was Ron Boltz doing KTLA, not Doug.

Also...wasn't it "Chicago's Very Own Nine O'Clock News"?

And most of you don't know this, but Doug also did some work for World Championship Wrestling in the mid-'90s (especially those "Be Fair To Flair" promos during Ric Flair's "retirement" angle).

Archived