The Weather Channel introduces new icons

StormTrack8000

Earlier this morning, around 2 AM, EST, The Weather Channel made the debut of their new weather icons, which are used for their maps, Local Forecast..ect. This is the first change of icons since 1998.

In My Opinion, these icons are pretty cool, although I do think that the other icons they used were better.

If you want to see them..you can see SOME of them at weather.com... I do not think all have changed on there yet

My favorite is deffinately the thunderstorm Icon 8)

I have to say that they are a great update. this must be a part of the new graphics they are set to launch next year.

That is also my assumption as well. They should also (I belive that is what TWC told me) be changing the layout to the LF, as well as all their shows

Also.. I noticed a little change in the Abrams and Bettes Studio

I also think some of the Icons could be just a bit biger :-\

• 4 months later...

No, they aren't rebranding again anytime soon... they'll just get a new HD studio and new graphics - the date is set now for "early 2008." The HD set is to be completed in January.

• 1 month later...

Personally, I do not like the new icons, on low def tvs, those things are torture. Even on my high def it can be difficult to see . . . especially in the winter if you cant tell if it is showing snow or rain 15 miles to your west. I miss the old weather channel from when I was growing up, before the Storm Stories and such took over.

I like storm stories!

Wow, it has been a while since I have heard that from anyone.

Re: arkansasdolfan--- You get used to it after a while. It is easy now, for me to tell between the rain and snow..ect. But, you are right, the winter ones are hard to tell.

Archived